Options

The Niamh Perry Appreciation Thread

QuizmikeQuizmike Posts: 5,972
Forum Member
Watched the show tonight with an open mind as my previous favourite (Nancy Nancy) didn't make it through to the finals.

I thought that Niamh gave a really good performance and and outsung some of the "professionals". I hope she does well in the competition.

Comments

• Options
    skreepersskreepers Posts: 1,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, I'm in. I thought she was really good tonight and would make a very good nancy in my opinion! I hope shes got enough votes to keep her in! Very impressed!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    everyone join the fan group that us lot at MT4Uth have set up for her
    http://bebo.com/iddoanythingforniamh

I've met Niamh when i did Music Theatre 4 Youth's production of Joseph in Coleraine, Northern Ireland last year.

She is the kindest and sweetest person you could ever met and so happy for her for all her success and wish her luck.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she gave a really good performance tonight. She seemed like a lovely person as well.
  • Options
    SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She sang really well and looked good but I didn't see any Nancy at all
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    She was one of the few I liked tonight, I thought she gave a great peformance. However, I agree with Saturn, I didn't see a Nancy. I know it's only the first week and she'll start to develop the rough, raw qualities needed, but anyway, she sang brilliantly tonight.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,818
    Forum Member
    her and jodie are my faves! she lives 15 mins away from me and goes to my friends school. good luck niamh do it 4 the irish!
  • Options
    lilhunni_Jolilhunni_Jo Posts: 13,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *bumpity bump* ;)

I thought Niamh was really great on saturday...probably my favourite at the moment :D She sang very well!!
  • Options
    Grand DizzyGrand Dizzy Posts: 7,369
    Forum Member
    Niamh's definitely my favourite. She's so pretty! Beautiful skin, hair, eyes, mouth — the lot. And that's just her appearance, she is a fantastic performer too. I wonder if she's too cute to be Nancy? If she doesn't get this, I'm sure she will get some kind of role. (I would definitely give her one.)

I hope she stays in pink because it really suits her!

Oh and I'm glad someone else made this thread. Saved me making one! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Niamh's definitely my favourite. She's so pretty! Beautiful skin, hair, eyes, mouth — the lot. And that's just her appearance, she is a fantastic performer too. I wonder if she's too cute to be Nancy? If she doesn't get this, I'm sure she will get some kind of role. (I would definitely give her one.)

I hope she stays in pink because it really suits her!

Oh and I'm glad someone else made this thread. Saved me making one! :)

You are right she is very pretty. And in person she is so down to earth and easy to get on with. Her acting is fantastic and so is her voice so if the public do not choose her for nancy she will definitely land herself a different role!

p.s just to let you all know I will be getting the result straight after it is announced on Saturday night. I will start a thread tomorrow on it and let y'all know as soon as I do so you won't have to wait until Sunday!:D:D
  • Options
    ellie4265ellie4265 Posts: 1,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skreepers wrote: »
    p.s just to let you all know I will be getting the result straight after it is announced on Saturday night. I will start a thread tomorrow on it and let y'all know as soon as I do so you won't have to wait until Sunday!:D:D

Excellent, thank you!
  • Options
    Grand DizzyGrand Dizzy Posts: 7,369
    Forum Member
    Don't go posting spoilers up unannounced though! I definitely don't want to know the results before I watch the show. Ruins the show for me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    a family friend of mine knows Niamh! :D apparently she's a lovely girl and her parents are too.

there's also loads of flyers up in Ballynahinch which would be about half an hour from where Niamh lives
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xxlouxx wrote: »
    a family friend of mine knows Niamh! :D apparently she's a lovely girl and her parents are too.

there's also loads of flyers up in Ballynahinch which would be about half an hour from where Niamh lives

wow. Does your 'the duff' mean carryduff by any chance? Are you from carryduff?
  • Options
    Cat BalouCat Balou Posts: 1,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's still early so I don't have a favourite yet but Niamh is one of my top 4.

She was great last week and again tonight. A good singer who also has good stage presence.

I hope that Niamh stays in for a while and continues to show us what she can do as it looks like she has real star potential. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having backed Niamh down from 20/1 to 8/1 I am glad to see that ALW seems thrilled with her performances so far.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    wow. Does your 'the duff' mean carryduff by any chance? Are you from carryduff?

yup, I live in Carryduff :D

not too far from Bangor, where Niamh is from :)
  • Options
    SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    desmagee88 wrote: »
    Having backed Niamh down from 20/1 to 8/1 I am glad to see that ALW seems thrilled with her performances so far.

I think he's got the hots for her!:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sylvia wrote: »
    I think he's got the hots for her!:D

I don't blame him. I think she's beautiful.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yup, I live in Carryduff :D

not too far from Bangor, where Niamh is from :)

I'm from four winds! I go to school with niamh so backing her all the way and she's brilliant! She always has been!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm from four winds! I go to school with niamh so backing her all the way and she's brilliant! She always has been!

lucky you! don't know her but know people who do

she's awesome I really hope she wins :D

Four Winds- awesome that's like... 5 mins from me :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To all the Niamh fans:

Niamh is one of the performers I am supporting this year and I have very solid reasons to do so. Niamh is a product of the Elaine Page school that has close ties to Andrew LLoyd Webber and she has already proven that she can both sing and act AT THE SAME TIME. Very few contestants can do this and ALW has already noticed this.

I have placed on the front page of our website (click on my name to go to my homepage) other pieces of evidence showing, ALW's reactions to her performances. It is a pecularity of ALW's to open his mouth, to sigh and to get carried away during some performances and this year is no different. There are 2 clips of ALW's reaction to Niamh singing (each of the last 2 weeks) and both times he shows his emotions very clearly. Aside from what he says in judgement, these 2 clips are very powerful. No other performer this year has evoked these reactions.

When the 4 younger girls had to sing again for the Judges, ALW declared one of them "World Class". Most people mistakenly thought of Jessie as the person he meant. They are wrong. The point at which the 3 judges showed an emotional reaction to the performances was after the last girl (Niamh) had sung. This clip is also on the website.

I have backed Niamh in from 20/1 to 9/1 (still available at Skybet) and she is still a great bet to reach the final.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    To all the Niamh fans:

Niamh is one of the performers I am supporting this year and I have very solid reasons to do so. Niamh is a product of the Elaine Page school that has close ties to Andrew LLoyd Webber and she has already proven that she can both sing and act AT THE SAME TIME. Very few contestants can do this and ALW has already noticed this.

I have placed on the front page of our website (click on my name to go to my homepage) other pieces of evidence showing, ALW's reactions to her performances. It is a pecularity of ALW's to open his mouth, to sigh and to get carried away during some performances and this year is no different. There are 2 clips of ALW's reaction to Niamh singing (each of the last 2 weeks) and both times he shows his emotions very clearly. Aside from what he says in judgement, these 2 clips are very powerful. No other performer this year has evoked these reactions.

When the 4 younger girls had to sing again for the Judges, ALW declared one of them "World Class". Most people mistakenly thought of Jessie as the person he meant. They are wrong. The point at which the 3 judges showed an emotional reaction to the performances was after the last girl (Niamh) had sung. This clip is also on the website.

I have backed Niamh in from 20/1 to 9/1 (still available at Skybet) and she is still a great bet to reach the final.

wow man, well said :D

I adore this girl, I truly hope she wins it, people slag her off for being young or whatever but so what- she'd make the best Nancy there by far :D

I agree with the "World Class" comment, although my mum thought he meant the kind of bigger girl (forget her name), tho I knew it was Niamh, they all cried at her performance

GO NIAMH!!!

I hope she wins :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wow man, well said :D

I adore this girl, I truly hope she wins it, people slag her off for being young or whatever but so what- she'd make the best Nancy there by far :D

I agree with the "World Class" comment, although my mum thought he meant the kind of bigger girl (forget her name), tho I knew it was Niamh, they all cried at her performance

GO NIAMH!!!

I hope she wins :D:D

Why should people say she is too young?
    Niamh is 17yo, the exact same age as Nancy in the Dickens book.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why should people say she is too young?
    Niamh is 17yo, the exact same age as Nancy in the Dickens book.

exactly, she is the correct age.

desmagee, how sure are you that ALW's comment was to her? people generally think it was one fo the other two but im with you on this one!

she has bags of talent and we all need to get behind her
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    exactly, she is the correct age.

desmagee, how sure are you that ALW's comment was to her? people generally think it was one fo the other two but im with you on this one!

she has bags of talent and we all need to get behind her

"World Class"

Frame by frame analysing that clip, Jessie sang first followed by the girl who was eliminated. At that point the judges faces are clearly shown without any emotion. Patently it wasn't either of the first 2 girls that moved the judges.

The first glimpse of any emotion is from JB who's open mouth is very telling, this is after there is a changeover between Samantha singing and Niamh singing. Its easy to assume it was Sam singing but if you listen you will find the clip is whilst Niamh is on the floor. Still while Niamh is singing, ALW is shown gulping. After the girls leave, ALW makes the telling comment.

3 of the judges wiped a tear away as the 4 girls left the room, so it is clear that most (if not all of them) were very moved by one or more performance. Many viewers were fooled by the camera panning to Jessie outside the room after ALW uttered his accolade, but that was inconsistent with what actually happened in the room. The camera did pick up Niamh's emotional comment afterwards but Samantha was not recorded as speaking. (the whole clip is on our website).

Whilst it cannot be conclusive that John's open mouth was caused by Niamh rather than Samantha, it is certain that ALW's gulp was close to the end of Niamh's turn.

I am certain that the comment was not directed at Jessie and given the timing of visual clues, I am convinced that it was Niamh that ALW referred to as "world class". Comments during the last 2 weeks shows would indicate that all the judges are constantly full of praise for Niamh's work. ALW further picked out Niamh and complimented her after the group song last week.

I suspect that when they finish singing pop songs, more viewers will see and hear what the judges did during that significant recall.