Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone got one?

Thoughts?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love the 920, obviously better than the 820 ans the 920 is the best Windows Phone IMO :)
  • JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    820 is great - upgraded to it from an iPhone and am well impressed with it.
  • Stuart_hStuart_h Posts: 5,311
    Forum Member
    Got a good review on the gadget show (for what that's worth). The main criticism was its weight ..... and if that's the worst thing they can say ......:)
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am getting 920 this week :)
  • Bio MaxBio Max Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1765491

Some thoughts on that thread...

I'd love to get the 920 when my contract runs out in August - but only if they are no longer exclusive to EE by then....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    My bright yellow 920 is being delivered tomorrow, I cannot wait :)

Thought I'd choose differently than the normal black I go for!

It's not just on EE, mines through Orange with 4G ready, but not through them directly if you know what I mean?.

Bye bye O2, you faired me well :)
  • Bio MaxBio Max Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone tell me... my partners iPhone has 'visual voicemail' (I think it's called that) where you can see the name of the person who has left the voicemail - or the number if they aren't on your contacts.

I am considering a windows phone on orange - will this feature this sort of voicemail or is it only iphone who have this at the mo?

Thanks!
  • The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    Charm08 wrote: »
    It's not just on EE, mines through Orange with 4G ready, but not through them directly if you know what I mean?.

This makes no sense.. You are with Orange, Orange doesn't have 4G.
  • TheBigMTheBigM Posts: 13,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bio Max wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me... my partners iPhone has 'visual voicemail' (I think it's called that) where you can see the name of the person who has left the voicemail - or the number if they aren't on your contacts.

I am considering a windows phone on orange - will this feature this sort of voicemail or is it only iphone who have this at the mo?

Thanks!

Windows Phone can support visual voicemail but your network has to support it for your phone so you need to ask Orange.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My 920 arrived today, I spent the evening setting it all up, emails, apps, ringtones. All done. I like the phone, it does not feel that heavy, surely not compared to Lumia 800 I have been using so far. I turned off GPS and NFC, I will see how long it lasts on one charge.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JimothyD wrote: »
    820 is great - upgraded to it from an iPhone and am well impressed with it.

I'm waiting for my 820 to arrive. I also currently have iPhone (3GS).
    I'm just curious how you transferred your contacts over easily? Is there a simple method I can't see or is there some special program to pull phone contacts from the iphone?
  • twogunthomtwogunthom Posts: 2,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone had any overheating issuse with the phone I noticed a few online users having problems
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AcidVenus wrote: »
    I'm waiting for my 820 to arrive. I also currently have iPhone (3GS).
    I'm just curious how you transferred your contacts over easily? Is there a simple method I can't see or is there some special program to pull phone contacts from the iphone?

There's an app for that :D You install it from Marketplace, Nokia collection. I did not try it, I have my contacts synced with an email account so it was trivial for me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twogunthom wrote: »
    Has anyone had any overheating issuse with the phone I noticed a few online users having problems

Nothing so far, but I turned off NFC and GPS and have no background processing except one email account with push notifications.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IvanIV wrote: »
    There's an app for that :D You install it from Marketplace, Nokia collection. I did not try it, I have my contacts synced with an email account so it was trivial for me.

Well I want them from my phone to somewhere on the laptop or somewhere online since I won't have both phones active together because im not changing my number.

I'll collect my phone then have my sim trimmed down.
  • TheBigMTheBigM Posts: 13,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AcidVenus wrote: »
    Well I want them from my phone to somewhere on the laptop or somewhere online since I won't have both phones active together because im not changing my number.

I'll collect my phone then have my sim trimmed down.

You can use the nokia contacts transfer app to pull the contacts from your iphone via bluetooth then the phone will sync your contacts with your microsoft account.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just create a google account and sync the details from your iPhone.

Add the account to the new phone and again sync.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    Regarding my Nokia 920 and in reply to 'The Lord Lucan'.

EE are a parent company to both Orange and T-Mobile. I only found this out today.

The phone is classed as 4G ready for Orange, so I'm expecting my phone (newly arrived yesterday :)) to be 4G enabled once the phone is rolled out to all other networks.

My phone does say EE as the provider although I'm with Orange for £6 less a month to what EE are offering :) Unfortunately I couldn't get the classy white phone that only EE offer, I wasn't prepared to pay the extra cost!

P.S. I'm a petite women and don't find this phone heavy in the slightest. Maybe I'm just used to holding my 7" Galaxy Tablet.
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,505
    Forum Member
    BT@home wrote: »
    Just create a google account and sync the details from your iPhone.
    Bad advice for those of us who value the privacy of our personal data.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, of course !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, well. Android is Google, nobody cares.
  • W99W99 Posts: 204
    Forum Member
    I notice that Expansys UK have a few Lumia 920's in stock (in black or white only).

Described as SIM-free, but are they completely unlocked?

http://www.expansys.com/s.aspx?search=lumia%20920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On my 820 I didn't like that all my hotmail contacts are mixed with my phone contacts that I transferred over.
    I saw the setting to filter out hotmail and something else (facebook maybe) and everything seemed fine, but now I can't get to my phone contacts without using the search feature and typing their name.

I went back to the settings incase they had been reset but there's no tick boxes on hotmail, so I don't know why they are showing up and my phone contacts aren't.

I bet it's something simple and I'm just not used to the phone yet but it's irritating at the moment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You could create a group of phone contacts and work with the group. Or make all your contacts to belong somewhere and show only those belonging to a certain account. I use google for this. You can link contacts from different accounts if they are the same person.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its a nice phone, the only gripe i have is the apps, hopefully though they will improve as more people buy a windows phone.

The phone itself is brilliant though if not a bit heavy.