Using Sky+ Box for freesat - how to remove sky channels

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
Forum Member
Hello

I am using a Sky+ Box for freesat (freebie from sister).

But in the episode guide, it shows all the sky channels, but they dont work and it asks me to get a sky card.

how can I just remove all of these channels from the episode guide so that I only see the channels I can actually use ?

Also, is five on freesat ? as I cant seem to find it.

Thanks

Ben

Comments

• ProDaveProDave Posts: 11,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can't remove any channels from the sky EPG.

But what you can do, is mark the best 50 free channels in "favourites" then press TV Guide followed by the blue button (yellow button if it's an HD box) and you get just a listing of your favourite channels.

five is free, but only appears on the EPG if you have a sky card in. Likewise channel 4+1.

If you buy a freesat from sky card for £20, five will be added to the EPG as well as your versions of BBC and ITV being set for your location. You will also then get fiver, fiveUSA, sky3, Viva and LFC tv which are not available without a card (and are not available on a freesat box either)

You can view five and channel4+1 without a card, but you need to manually tune them in using "add channels" and view them with "other channels"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    thanks

where would I find the frequency for the five and 4+1 channels ?

thanks

Ben
  • ProDaveProDave Posts: 11,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Channel 4 +1 is on 10729 V 22000 5/6
    five is on 10773 H 22000 5/6
  • M60M60 Posts: 5,578
    Forum Member
    ProDave wrote: »
    Channel 4 +1 is on 10729 V 22000 5/6
    five is on 10773 H 22000 5/6

The Channel 4+1's are all FTA, shouldn't they be visible on a Sky Rx without a viewing card or are there two versions, one on a widebeam and one on the 2D TP?

Do Sky+ boxes still allow recording functionality of FTA channels without a subscription? I was under the assumption that $ky forced you to subscribe to open full box functionality or charged you a tenner per Month?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    C4 +1 disappears off the epg if a card isnt inserted even though its fta!

Tenner a month if you want Sky+ functionality with no subscription...
  • M60M60 Posts: 5,578
    Forum Member
    C4 +1 disappears off the epg if a card isnt inserted even though its fta!

Tenner a month if you want Sky+ functionality with no subscription...

Must be due to the six channel4 regions for advertising, also applies to the +1's.

Yep, thought it was still a tenner a Month. I'd recommend a Freesat PVR if he just wants basic FTA channels.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    Hi, sorry can I just quickly hijack this post :D

Can someone please confirm what (FTA) channels I will get with a Pace Sky box with no card? (with the dish pointing in the correct position, of course).

Thank you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    There are about 350 channels (including radio, adult and regional variations) or around half the Sky EPG available free-to-air at 28E. A full list is available at Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_free-to-air_channels_at_28E
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 310
    Forum Member
    ProDave wrote: »
    If you buy a freesat from sky card for £20, five will be added to the EPG as well as your versions of BBC and ITV being set for your location. You will also then get fiver, fiveUSA, sky3, Viva and LFC tv which are not available without a card (and are not available on a freesat box either)

would it be possible to take an existing card from my Sky HD box and put it in the other box to recieve these channels?