ee - its clear Phil loves Shirley more than Sharon

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53
Forum Member
does anyone else feel the same?

he is always talking about her,exchanging glances with her,keeping her pictures. he wants her back in his life and is just settling for sharon as second best

shirley is his true love&soul mate.
sharon will take up any advances from any man she can if she got with phil, shirley will always be there for him

Comments

• RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shirley was real.

She knew who Phil was, and loved him anyway.

Sharon doesn't know the half of it. She's still in the mindset of seeing Phil how he was, many years ago.

Whether he loves Shirley more, no, Phil doesn't properly love anyone.

But I think, chips down, yes, he had real understanding and feeling for Shirley more.

But Love? No. He doesn't love himself either.

In this sense he's not Derek, Derek was deluded. Phil is hollow, holding onto the past, and playing a game.
  • Top_TrumpsTop_Trumps Posts: 2,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Warm welcome to the forum :)

Sharon was completely over Phil in the romantic sense during her last stint on the show.

It's Phil who will never get over Sharon, but I think for Sharon, she's past Phil.

Shirley, however, is another issue altogether...
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,845
    Forum Member
    one line last night. "shirley leaving, ben turning himself in" he would never in a million years mention an ex just before he was proposing to sharon.
  • CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

he is always talking about her,exchanging glances with her,keeping her pictures. he wants her back in his life and is just settling for sharon as second best

sharon will take up any advances from any man she can if she got with phil, shirley will always be there for him

I liked Shirley and Phil but I am not sure it could ever go back after Heather. I think Shirley needs a new man and I personally would place Phil with Kat.

Kat has the possibility of been the next Peggy, think of where the story could go with Kat been the next Mrs Mitchell.

Phil needs a strong woman and Kat needs a strong man, they're both as bad as each other.

Kat and Phil in the Vic would be EE gold!
  • Just VogueJust Vogue Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Initially he didn't want to be in a relationship with Shirley and I think that in the end he got with her more out of convenience than anything else. Phil did get more attached to her in their relationship and might have loved her during it but as soon as they broke up it all ended. I think that his initial attempts to get her back prior to her leaving were due to him wanting to stop his empire from falling apart. Now that he's getting it back he really doesn't seem interested in her.

Correct me if I'm wrong but since her return I don't think he has made any attempt to reconnect with her. Phil sees her as more of a pest now.... and I think that might be the reason that he called Carly in the first place.
    Forum Member
    Just Vogue wrote: »
    Initially he didn't want to be in a relationship with Shirley and I think that in the end he got with her more out of convenience than anything else. Phil did get more attached to her in their relationship and might have loved her during it but as soon as they broke up it all ended. I think that his initial attempts to get her back prior to her leaving were due to him wanting to stop his empire from falling apart. Now that he's getting it back he really doesn't seem interested in her.

Correct me if I'm wrong but since her return I don't think he has made any attempt to reconnect with her. Phil sees her as more of a pest now.... and I think that might be the reason that he called Carly in the first place.
    everyone said that it was too soon after stella. he couldnt trust any woman after stella. the very fact that he wouldnt get in a relationship with her knowing she was good for ben shows he had feelings for her but was scared.

he completely ignored her on monday & there was a reason for that. he mentioned her last night & said to sharon "its always been you aint it" showing that even he doubts that.

they used to be good friends & they could be again. clearly he cant be friendly with her.
  • Off_the_hook13Off_the_hook13 Posts: 17,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's like the saying 'you don't know what you've got until it's gone', Phil always took Shirley for granted and didn't know what he really had until too late.

With Sharon I think Phil is just trying to create the perfect family.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    It's like the saying 'you don't know what you've got until it's gone', Phil always took Shirley for granted and didn't know what he really had until too late.

With Sharon I think Phil is just trying to create the perfect family.

phil wants babies with her?
    i wonder if she is even still fertile:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phil wants babies with her?
    i wonder if she is even still fertile:(

Get on, Lexi the baby, Dennis the son he can mould.

It's really horrible actually:eek:
  • bass55bass55 Posts: 18,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sharon second best to Shirey? Don't make me laugh :rolleyes:

Sharon knows Phil probably better than anyone else, apart from Grant. Shirley thinks she knows Phil, but she's known him all of five minutes compared to how far back Phil and Sharon go.

Don't forget, it was Shirley who plied Phil with alcohol (knowing he was an alcoholic) basically so he would sleep with her. She fed his addiction; that's not love. And if Phil has to get plastered to even consider sleeping with Shirley, I think that says it all really. Shirley isn't even Phil's type; just look at all the other women he has been involved with - Kathy, Sharon, Lisa, Kate. Phil likes women with a bit of class, and Shirley is anything but classy.

Sharon is Phil's true love. Always has been, always will be.
    Forum Member

i think theyre trying to show his love he had/s for sharon and comparing it to the love he had for shirl. he's controlling sharon and lying to her. he only lets her see what she wants to see.

he's one broken man after loosing shirl & ben and is clearly trying to cling onto this fantasy family. he knows shirl is talking to lola & sharon but he isnt doing anything to stop her.
    Forum Member

poor denny :(
    he will be wacking the squares morbidly obese with photoframes within the year :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    everyone said that it was too soon after stella. he couldnt trust any woman after stella. the very fact that he wouldnt get in a relationship with her knowing she was good for ben shows he had feelings for her but was scared.

he completely ignored her on monday & there was a reason for that. he mentioned her last night & said to sharon "its always been you aint it" showing that even he doubts that.

they used to be good friends & they could be again. clearly he cant be friendly with her.

There were women after Stella though. Suzy, Raine, Dawn (:eek:)... Even though the last two were just meaningless sex he still chose them over getting together with Shirley who had been lusting over him for years.

I don't think the fact he didn't get with Shirley shows that he is scared, but instead hints that there was no feelings for her. Prior to them actually getting together he just saw her as a friend.

Their relationship was very one way. He wanted someone to act as a mother to his children. That's exactly what he said to Stella once he'd found out about her abuse of Ben, that he'd been using her to look after Ben and she'd completely failed at it. Men like Phil use women and I think his relationship with Shirley is another example of this. I do agree that he formed an attachment to her but it was more one of companionship then anything else...

Since her return he hasn't made any advances to her or even tried apologizing further and tried to build a friendship. In his view she is no longer useful so he's dropped her from his life completely
    Forum Member
    bass55 wrote: »

Sharon knows Phil probably better than anyone else, apart from Grant. Shirley thinks she knows Phil, but she's known him all of five minutes compared to how far back Phil and Sharon go.

Don't forget, it was Shirley who plied Phil with alcohol (knowing he was an alcoholic) basically so he would sleep with her. She fed his addiction; that's not love. And if Phil has to get plastered to even consider sleeping with Shirley, I think that says it all really.

exactly why he could never trust shirley. she only did that cos he came onto her first. she thought he didnt want her when sober.

if sharon was phils true love why did he mention shirley before proposing? he didnt make it very clear what shirl meant to him. infact he was saying how his life fell apart when he lost her & ben ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Don't forget, it was Shirley who plied Phil with alcohol (knowing he was an alcoholic) basically so he would sleep with her. She fed his addiction; that's not love. And if Phil has to get plastered to even consider sleeping with Shirley, I think that says it all really.

She doesn't know what he's been through, and what he's done, she thinks she knows him, but she doesn't. She really doesn't.
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member

With the "ain't it" I think you are definitely reading too much into it. He's not literally questioning what he's just said; it's just a figure of speech, a rhetorical question.
    Forum Member
    There were women after Stella though. Suzy, Raine, Dawn (:eek:)... Even though the last two were just meaningless sex he still chose them over getting together with Shirley who had been lusting over him for years.

I don't think the fact he didn't get with Shirley shows that he is scared, but instead hints that there was no feelings for her. Prior to them actually getting together he just saw her as a friend.

Their relationship was very one way. He wanted someone to act as a mother to his children. That's exactly what he said to Stella once he'd found out about her abuse of Ben, that he'd been using her to look after Ben and she'd completely failed at it. Men like Phil use women and I think his relationship with Shirley is another example of this. I do agree that he formed an attachment to her but it was more one of companionship then anything else...
    he never cared for them!

if he wanted someone for a mother he wouldve got with shirl in 08. he clearly had genuine feelings for her then thats why he didnt jump into bed with her straight away. he wouldnt let shirley have any control over being bens mother till sept 2010. he moved out of shirls flat cos she was getting too close to ben.

if he saw her as a friend he could still be friends with her now. even if its not best friends he could at least be friendly with her. he completely ignored her on monday. didnt even wish her a happy new year or anything.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Since her return he hasn't made any advances to her or even tried apologizing further and tried to build a friendship. In his view she is no longer useful so he's dropped her from his life completely

And this is how he's approaching Sharon as well though.

Be with me and automatic family, and we 'know' each other.

But the don't, it's an illusion.
    Forum Member
    big dan wrote: »
    With the "ain't it" I think you are definitely reading too much into it. He's not literally questioning what he's just said; it's just a figure of speech, a rhetorical question.

well i heard it a different way. he shouldnt be mentioning an ex leaving to the woman he's supposed to want to spend the rest of his life with lol
  • bass55bass55 Posts: 18,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She doesn't know what he's been through, and what he's done, she thinks she knows him, but she doesn't. She really doesn't.

Are you serious? Sharon has known Phil for 23 years, she knows exactly what he is like and what kind of man he is.
  • Top_TrumpsTop_Trumps Posts: 2,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you serious? Sharon has known Phil for 23 years, she knows exactly what he is like.

Including the last few years in Walford?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Don't forget, it was Shirley who plied Phil with alcohol (knowing he was an alcoholic) basically so he would sleep with her. She fed his addiction; that's not love. And if Phil has to get plastered to even consider sleeping with Shirley, I think that says it all really. Shirley isn't even Phil's type; just look at all the other women he has been involved with - Kathy, Sharon, Lisa, Kate. Phil likes women with a bit of class, and Shirley is anything but classy.

This.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    he never cared for them!

if he wanted someone for a mother he wouldve got with shirl in 08. he clearly had genuine feelings for her then thats why he didnt jump into bed with her straight away. he wouldnt let shirley have any control over being bens mother till sept 2010. he moved out of shirls flat cos she was getting too close to ben.

if he saw her as a friend he could still be friends with her now. even if its not best friends he could at least be friendly with her. he completely ignored her on monday. didnt even wish her a happy new year or anything.

He doesn't want to be her friend, what use would she be to him?

Before she acted as a companion, someone to get drunk with, someone who was nice to Ben. Now he sees her as the woman who is not only trying to stop him from getting Lexi but also the person who has the power to put him in prison, although he doesn't think she'll ever do it.
    And this is how he's approaching Sharon as well though.

Be with me and automatic family, and we 'know' each other.

But the don't, it's an illusion.

You're right, he is using Sharon in exactly the same way. It's like Cora said the other night, he's trying to build a family up and put himself at the top.

However his past with Sharon certainly suggests that he had feelings for her and this is something we have never seen with Shirley, not properly. I don't think he loves Sharon anymore. He doesn't love either of them, he's too in love with the idea of having a family which he's in charge of to think about women. It doesn't matter who is by his side as long as someone is.
    Forum Member
    Are you serious? Sharon has known Phil for 23 years, she knows exactly what he is like and what kind of man he is.

ok so if she knows him so well why cant she see through him as to what he's doing with lexi? why cant she stop him taking away a baby from their mother? why is she so scared at what shirley is trying to tell her? just because you've known someone for 20 years doesnt mean you know them better than anyone else. she's been out of phils life for 6 and they havent been together for 12 years. shirl saw phil at his worst & best. she gets the way his mind works. he's become a lot more controlling since he was with sharon
    Forum Member
    sharon is very ditzy and unassuming, shirley is wise. she knows what phil is doing