Big Brother Canada 2 - 2014 - news, rumour & gossip

Comments

• SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the first season, looking forward for this to return in 2014. :)
  • Shine_OnShine_On Posts: 1,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they do less twists this time around. They had a twist every week in the first season it got silly.
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully they will have made the jury voting rules a bit clearer after the Topaz debacle :D
  • ReservedReserved Posts: 12,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to this series, but I hope they don't do so many twists, and if they do, they let us know far in advance so certain twists can't be set up for certain houseguests.
  • firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Too many twists and in my opinion some very unlikable people made this a difficult season to endure. Without Gary's return I'd probably have given up watching.

Hope season 2 picks it up.
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    omg i'm sooooooo excited !!
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    when does it come back ?
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    richie4eva wrote: »
    Hopefully they will have made the jury voting rules a bit clearer after the Topaz debacle :D

To be fair, I don't think there's a lot more they can do other than say very slowly "pick... your... winner" :p

Not their fault that Topaz is an idiot! :p

Looking forward to this a lot! BB Canada really got me back into the format after I completely lost my way with BB14. (Before it seemingly got good admittedly!)
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,105
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed the first season - lots of interesting characters and memorable moments. It kind of reminded me of BBUK just as much as BBUS.
    They'll have a job topping it.

But I agree about there being too many twists. There was a certain desperation to it, like they couldn't afford to let it develop naturally incase it sucked.
    It's easy to say in hindsight but I think they could have afforded to just leave it alone and let it be on numerous occasions.
  • freddieaxlfreddieaxl Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked the first series. Loved Jillian and her win was soooo great because the jury were so bitter and kept mocking her knowing Gary would win and then Topaz's mistake! But there were some bad houseguests - Peter was SOOO annoying. I liked Alec but they Sheyld was dumb.

Had Talla, Gary and Jillian not been in the final 4 I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much, they were my favourites along with Topaz (but everyone saying Gary's Glitter was a bit uncomfortable) but the twists were WAY too much.

I liked Suzette but her getting given a veto and losing Aneal who was fairly smart and interesting when she was bad at the game was annoying. Not giving Topaz's Head of Household a veto competition was weird too.

In conclusion I hope there's way less twists in Series 2.
  • RenThrayskRenThraysk Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    when does it come back ?

February sometime I believe.
  • firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Topaz HOH was ridiculous, on the US version HOH room conversations and the like are NEVER broadcast to the house, how was she supposed to know they were watching, I'm sure HGs are also informed its good to discuss plans aloud for TV purposes so she continued to do so unaware anyone would listen.

Also no POV, another joke.

Jillian is about as likable as Maggie, sorry but she doesn't have any qualities I like in a BB player.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,766
    Forum Member
    Hopefully they respect the game and don't give HoH away for answering a phone this time :o
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got a feeling there will be 2 houses this time.
  • Shine_OnShine_On Posts: 1,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got a feeling there will be 2 houses this time.

Apparently the house is going to be new for the 2nd season. They've moved to a different location. So maybe?

Hope the new house has a proper outside area this time.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,766
    Forum Member
    New Promo; new season begins in March.

http://instagram.com/p/h14sEuBvJu/#
  • Gwaed WaedlydGwaed Waedlyd Posts: 5,401
    Forum Member
    InMyArms wrote: »
    New Promo; new season begins in March.

http://instagram.com/p/h14sEuBvJu/#

:) Gary lol he was so dramatic and entertaining
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really excited for this series, more so than our own version. Cant wait to see the house and the twist
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :) Gary lol he was so dramatic and entertaining

He was a Marmite character and so ridiculously OTT on occasions

He must have been fuming with Topaz after she bungled her jury vote and stopped him winning :D
  • Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    richie4eva wrote: »
    He was a Marmite character and so ridiculously OTT on occasions

He must have been fuming with Topaz after she bungled her jury vote and stopped him winning :D
    I bet the producers were too :D
  • nanna7nanna7 Posts: 1,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jillian was well the worthy winner gary shouldnt have even been there he was voted out and should have stayed out
  • ReservedReserved Posts: 12,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nanna7 wrote: »
    jillian was well the worthy winner gary shouldnt have even been there he was voted out and should have stayed out

I disagree that she was a worthy winner.

I liked Jillian in the beginning, but in the end, I couldn't stand her. I really hate the type of game she played ie. being a coward. Hiding behind others and blaming them for you going back on your word, not doing what you want to do, wanting others to make decisions for you etc. isn't the sort of game I admire, appreciate or respect. Ultimately, it worked. It won her the game, just like it won Andy the game in Big Brother 15, but it's a cheap way to win, in my opinion.

However, over Gary, I agree - she deserved it more than he did. He was evicted. His game was over. Why should he get two lives whilst the rest have to get by on one? I don't agree with people returning to the game once they've been evicted at all. Topaz making that mistake was wonderful - justice was served.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nanna7 wrote: »

Some people keep saying this, but it doesn't make sense to me. If you believe Gary didn't deserve to win in the spirit of the game because he'd been evicted, you should feel the same for Jillian because one of her votes was cast mistakenly.

As it happens, Gary's re-entrance was all part of the season's format and entirely fair, and Topaz made a mistake that the producers had no part in, and them making her vote stick was entirely fair.
    Reserved wrote: »
    However, over Gary, I agree - she deserved it more than he did. He was evicted. His game was over. Why should he get two lives whilst the rest have to get by on one? I don't agree with people returning to the game once they've been evicted at all. Topaz making that mistake was wonderful - justice was served.

He wasn't handed any extra life that the other jury members were denied. They all had a shot at returning, Gary happened to win the most votes.

As for "justice being served", that makes no sense to be because no cheating occured. Justice for what? Something that was out of Gary's hands? It's not like he stormed the house and demanded to be allowed to return.

I DO think it was a little karmic that she made the mistake while saying "My vote is 100 PERCENT" (and I say this as a big Topaz fan), but there was no justice to be served imo.

Emmett bleating on about how Gary returning meant he didn't deserve to win was especially ridiculous. If he felt that way and had any credibility, he would have evicted Gary over Talla. Oh, so Gary deserves to be there while he can help Emmett, but as soon as it backfires, him returning was unfair? Prat. :)
  • EESuperFanEESuperFan Posts: 2,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to this, glad we get this in March, makes the wait for BBUSA more bearable.