If you were a celeb

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,689
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Being a fairly new recruit to the SCD threads I don't know if this has been done before but if you were a celeb and you had the choice who would you dance with?

For me if it would have to be one of these three but in this order:

1. Brendan
2. Anton
3. Robin

Comments

• coppertop1coppertop1 Posts: 4,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Artem Pasha James
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. Matthew Cutler
    2. Darren Bennett
    3. Pasha Kovalev
  • SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    (female celeb)
    choice of male pro
    Artem
    Brendan
    Pasha

(male celeb (my choice))
    choice of female pro (depending on height)
    Natalie
    Flavia
    Aliona **

I know people moan about Aliona but she did turn Harry into an excellent dancer by the end of the series. (and I don't particularly rate the others).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Pasha
    2. Brendan
    3. Artem
  • IzzieStarIzzieStar Posts: 21,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Pasha
    2. James
    3. Artem

If I were male,

1. Natalie
    2. Erin
    3. Flavia
  • fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aliona - She's a very good teacher and I like her personality and choreography.

Ola - She's good at making the most of the less talented and I like her music/choreography choices.

Flavia - She is easy to get along with and can do some very nice choreography.

I'd rather have a ticket in the audience every week though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    *If a celeb with rhythm:
    1. Pasha
    2. Artem
    3. Vincent
    *If trying to maintain or wants to enhance career options
    1. Pasha
    2. Artem
    *If wants international attention (US attention)
    1. Pasha
    2. Artem
    *If trying to get in the SCD record books for best dances
    1. Pasha
    2. Pasha
    3. Artem
    *If just want tabloid attention
    1. James
    2. Anton
    3. Brendan
    4. Artem
    *If didn't want to be around for the long term. Just do a few dances
    1. Anton
    2. Brendan
    *If wanted to really learn to dance and enjoy the experience
    1. Pasha
    2. Artem
    3. Vincent
    *If agent suggested as a good career choice
    1. Artem
    2. Pasha
    3. Vincent
  • emmalou78emmalou78 Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Pasha
    2. Artem
    3. Brendan (Although we would be a major height mis-match as I am only small but not a James/Anton fan and I don't know if I would have the patience for Vincent!
  • katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have no sense of rhythm whatsoever so I would be looking for someone who make the experience enjoyable and not ask too much - I'm also only 5ft 4in so am not likely to end up with James or Brendan.

I think top of the list is probably Robin - I'm not entirely convinced by his ability as teacher and chereographer - but he seems kind and fun to be with and someone who wouldn't be gutted with me being rubbish.

Pasha is unproven with the rubbish - Artem seemed to get with Fern ok but he might prove too much of a whip cracker for me. Anton looks like he might be fun but I think recently there's a bit of an edge to parodying the less talented ones he gets. Vincent would be fun (and we can talk about the kids in breaks) but he can get cross with lazy ones - I'm not the most energetic of people he might find me frustrating.

I would have ruled out Brendan a few years ago but if I worked my butt off I can see it working - he got on well with Jo Wood who couldn't dance to save her life.

The one I'd always rule out would be James - I can't see him being fun or tolerant of someone doesn't have any talent or much energy like me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I made my picks at the beginning I didn't take height into consideration after all I'm short only 5 ft 1in but if I was going to do it I would pick Brendan who is the tallest I think at 6ft. But I always think look at Ola and James they are a pro couple (in dance as well as life) and she is so much shorter than he is. I think height shouldn't matter so much as long as the female is smaller. It would look odd if it was the other way round.

Also I've just looked up Lulu's height and she is only 5ft 1!/2in and she got Brendan as her partner.
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    idetached wrote: »
    *If a celeb with rhythm:
    1. Pasha
    2. Artem
    3. Vincent
    *If trying to maintain or wants to enhance career options
    1. Pasha
    2. Artem
    *If wants international attention (US attention)
    1. Pasha
    2. Artem
    *If trying to get in the SCD record books for best dances
    1. Pasha
    2. Pasha
    3. Artem
    *If just want tabloid attention
    1. James
    2. Anton
    3. Brendan
    4. Artem
    *If didn't want to be around for the long term. Just do a few dances
    1. Anton
    2. Brendan
    *If wanted to really learn to dance and enjoy the experience
    1. Pasha
    2. Artem
    3. Vincent
    *If agent suggested as a good career choice
    1. Artem
    2. Pasha
    3. Vincent

All options covered! :D
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,098
    Forum Member
    Flavia or Kristina :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    Flavia
  • PoppysinbloomPoppysinbloom Posts: 988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In order:

1. Pasha
    2. Vincent
    3. James
  • *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carolina wrote: »
    When I made my picks at the beginning I didn't take height into consideration after all I'm short only 5 ft 1in but if I was going to do it I would pick Brendan who is the tallest I think at 6ft. But I always think look at Ola and James they are a pro couple (in dance as well as life) and she is so much shorter than he is. I think height shouldn't matter so much as long as the female is smaller. It would look odd if it was the other way round.

Also I've just looked up Lulu's height and she is only 5ft 1!/2in and she got Brendan as her partner.
    But Lulu was none too happy about being paired with Brendan - height being one of the factors, there were other factors i.e she was complete diva, pain in the rear end but imo they looked odd together and were a mismatch in height and personality.

You mentioned Ola and James but the fact is they're two pros, that have danced together for years and I wouldn't say there's a huge difference in height between them - I think there's only about 6 or 7 inches - they're also a great fit in build.

Two pros can work around a big height difference like the Cutlers and Kristina who is one of the smallest dancers has worked with tall pros before but even she couldn't really make it work with the charming Colin Salmon in ballroom because he was a novice dancer and the height difference was too huge to overcome.
  • essexboyashessexboyash Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I guess they wouldnt let me dance with Pasha :( lol

So Erin, Iveta or Natalie

Oh, or Flavia
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still would rather have a go with Brendan and forget the height than dance with Vincent even if the height looked better. Still I'm not a celeb and so it would be a pipe dream. I thought the reason Lulu didn't get on with Brendan was their personalities clashed.
  • *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carolina wrote: »
    I still would rather have a go with Brendan and forget the height than dance with Vincent even if the height looked better. Still I'm not a celeb and so it would be a pipe dream. I thought the reason Lulu didn't get on with Brendan was their personalities clashed.
    Yes that was one of the reasons which I pointed out but on the launch show her complete shock at being paired with Brendan was apparent as was his and one of the first things she pointed out was the height difference. I'm not saying a short/tall pairing doesn't always work - in fact I think Brendan has worked with Nicole Cutler on one of his tours but she is a pro and has worked with tall pros before - I'm just saying that for a pro and a novice celeb dancer that are only going to be working together for a few months max a big height difference is not the easiest of things to overcome.
  • wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think it has been asked before, as I recall giving my answer, but never mind, here it is again.

I am tall, so Nat.
  • teeswolfteeswolf Posts: 3,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aliona or Katya:)