Forum Member
is there any way i can check my driving endorsements on-line
i've searched thru the sites i can think of but to no joy

really gratefull for any help

:o

Comments

• lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    I don't think so (for obvious reasons - the DVLA don't setup any security details when you apply for a licence, so any Tom, Dick or indeed Harry could view your endorsment details if they got hold of your licence number, which can be recorded by various companies eg. insurance, car rental etc.)

If you have lost your licence (which will detail all endorsments and their expiry dates), then you need to apply for a new one with the DVLA, which involves the whole signing of picture by an upstanding member of the community thing.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    ii was hoping know one would say that!!! not actually sure how many points you see! :confused:
  • hardeephardeep Posts: 2,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't your insurance schedule/documents have a list of endorsements? Mine did - assuming you told them ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    hardeep wrote:
    Doesn't your insurance schedule/documents have a list of endorsements? Mine did - assuming you told them ;)

erm.......... :rolleyes:
  • lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    rainproof wrote:
    erm.......... :rolleyes:

If by that you are inferring that you failed to tell an insurance company about all your endorsements, then you might as well save yourself some money and not buy any insurance at all, because you have effectively nullified your policy. If you have an accident or make a claim, the insurance company does a default check with the DVLA for endorsements. If there are any which you haven't told them about you will a) get no money out of them and b) get a court summons for driving without valid insurance, for which, guess what, you will have endorsements added to your licence!
  • lalalandlalaland Posts: 11,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is a premium telelphone line that the DVLA operates where you can check a driving license for a driver with their consent.

You have to be an opertator for some sort of vehicle leasing or taxis or something I think, but my friend that does fleet hire for a company near me is able to do this for his drivers and can tell who has points etc. on their license and well as other information such as what categories they hold and medical conditions registered with their license.

Not sure if the DVLA check who you are when you call, but I suspect they will. You could try this though, if you don't mind paying the premium rate and do it without breaking any laws.