New Spice Girls era without Victoria?

Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Melanie C was quoted saying this in a new interview
Will the Spice Girls get back together again?

Victoria (Beckham) doesn’t want to perform again but the rest of us talk about the possibility of doing something – if the right thing came along.

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/life/460868/Spice-Girls-Mel-C-on-singing-being-a-mum-and-working-in-a-chip-shop

What do you think? would you go see them on tour without the Posh one or is that soooo 2000 and it has to be all five or nothing at all now?

Comments

• homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    they did there come back gigs and made alot of money, they should leave it be now and go down in history as the greatest girl group of all time.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they do come back I can only see them trying to be "modern" and it'll ruin their image/style because they will be trying to look young.
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A few 'Anti-tour' type shows would be nice, performing fan favourites etc. That would be it though...
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah they had their comeback
  • Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BRITLAND wrote: »
    Nah they had their comeback

Did they though? they had a celebration of the past in 2007/08 & again in 2012 but they never really had a comeback.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    victoria was always my least favourite and the one that contributed the least vocally, so i'd be very happy with this arrangement.

i fear that her status and celebrity greatly added to the excitement of their comebacks, so perhaps the enthusiasm around another comeback would be a little dulled without her star power.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're dead in the water. Music has moved on.

The "mania" common with a lot of such groups, has gone, so they'd be relying on talent, which was very much absent in the first place.
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luner13 wrote: »
    Did they though? they had a celebration of the past in 2007/08 & again in 2012 but they never really had a comeback.

Which to many really was a comeback and even then they were too dated to make new music
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I don't think this would work. They were a product of their time. Yes they changed pop culture a lot but they should leave it at that. They were dated in 2007.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think this would work. They were a product of their time. Yes they changed pop culture a lot but they should leave it at that. They were dated in 2007.

They only changed the culture for those who bought their records.
  • farscapefarscape Posts: 2,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are all variations on Posh now so it shouldn't matter.

On the other hand given their main selling point is their individual personas it could be a problem.
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    they would never reach the phenomenon heights...but they could comeback as a 4 piece with a new momentum and drive - something more artistic. An anti-tour would be a great move.
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    I don't think they should come back. But I liked the Melanie C and Emma "I know him so well" duet when they sang it live :)
  • PencilPencil Posts: 5,700
    Forum Member
    They should re-group and add New Posh - a bloke in drag.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It won't happen Melanie C is doing well own label new album coming late 2014 or early 2015 Emma does radio Melanie C has just done a great gig sold out gig in London she has other projects I think the spice empire has been done they've all gone off to done there own thing I think now it's really over
  • Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lee_w wrote: »
    It won't happen Melanie C is doing well own label new album coming late 2014 or early 2015 Emma does radio Melanie C has just done a great gig sold out gig in London she has other projects I think the spice empire has been done they've all gone off to done there own thing I think now it's really over

Melanie C is the one saying it could happen though if she felt it wasn't she'd have kept her mouth shut.

If the four of them all want this to happen it will happen.
  • chrisqcchrisqc Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could see them playing Vegas with no new material

Greatest hits /nostalgia thing it would work well there for sure
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the time has passed for them, to be honest. When I saw them at the 2012 closing ceremony, it seemed like a good way to finish their last chapter as The Spice Girls. Personally, I would like to see more individual materials from Mel C, Emma and even Mel B. Geri should just stop entirely and I could care less about Victoria (the only good song from her was Let Your Head Go).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    if they can reinvent themselves then it would work out for them, but that's easier said than done!
  • RikScotRikScot Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Geri would not take part, she's on the verge of taking the world by storm...again ;-)