Rules of Engagement

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,159
Forum Member
✭✭
I only just discovered this show and I love it! It's hilarious the only bad point is Russell. Can't stand him. Any others fans on here?

Comments

• bigaltbigalt Posts: 1,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Used to watch this when it first started. Then they started to give Spade more screen time so gave up with it. Can't stand the man.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    Iv only just starting watching it too and I really like it. I also dont like russel, I've seen the actor in other programnes to and he practically plays the same character in all of them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    I like it, but Russell doesn't particularly annoy me, I just don't like him.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is one of my fave sitcoms. I think Bianca Kajlich and Megyn Price are two sexy ladies.

I'm not keen on Russel either but love the interaction between him and Timmy. The soup episode last night was so funny.

Adam is my fave character.
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with the Russell comments. He's a poor mans Barney Stinson in my opinion.

Love Jeff and Timmy though. My two favourite characters by a large margin.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 476
    Forum Member
    iv just started watching it too on e4 so i watch episodes as they come on so not in order i think but i dont mind. the interaction between jeff and adam are the best. and i hate hate hate russell lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its one of those US comedys that dont really change season on season but something about it makes you watch it.
  • mgnsmgns Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    Rules of Engagement is great but it has changed a lot over the seasons - I don't think I would have stuck with it if I'd watched it from the start.

I'm surprised about all the dislike for Russell, he's my favourite character. Bringing in Timmy has helped a lot and made them just as much of a couple as the other two. I'm glad they didn't carry on with Liz and Russell, the stuff she says regularly crosses the line between disgustingly funny to just plain grim.

Couldn't stop laughing at Adam's 'Missed Connections' ad for the bucket drummers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is one of my fave sitcoms. I think Bianca Kajlich and Megyn Price are two sexy ladies.

I'm not keen on Russel either but love the interaction between him and Timmy. The soup episode last night was so funny.

Adam is my fave character.

I have the biggest crush on Megyn Price :D

Jeff and Adam are hilarious, everytime I hear Jeff speak though all I can see is Joe from Family Guy!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Willz wrote: »
    I only just discovered this show and I love it! It's hilarious the only bad point is Russell. Can't stand him. Any others fans on here?

I love this show (as outlined under "services" :D)

I don't hate Russell, but I prefer Timmy. I'm always rooting for Timmy. Jeff and Russell making fun of Adam is always good though.
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    mgns wrote: »
    Rules of Engagement is great but it has changed a lot over the seasons - I don't think I would have stuck with it if I'd watched it from the start.

I'm surprised about all the dislike for Russell, he's my favourite character. Bringing in Timmy has helped a lot and made them just as much of a couple as the other two. I'm glad they didn't carry on with Liz and Russell, the stuff she says regularly crosses the line between disgustingly funny to just plain grim.

Couldn't stop laughing at Adam's 'Missed Connections' ad for the bucket drummers.

Was in hysterics during that, plus his reaction to the police.

I'd agree, Russell works a lot better now they've brought in Timmy to play off, but I'm afraid I have a very strange, weird and inexplicable crush on David Spade, I am not proud :o
  • caren197caren197 Posts: 1,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's one of those shows if it's on I'll watch it but I'd never go out of my way to watch it.

I like the differing couples in it, but again the Russell character kinda grates a little. Timmy was definitely a welcome addition to making Russell more bearable!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the show. It has to be the longest engagement ever.

Echoing what others have said, Russell works well with Timmy and when everyone is ripping the piss out of him. I'm genuinely shocked Audrey hasn't left Jeff, he treats he absolutely terribly.

I'd like them to focus a bit more on Jen - she's always shunned to the side.
  • OminousGloryOminousGlory Posts: 5,019
    Forum Member
    Jeff is probably one of my favorite sitcom characters. I can agree with the hate on Russell, but for the first few seasons his character is probably what saved the series from getting cancelled.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Jeff's blunt, straight-to-the point attitude.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What point is it at E4? I only started watching it a couple of days ago and don't know if it's series one or the most recent one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What point is it at E4? I only started watching it a couple of days ago and don't know if it's series one or the most recent one.

Yeah, it's kind of jumbled up.

Thursday's episodes are new. All other episodes are old, but in order.
  • thetvkingthetvking Posts: 333
    Forum Member

Brand new episodes are on Thursday nights, last week we had episodes 10 and 11 of series 6.

Series 6 has 15 episodes in total, which brings us up to date with the US. However E4 hasn't scheduled the final 2 episodes of series 6 yet as new episodes of Facejacker and Midnight Beast have taken its place.
  • ddjddj Posts: 542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really enjoy Rules of Engagement, find it very funny and like all the characters. I didn't like Russell at first but now I like him as much as the others. I'm really pleased it's been recommissioned, I just hope E4 continue to show it. Best sitcom on at the moment.
  • mia75mia75 Posts: 9,352
    Forum Member
    Is it wrong to fancy Jeff? :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    mia75 wrote: »

No....well i hope not coz I do a little but too :-\
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    mia75 wrote: »

Considering my crush on Russell/David Spade I'd have to say no :o:o:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Started watching earlier series online. I have to admit I like Russell alot more after it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Started watching earlier series online. I have to admit I like Russell alot more after it.

Have you noticed any gags cut from the episodes airing on E4?
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've only recently noticed it. Have they only just started showing it or is it only just being noticed because they stopped showing repeats of Friends? lol

It's good, not something I'd seek out to watch but it makes me laugh. Much better than what I've seen of How I Met Your Mother which seems to be getting shown more too. Everyone comes across very whiny in that show.