Wireless Mouse for Laptop

ACL777ACL777 Posts: 1,665
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi. Can anybody recommend a cheap wireless mouse for a Toshiba laptop satellite l955 10f. Thanks .

Comments

• barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just trying to work out why anybody would want to use a wireless mouse with a laptop. I refuse to use that silly trackpad, but use what I can best describe as a mini-mouse. I think it was sent as a promotional gift from some kind of mail-order company, but is ideal. These are all quite similar: http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/mini-computer-mouse
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    barbeler wrote: »
    I'm just trying to work out why anybody would want to use a wireless mouse with a laptop. I refuse to use that silly trackpad, but use what I can best describe as a mini-mouse. I think it was sent as a promotional gift from some kind of mail-order company, but is ideal. These are all quite similar: http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/mini-computer-mouse

Why would you not want to use a wireless mouse?
  • LumstormLumstorm Posts: 447
    Forum Member
    alan1302 wrote: »
    Why would you not want to use a wireless mouse?

Probably thinks like me that wireless is just a pointless waste of batteries. If your right next to the computer wireless has no point when you can just plug into the computer.
  • ACL777ACL777 Posts: 1,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I need a double click wheel mouse for a radio software programme I want to install. The computer controlled radio software states it needs this as one of its operating requirements.
  • Alan FAlan F Posts: 1,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To answer the original question Logitech M235
  • killjoykilljoy Posts: 7,918
    Forum Member
    I can imagine being useful if you want to sit back and watch a film on the laptop,
  • barky99barky99 Posts: 3,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lumstorm wrote: »
    Probably thinks like me that wireless is just a pointless waste of batteries. If your right next to the computer wireless has no point when you can just plug into the computer.
    wireless notebook mouse gets rid of another cable & is a little bit more convenient than wired for me .. runs off rechargables (recharged alkalines if you are careful)
  • ACL777ACL777 Posts: 1,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks. Went for the Logitech.
  • Y MeY Me Posts: 4,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A wireless mouse doesn't really get rid of the cables as you have to plug the receiver into a USB port and some of these are on long cables.

I use a Bluetooth mouse on my laptop - absolutely brilliant - power on laptop turn on mouse and away you go - nothing to plug in.

You're stuffed if your laptop doesn't have Bluetooth of course.
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    Y Me wrote: »
    A wireless mouse doesn't really get rid of the cables as you have to plug the receiver into a USB port and some of these are on long cables.

I use a Bluetooth mouse on my laptop - absolutely brilliant - power on laptop turn on mouse and away you go - nothing to plug in.

You're stuffed if your laptop doesn't have Bluetooth of course.

Most use Nano USB receivers now