Backing Tracks during the Auditions?

BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Some of the auditions had backing tracks, do you like this element? I preferred it with no tracks during the rooms but that's just me, not that it's a channel changer though

Comments

• EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind backing tracks in the audition rooms, as the person still has to sing live.

There was some very dodgy stuff going on in recent years though. Danyl Johnson auditioned and had what sounded like a 50 piece choir on his backing track (who were even drowning him out).....this was at a first round audition where he was supposed to show whether he could sing or not.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i didn`t mind them when used tbh, i could still hear the contestant clearly, without any audience screaming on top of it
  • jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought this last night. I thought they were going back to what it was in s1-5???., I much rather when they just came into the room and just sang acapella
  • steve2013steve2013 Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The point of the room auditions is suppose to be acapella IMO
  • GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't mind the backing tracks, they didn't all have them iirc. They're moving back to the original format but not completely stepping backwards. Besides, an audience screaming on top of a voice was never pleasant but a quiet, shaky, nervous voice alone in a room ain't the best either.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't one of the reasons to taking it back to the room to make it so that they were able to better judge the singer without the backing tracks and audience screaming?
  • gcmacgcmac Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't mind it at all.