The GREATEST SOAP CATFIGHTS of ALL TIME!

GenoaCityBoyGenoaCityBoy Posts: 97
Forum Member
Here's my list:

1. Sheila Carter & Lauren Fenmore's lab catfight (The Young and the Restless, 1991)

ABSOLUTELY Brilliant! The amazingly done catfight to which all others pale in comparison! Slamming into test tubes, crashing into desks, pulling and punching, screaming... boy that Sheila was a psycho! Here's a video clip of the fight, and a transcript of how Sheila made Lauren SNAP!!! :D

VIDEO CLIP:
http://www.tanyaboyd.com/soapclips/yr/LaurenSheilaLabCatfight.WMV

LAUREN: I should scratch your eyes out!
SHEILA: Well make no mistake, the feeling is mutual.
LAUREN: Just EXPLAIN to me how you could be so cruel? And you have Scott trapped, he doesn't even begin to know who you really are!
SHEILA: Your concern is so touching.
LAUREN: You know what drove me here? Is I have known some contemptable people in my life... but NO ONE compares to you! And the fact that you would throw in my face about my baby dying!
SHEILA: Why would you say that I threw that in your face?
LAUREN: MY GOD, SHEILA, YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU DID! You call yourself a mother? There isn't a mother on this earth that would forget the tragedy of my child that died! Or the pain and the anguish that I went through. You did it on purpose! You didn't forget about my child! You did it as a cold, calculating move!
SHEILA: I know you don't want to believe this. And I don't want to dissapoint you but... I did forget! Your dead baby isn't always uppermost in my mind.
LAUREN (in horror): How could you be such a vile, HATEFUL person?! HOW COULD YOU BE SO VICIOUS? HOW? HOW?

Lauren lunges at Sheila who smashes into the lab cabinet. Sheila throws Lauren off who flies into the rack of test tubes, the solutions smash open!
Sheila slips as Lauren pushes her onto the cabinet, they briefly claw and tear at each other, until Lauren gets the upperhand and throws Sheila down onto the other cabinet, pulling her hair. A screaming Sheila throws herself backwards so Lauren goes flying into the other cabinet!! Again they are locked in combat, until Sheila gets Lauren thrown down and pinned to the table. Sheila holds Lauren down and punches her, in full psychotic mode.

SHEILA: HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT????!!!!!!

Lauren manages to scramble up and again they are rolling around on the floor clawing at each other!

NURSE (bursting in with ordely): BREAK IT UP! BREAK IT UP!!!
ORDERLY: Ladies!

The nurse and orderly pull the screaming women off each other! Lauren and Sheila are covered in sweat and bruises and are salivating to kill each other. Lauren's lip is bloody from Sheila's punch, and Sheila got a huge bump on her head!

2. Sheila & Lauren's catfight where Sheila tries to drown Lauren in the tub (The Bold and the Beautiful, 1992)

3. Annie & Meg at Surf Central (Sunset Beach, 1999)

4. Zoe and Kim on Frank's grave (Emmerdale, 1998)

5. Marlena and Kristen in the Secret Room (Days of Our Lives, 1997)

6. Natalie and Sally on the cobbles (Coronation Street, 1997)

7. Jill and Katherine's catfight in the attic of the Chancellor mansion (The Young and the Restless, 1999)

8. Nikki slamming Diane's head repeatedly on an office desk, when it transpired Diane had stolen Victor's sperm sample (The Young and the Restless, 2000)

9. Greenlee accosts Kendall in court, and physically manhandles her till her pregnancy padding falls out! (All My Children, 2003)

10. Monica and Tracy's catfight in the Quartermaine fountain (General Hospital, 1992)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    Kate and Chrissie :)
  • SunnysSunnys Posts: 1,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LMAO@that clip...so obvious they used doubles for them when the camera shots are far away... funny..

Loved anything with Meg and Annie fighting...from SB...also I remember vaguely when Maria and Sarah (megs sister) had a fight at Sunset Sisters...which I think ended up with Maria on the floor LOL....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The one I always remember was between Bev and Jackie Corkhill. I can't remember what it was about...... might have been because Bev suspected Jackie was having it away with Ron lol..... I just remember them fighting in the middle of the close. Jackie ripped Bev's blouse (which I remember was yellow) and Bev had a duckfit yelling "You've ripped my blouse, it cost me a fortune." to which Jackie retorted "Yeah?? Well you was robbed, love. I can get better dusters from off the market!!!":D:D

Then of course there was Eileen and Gail's fight in Corrie when Todd came out. Gail in her dressing gown and Kevin and Sally nosing from behind the curtains lol
  • GenoaCityBoyGenoaCityBoy Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    Sunnys wrote:
    LMAO@that clip...so obvious they used doubles for them when the camera shots are far away... funny..

Loved anything with Meg and Annie fighting...from SB...also I remember vaguely when Maria and Sarah (megs sister) had a fight at Sunset Sisters...which I think ended up with Maria on the floor LOL....

I REMEMBER THAT! Sara and Maria smashed into a table at Sunset Sisters!!! :D:D that was awesome! Sara was being such a bitch to Maria, but Maria never had the balls to just slug her in the gob!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    The best one was Pat Evans and Peggy Mitchell....

It was a time when Frank was in show and Peggy though him and pat were having an affair....

a showdown ensued.....in Pat's Kitchen....shouting insults at each other, throwing glasses before peggy overturns the table and pounces on Pat.......they end up slapping each other before the door bell goes.....

Script went something this....

Peggy:- I thought you said nothing happened between you and Frank....
    Pat:- It didn't....doesn't mean it couldn't have.....
    Peggy:- You what??! Well from what Roy was telling me- your the problem in the bedroom department......
    Pat: Frank would need to put a paper bag over his head before climbing into bed with you...
    Peggy:- HUH
    Pat:- I know my Frank
    Peggy:- He ain't your Frank, he's mine....
    Pat:- He wasn't saying that the other night....
    Peggy:- YOU WHAT??!!! Don't you see PAT...Frank left ya, your boys left ya and now Roys Left ya.....
    Pat:- You think Franks happy with you...Mutton dressed as lamb...
    Peggy:- YOU BITCH....CHUCKS A VASE AT PAT
    Pat:- HOW DARE YOU (chucks a glass at Peggy)

Peggy:- (peggy flips the table) I'll flaming well kill ya...
    Pat:- Get off off me....(PAT SLAPS HER) YOU BITCH!
    Peggy:- You cow- slaps peggy....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oooh what about Pauline Fowler v Peggy Mitchell

Peggy - Shut up you peroxide old bag!
    Pauline - Huh, and strawberry blonde at 70? I suppose that's natural is it?
    Peggy - I'm not 70!!:D
  • Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    None of them.

Definitely the one between Eileen and Gail last year in Corrie. Can't remember how it goes though.
  • LovelyLauraLovelyLaura Posts: 50,041
    Forum Member
    The best catfight for me has to be Eileen and Gail in Corrie :) It was so funny with Gail marching over to the Grimshaw's in her dressing gown and Sally nosing behind the curtains and Norris running out into the street to have a good nose lol!

"...and you were happy cos it's the only chance you'll get to have a grandchild off that pervert!"

Then Eileen walloped her round the face and shouted "go home Gail!" which always makes me laugh cos the strength of her voice almost knocked Gail over! It was so funny when Eileen turned round and Gail went ballistic and lunged at her going "aggggghhhhhh" hehehe! :D

"That kid of yours has been dropping grandkids since she was 13!"
    "At least she's normal!"
    "And there'll be dozens more to come, everyy one will have a different father!"
    "She'll need an aids test after going with him!"
    "It's him that needs an aids test after sleeping with your slag of a daughter!"
    "And different fathers, you can talk!"
    "She is a deadweight round his neck and he is better off without her!"

Classic :D

Although the Peggy/Pat one in EE was very good to!

Laura xx
  • UnderworldUnderworld Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    liqiudice wrote:
    The best one was Pat Evans and Peggy Mitchell....

It was a time when Frank was in show and Peggy though him and pat were having an affair....

a showdown ensued.....in Pat's Kitchen....shouting insults at each other, throwing glasses before peggy overturns the table and pounces on Pat.......they end up slapping each other before the door bell goes.....

Script went something this....

Peggy:- I thought you said nothing happened between you and Frank....
    Pat:- It didn't....doesn't mean it couldn't have.....
    Peggy:- You what??! Well from what Roy was telling me- your the problem in the bedroom department......
    Pat: Frank would need to put a paper bag over his head before climbing into bed with you...
    Peggy:- HUH
    Pat:- I know my Frank
    Peggy:- He ain't your Frank, he's mine....
    Pat:- He wasn't saying that the other night....
    Peggy:- YOU WHAT??!!! Don't you see PAT...Frank left ya, your boys left ya and now Roys Left ya.....
    Pat:- You think Franks happy with you...Mutton dressed as lamb...
    Peggy:- YOU BITCH....CHUCKS A VASE AT PAT
    Pat:- HOW DARE YOU (chucks a glass at Peggy)

Peggy:- (peggy flips the table) I'll flaming well kill ya...
    Pat:- Get off off me....(PAT SLAPS HER) YOU BITCH!
    Peggy:- You cow- slaps peggy....

I'm sorry but that was just abysmal.

I suppose the CLASSIC catfight must go to Alexis & Krystle in the Lilypond in Dynasty. That was highlighted as one of the first to start all these modern trends of women fighting with each other which we see so more of nowadays
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best catfight for me has to be Eileen and Gail in Corrie :) It was so funny with Gail marching over to the Grimshaw's in her dressing gown and Sally nosing behind the curtains and Norris running out into the street to have a good nose lol!

"...and you were happy cos it's the only chance you'll get to have a grandchild off that pervert!"

Then Eileen walloped her round the face and shouted "go home Gail!" which always makes me laugh cos the strength of her voice almost knocked Gail over! It was so funny when Eileen turned round and Gail went ballistic and lunged at her going "aggggghhhhhh" hehehe! :D

"That kid of yours has been dropping grandkids since she was 13!"
    "At least she's normal!"
    "And there'll be dozens more to come, everyy one will have a different father!"
    "She'll need an aids test after going with him!"
    "It's him that needs an aids test after sleeping with your slag of a daughter!"
    "And different fathers, you can talk!"
    "She is a deadweight round his neck and he is better off without her!"

Yep that was excellent! Especially at the end of the fight when Jason and Charlie came around the corner dressed in their builders gear,and Gail said "..and here come the rest of the Village People!"
    I nearly wet myself!
  • Marcus ChristieMarcus Christie Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    The best soap catfight, well one that I can remember has to go to Coronation Street for Gail and Eileen in Fight Night, I loved that scene it was funny and omg dramatic at the same time. The dialogue was classic, I loved it.

2nd favourite would be Pat and Peggy "You bitch" "You cah" in EastEnders.

And most recent one that I thought was great was Chrissie vs Kate in the nail bar last year.
  • Dakota.Dakota. Posts: 10,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kat's headbutt :eek:
    Forum Member
    the aids test line, oh god how we laughed in our house lmao
  • ConnexionsConnexions Posts: 2,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pat V Peggy
    Peggy V Pauline
    Kim V Zoe
    Eileen V Gail

Loved all of the above.
    Oh and thanks Ambereagle for the reminder of the Bev V Jackie fight from Brookie, them were the days when the script actually meant something!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is some very good Peggy & Pauline fights on UK Gold at the minute over Baby Louise.

Also loved the Chas & Chloe "Pee on the stick" episode in Emmerdale.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peggy: Your husband was a theif, your sons got HIV and the whole lot of ya are a pack of liars.

Brilliant :D
    Forum Member
    Connexions wrote:
    Peggy: Your husband was a theif, your sons got HIV and the whole lot of ya are a pack of liars.

Brilliant :D

Oh yeh I remember that one, a great scene in the Vic
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peggy: Get out you cheap peroxide old bag.
    Pauline: Oh yeah and what's this strawberry blonde at 70?
    Peggy: Shut up, I'm not 70.
    Pauline: Yeah well you look it. I tell you what Peggy Mitchell you're filth, you had a villain for a husband, a villain for a son and a fiancee who's a pervert...

That was the one that stands out most recently because it was on UKTV Gold the other day.
  • BobthechickenBobthechicken Posts: 1,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ambereagle wrote:
    Oooh what about Pauline Fowler v Peggy Mitchell

Peggy - Shut up you peroxide old bag!
    Pauline - Huh, and strawberry blonde at 70? I suppose that's natural is it?
    Peggy - I'm not 70!!:D

.......but you look it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jackie Corkhill had a fight with Diane Murray in Brookside around about the time the Lesbian storyline with Lindsay and that Shelley character was going on because Diane thought Jackie was after her.
    I liked that one.
  • RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The one in Corrie last year wasn't all that.

Kate vs. Chrissie was funny
    Pat vs. Peggy
    Eileen vs. Gail
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the full script from the one that was on UKTV Gold the other day about baby Lou:
    (My fave Peggy one was with Pat Harris, Beale, Wicks, Butcher, Evans)
    Peggy: Phil, what are you doing she's yours?
    Pauline: You keep out of this, you nosy old cow. You're always sticking your snout in and ruining things.
    Peggy: Your son stole my granddaughter.
    Pauline: He did no such thing.
    Peggy: He's been pretending she's his all along, walking around with a great big smug smile on his face.
    Pauline: That's not true.
    Peggy: Oh well I don't see him denying it do you?
    Mark: Come on Mum, let's go.
    Peggy: Yeah that's right go on run away the pair of you but there's nowhere to hide because everybody knows, good ole Mark Fowler, couldn't meet a nicer bloke when in fact you're nothing but a filthy cheating little liar.
    Pauline: What did you say?
    Peggy: You heard.
    Phil: Oright mum that's enough...*Phil steps in behind Peggy*
    Peggy: No, no, I won't shut up, you Pauline Fowler, you've always looked down your nose at me haven't you? You sneered at my sons and my daughter, you think you're so superior don't ya? Your husband was a thief, your son's got HIV and the whole lot of ya are a pack of liars.
    Pauline: Look down my nose at you, you bet I do, I mean look at him the last mangely stray from your pack. No wonder Lisa didn't want him for the babies father, no wonder she wanted someone who would be kind, caring and who'd look after her.
    Peggy: She stole his daughter.
    Pauline: She was protecting Louise, with a father like that what chance would you have in life? The only thing you can say about Phil Mitchell is it's a miracle nobody shot him sooner.
    *Peggy lunges across the bar*
    Peggy: Get out, get out you.
    Pauline: Don't you start on me.
    Peggy: I said get out, you cheap peroxide old bag.
    Pauline: Oh yeah and what's this, strawberry blonde at 70, that's real is it?
    Peggy: Shut up I'm not 70.
    Pauline: No but you look it, I tell you what Peggy Mitchell you're filth, you had a villain for a son, a villain for a husband and a fiancee who's a pervert, dya think I'd let you near that little girl?
    Peggy: GET OUT.
    Lisa: I'm leaving.
    Mark: You're gonna pay for this.
    Peggy: GO ON GET OUT.
    Pauline: It'll be my pleasure.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gail / Eileen !!

i'll always remember that one !!! Gail in her dressing gown :eek: , eileen going balistic :eek: todd trying to seperate the 2 women but whith no success :D

and did anyone notice Gail's face just before she "jumped" on eileen :eek: :eek: :D i'll always remember her face, just so tipically gail !!! LOL :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's my list:

1. Sheila Carter & Lauren Fenmore's lab catfight (The Young and the Restless, 1991)

ABSOLUTELY Brilliant! The amazingly done catfight to which all others pale in comparison! Slamming into test tubes, crashing into desks, pulling and punching, screaming... boy that Sheila was a psycho! Here's a video clip of the fight, and a transcript of how Sheila made Lauren SNAP!!! :D

VIDEO CLIP:
    http://www.tanyaboyd.com/soapclips/yr/LaurenSheilaLabCatfight.WMV

LAUREN: I should scratch your eyes out!
    SHEILA: Well make no mistake, the feeling is mutual.
    LAUREN: Just EXPLAIN to me how you could be so cruel? And you have Scott trapped, he doesn't even begin to know who you really are!
    SHEILA: Your concern is so touching.
    LAUREN: You know what drove me here? Is I have known some contemptable people in my life... but NO ONE compares to you! And the fact that you would throw in my face about my baby dying!
    SHEILA: Why would you say that I threw that in your face?
    LAUREN: MY GOD, SHEILA, YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU DID! You call yourself a mother? There isn't a mother on this earth that would forget the tragedy of my child that died! Or the pain and the anguish that I went through. You did it on purpose! You didn't forget about my child! You did it as a cold, calculating move!
    SHEILA: I know you don't want to believe this. And I don't want to dissapoint you but... I did forget! Your dead baby isn't always uppermost in my mind.
    LAUREN (in horror): How could you be such a vile, HATEFUL person?! HOW COULD YOU BE SO VICIOUS? HOW? HOW?

Lauren lunges at Sheila who smashes into the lab cabinet. Sheila throws Lauren off who flies into the rack of test tubes, the solutions smash open!
    Sheila slips as Lauren pushes her onto the cabinet, they briefly claw and tear at each other, until Lauren gets the upperhand and throws Sheila down onto the other cabinet, pulling her hair. A screaming Sheila throws herself backwards so Lauren goes flying into the other cabinet!! Again they are locked in combat, until Sheila gets Lauren thrown down and pinned to the table. Sheila holds Lauren down and punches her, in full psychotic mode.

SHEILA: HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT????!!!!!!

Lauren manages to scramble up and again they are rolling around on the floor clawing at each other!

NURSE (bursting in with ordely): BREAK IT UP! BREAK IT UP!!!
    ORDERLY: Ladies!

The nurse and orderly pull the screaming women off each other! Lauren and Sheila are covered in sweat and bruises and are salivating to kill each other. Lauren's lip is bloody from Sheila's punch, and Sheila got a huge bump on her head!

2. Sheila & Lauren's catfight where Sheila tries to drown Lauren in the tub (The Bold and the Beautiful, 1992

I agree! Anything between these two ladies was fantastic. I loved Lauren and loved to hate Sheila, so I don't know who to bat for...they are both so great.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kate and Chrissie :)

Chrisse: How needy, how pathetic, how desperate I bet Den was laughing his head off. Out the door. No questions asked, easy as you like!

Kate: Yeah...maybe you should ask why he had to?

Chrisse: Because you laid it on a plate for him...

Kate: Or maybe he was needing something that he wasn't getting at home. Maybe if you weren't so POSSESSIVE, SO CLINGY, MAYBE IF YOU WEREN'T SO PARANOID YOU'D NEVER HAVE SPLIT UP THE FIRST TIME!!!

Chrisse: SHUT UP!!! (Slaps Kate)

walks around her

Chrisse: You are nothing, but a greedy, NASTY, DIRTY LITTLE ****! I BET YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO SPELL THE WORD 'NO'!

Kate turns around and backhands her so viciously

(there is more)