Watchdog BBC ONE Wednesday 1st May 2013

Comments

• koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, she is absolutely wonderful. Really putting that bloke in his place.......he is very intimidated by her.... NOT.

He won't be selling dodgy sofas ever again.
  • kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did I hear that right? 15% of their sofas have a failure of some kind.

That is awful.
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, she is absolutely wonderful. Really putting that bloke in his place.......he is very intimidated by her.... NOT.

I wouldn't say he was intimidated but she wasn't letting him talk his way out of it by giving an answer nowhere near the question.

I must be in the minority but I don't mind Anne at all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He won't be selling dodgy sofas ever again.

Until tommorrow.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,512
    Forum Member
    Please let that bloke blow up :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a COMPLETE idiot...
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 33,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bloody hell, Hulk Hogans looking old :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Until tommorrow.

I just hope potential customers see this and don't buy from them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If AR had come up with some specific issues instead of just randomly asking him about cases that he may have no knowledge of it might have helped.

She is just useless at interviewing. How the hell does anyone know the specifics of any case without having some idea of the background?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    kegsie wrote: »
    Did I hear that right? 15% of their sofas have a failure of some kind.

That is awful.

You noticed that too, then?

I thought when he said ''customers' sofas that have a problem are fixed 86% of the time''. For a 'big' company, that's not a great average.
  • maltshovelmaltshovel Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    LW09 wrote: »
    I wouldn't say he was intimidated but she wasn't letting him talk his way out of it by giving an answer nowhere near the question.

I must be in the minority but I don't mind Anne at all.
    I don't mind Anne either :)

This Daz is a complete tool.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay, Flora, "Most of our customers are happy", sales are down. :)
  • AlexbloggerAlexblogger Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    anybody notice how they say soap cannot go through the jet washer.

I'm sure you can buy jet washers with a box for chemicals/soap...
  • mountymounty Posts: 19,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "What do you do? What do you do?"

yep we got one of those. That expert has no idea what he's on about
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay Daz has 1000s of happy customers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mounty wrote: »

That makes a change then...... :rolleyes:
  • AlexbloggerAlexblogger Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    mounty wrote: »

They was wrongens but even I was weondering....

I don't think they used chemicals because the weeds grew back on the garden but you can deffo put chemicals in them.

Good old BBC :yawn:
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I was surprised they did not takes a few samples and get them analysed to show no additive in the water.
  • BushmillsBushmills Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can this programme get any more pathetic????

Why do you watch it? You come on every week to tell us how much you hate it. And you diss every single story they do.

Watch Mr & Mrs instead. Better for your blood pressure.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bushmills wrote: »
    Why do you watch it? You come on every week to tell us how much you hate it. And you diss every single story they do.

Watch Mr & Mrs instead. Better for your blood pressure.

Actually.... I don't watch all of it.... I just dip in and out to see how awful it gets and then as is my right, I complain about it! If you think this dumbed down rubbish is worthy of any praise then I suggest your blood pressure may be too low or you may actually be dead.

Mr and Mrs would not be better for my blood pressure I can assure you.......
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What always amuses me, is how often highly paid "investigative reporters" get tongue-tied, whenever they go off-script.
  • DomestiquesDomestiques Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its ridiculous having company spokes people in the studio to answer back, they know its a strict slot, 2 minutes or so, they just have to string out the high percentage of our customers are very happy spiel for a minute and a half and bingo, anne is screwed as they have to quickly move onto the next piece. They should pre record that piece, chop off the high percentage of our customers are happy bollocks and take them to task a bit more.
  • danielson81danielson81 Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    I really find it hard to believe that woman who went to Australia with her T-Mobile phone was unaware of data roaming charges abroad. Did she expect it would be free?

Surely she would of turned data off when she got to Australia, its not as if this is a new technology any more!

Imagine if I spent hours ringing adult lines, because I wasn't told by T-mobile at the time, they cost £££s a minute? :)

However, to her credit she won.
  • BushmillsBushmills Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually.... I don't watch all of it.... I just dip in and out to see how awful it gets and then as is my right, I complain about it! If you think this dumbed down rubbish is worthy of any praise then I suggest your blood pressure may be too low or you may actually be dead.

Mr and Mrs would not be better for my blood pressure I can assure you.......

See, I can't stand Big Brother, so I avoid it and watch something else.

If I carried on "dipping in and out to see how awful it gets" it would be a bit odd. It would be even odder if I then went onto a Big Brother forum (during every single episode) to say how much I disliked it.

To each his own, I suppose.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    I really find it hard to believe that woman who went to Australia with her T-Mobile phone was unaware of data roaming charges abroad. Did she expect it would be free?

Surely she would of turned data off when she got to Australia, its not as if this is a new technology any more!

Imagine if I spent hours ringing adult lines, because I wasn't told by T-mobile at the time, they cost £££s a minute? :)

However, to her credit she won.

To be fair, I think blissful ignorance plays a big part in cases like this, I myself don't have the first clue how to switch off roaming:o
    Before you know, you've been charged a Brazilian pounds for something you never used/thought you were using.