Two massive Spoilers about TNOTD

TomityTomity Posts: 21
Forum Member
From TumblR
- 'Silence will fall'
This has been a double bluff the entire time. Silence will fall has nothing to do with the silents. But is in fact the instant in which the Doctors name is spoken.

Doctor Simeon/ the G.I. asks 'What is your name?'
The doctor has the power to defy the fields of Trenzalore 'Where no living Creature can speak falsely' but alas River (being the only other person present who knows his name) cannot resist. The only people who can hear the spoken name are the ones that know it already. Everything else falls into silence.

This moment of silence when the name is spoken is shown in slow motion. Thus we never truly learn the Doctors name.

- 'Who is Clara Oswald'
This is answered almost from the very beginning We see flashbacks from the last 50 years with Clara inserted into old footage of the old Doctors. We see the Doctor when he first leaves Gallifrey.
As it turns out Clara appears thousands of times throughout the Doctors timeline. In an effort to defeat the Great intelligence who has invaded the Doctors tomb and entered his timeline. Turning his victories throughout the years to defeats.

Sounds about right to me

Comments

• mccolloughmccollough Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    Sounds epic
  • TomityTomity Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    and it all fits in
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    Want to read so badly, but don't want to read...
  • ryanellisryanellis Posts: 183
    Forum Member
    Wow! Can't believe we get to see the Planet of the Hats!!

EDIT: Shit how do you do spoiler tags?
  • FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    I read the first sentence then quit. This forum is for small spoilers, not huge giveaways.
  • BlackTarantulaBlackTarantula Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    Tomity wrote: »
    From TumblR
    - 'Silence will fall'
    This has been a double bluff the entire time. Silence will fall has nothing to do with the silents. But is in fact the instant in which the Doctors name is spoken.

This was revealed by Dorium in "The Wedding of River Song"...

The rest of your post sounds just like that theory that was posted here weeks ago (it had a thread of its own). I think it will be an anti-climactic resolution if true, but whatever.
  • marks thespotmarks thespot Posts: 2,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Question
    So who has put Clara there...?
  • NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    Oswin wrote: »
    Want to read so badly, but don't want to read...

Yeah don't do it, I want to post my hair brained theories and speculation, posts like these make my theories ridiculously bad, although I am just speculating, I can't bring myself to read it, hehe!

I wish these doctor who forums were more fun! Meh!
  • Shandyman81Shandyman81 Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    Firegazer wrote: »
    I read the first sentence then quit. This forum is for small spoilers, not huge giveaways.

Really? Since when?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What?

Seriously?

You can't be...

The title of the thread? Massive spoilers?
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's called the Doctor Who subforum, not the "Small Spoilers of Doctor Who" subforum.

And the title even says "massive".
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Question
    So who has put Clara there...?

It seems she puts herself there.
  • claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seems she puts herself there.

Yup. As to what brought the Doctor and Clara back together again so she could be there to do this - I'm still thinking it's River.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    claire2281 wrote: »
    Yup. As to what brought the Doctor and Clara back together again so she could be there to do this - I'm still thinking it's River.

River being "the woman in the shop" I assume.
  • TomityTomity Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    any more contributions
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahhhh... please stop bumping this thread back up, I get excited thinking new spoilers have been released!! :(:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 476
    Forum Member
    Who says this, where does the conversation take place and what is he or she referring to?
    (PARAPHRASING) "Why not take the other one?. It's a bit dodgy but you'll have a lot more fun!".
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ncr1969 wrote: »
    Who says this, where does the conversation take place and what is she referring to?
    (PARAPHRASING) "Why not take the other one?. It's a bit dodgy but you'll have a lot more fun!".

It's presumably
    Clara telling the first doctor & Susan which TARDIS to nick on Gallifrey
    Forum Member
    JCR wrote: »
    It's presumably

Isn't it kinder to everyone to not have a spoiler answer and leave people pondering?.

Not a criticism, I'm genuinely unsure what's best here. I was asking rhetorically - it really didn't occur to me reply would be posted. A bit naïve of me I know!.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I should say I don't know for sure, it's a guess, all be it an educated one.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds really good if it goes a little something like that.
    Forum Member
    Well, I should say I don't know for sure, it's a guess, all be it an educated one.

Of course... :D
  • DogmatixDogmatix Posts: 2,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's presumably

I wonder what
    form the Tardis the Doctor "borrows" will have? Ideally, if it's in a Tardis-park with other ones (trying to avoid the plural of Tardis here), it should look like the others, except perhaps with a sign saying "Out of Order" on it. It should definitely not look like a mid-twentieth-century British police box.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's not a spoiler
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    I love reading spoilers and actually think this would be cool if true but we'll only have to wait a couple more days now to find out!