Flamingo Road ? ...anyone?

KeyboardSamuraiKeyboardSamurai Posts: 169
Forum Member
I know it's been asked & commented on all over Amazon, and afaik, it's not actually been released on DVD, but does anyone know if this show is available on VHS or any other digital form?

For those young folks on here who prob' haven't heard of it, it was a very entertaining show that aired back in the 1980's starring Mark Harmon and Morgan Fairchild, there were only two seasons though.

Comments

• donna255donna255 Posts: 10,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched it!!!:D
  • CPW4EVERCPW4EVER Posts: 2,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This show is ripe for a rerun on CBS Drama. They've resurrected the bulk of all of the glossy 80's and 90's American primetime soaps so Flamingo Road should be next.

All of the episodes were available on Youtube for a number of years but have since been removed :( Did you know that had the show been given a third season, they were going to do a zombie storyline!!! :D Morgan Fairchild fans should check out Paper Dolls, another of her shortlived 80's soaps that all 14 episodes of are available online.
  • julie2009julie2009 Posts: 4,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I remember it too. Mark Harmon was just gorgeous.
    You can catch him as Gibbs on NCIS.

I remember Morgan Fairchild as well as old Tidas I think he was her uncle. Can't remember the story line now so would be agreeable for this show to be shown again
  • KeyboardSamuraiKeyboardSamurai Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    Is it available on vhs or in any digital form anywhere?, if anyone knows, it would be great to hear from you.

Titus was the older guy/sheriff, David Selby was 'Michael Tyrone', and there was the Dad of Constance (fairchild) called 'Claude'.

I remember in the later episodes of season 2 that Micheal Tyrone was getting into all sorts of Voodoo, I loved this show
  • chrishartxxchrishartxx Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    I was more fascinated by Morgan Fairchild's ultra perfect nose than by the show. Morgan's fans can also see her as Chandler's mum in Friends.
  • SnikpohSnikpoh Posts: 2,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark Harmon - gorgeous then and gorgeous now :)
  • mulderfanmulderfan Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    donna255 wrote: »
    I watched it!!!:D

So did I.
  • julie2009julie2009 Posts: 4,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Snikpoh wrote: »
    Mark Harmon - gorgeous then and gorgeous now :)

I have to agree with you on that one. He just gets more attractive with age but hands off I saw him first.
    Wasn't he called Clayton Carlisle in the show and wasn't he married to Constance who was in love with someone else called Sam who in turn was in love with a girl called Laine Balou
  • CPW4EVERCPW4EVER Posts: 2,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    julie2009 wrote: »
    I have to agree with you on that one. He just gets more attractive with age but hands off I saw him first.
    Wasn't he called Clayton Carlisle in the show and wasn't he married to Constance who was in love with someone else called Sam who in turn was in love with a girl called Laine Balou

Mark Harmon played Fielding Carlyle. He was married to Constance who in turn slept with every male in the cast that she wasn't related to :D Lots of the characters names on the show were quite exotic and unusual sounding - Titus, Lane Ballou, Lute Mae, Eudora, Elmo, Skipper and Jasper
  • SnikpohSnikpoh Posts: 2,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    julie2009 wrote: »

Fielding Carlyle :)