Emmerdale episode anomalies?

AncalagonAncalagon Posts: 2,867
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Happy Boxing day people :)

Just wanted to ask, did we ever find out why we had that episode of ED last week (ish) where everyone was acting as though events had happened that hadn't?

For instance, Rachel finding out Ruby warned Sam off.... and Adam "having a go" at Cain?

All we saw was Moira apologising for that and Rachel forcing Ruby to apologise to Sam.... It made me think I had missed an episode, was any reason given for this?

I then noticed last night that Chas seemed to be aware of Cain and Moira?? when did she find this out?

Are they starting to go for the feel that "the villagers are still living their lives while were not watching"?

I hope not, that would be stupid.

Comments

• mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah, we too looked at eachother when moira mentioned adam warning off caine, thinking 'what have we missed'?
  • 12december198412december1984 Posts: 1,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As daft as it sounds, would it have anything to do with rehearsing for the live episode? Spending all their time on that whilst hoping we wouldn't notice events that we hadn't seen?
  • pixiegirl123pixiegirl123 Posts: 15,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We defiantly saw Ruby warn Sam off :confused:

I can't remember Adam having a go at Cain though
  • jalfrezijalfrezi Posts: 657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emmerdale seems to be full of "when did that happen" moments these days. Moira's husband was having an affair with Chas and at the time they were sworn enemies - now they are best mates! :rolleyes:
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But did we see Rachel finding out that Ruby had warned Sam off (which is what the OP was questioning)?
  • AncalagonAncalagon Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As Brummy girl pointed out for me, what we didn't see, was Rachel find out about this, instead, we saw a scene where, Rachel, in full knowledge of Ruby's actions, forced Ruby to apologise to Sam :confused:
  • AncalagonAncalagon Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jalfrezi wrote: »
    Emmerdale seems to be full of "when did that happen" moments these days. Moira's husband was having an affair with Chas and at the time they were sworn enemies - now they are best mates! :rolleyes:

In fairness, we did see Chas and Moira make up and after John died, they have bonded ever since, though with Chas being in prison, when exactly did Moira tell Chas about her and Cain :confused:
  • GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the DS spoilers, there was a scene where Adam had a go at Cain, but was stopped from hitting him, because Cain was holding Jack. This scene was never shown, but it has been referred to in later episodes - it seems to be a case of bad editing/continuity. I can't find the article on DS now, so i'm not sure when this was supposed to air. Perhaps Chas was already out of prison, and witnessed it?

I get the feeling that, having dragged storylines out to fit around the live episode, they are now rushing through things and it is appearing hurried and contrived. Cain only deciding to visit France at the end of the trial (surely Aaron would have tried to come home before this?), in order to get him out of the way whilst Cameron murdered Alex. Ali unable to leave her grandfather for even a few hours to support Rachel, whose new baby was fighting for his life. I know he was dying, but surely he would have wanted Ali to visit Rachel? Of course, if she had, she might have noticed Jai hanging around. It all seems very clumsy.
  • pixiegirl123pixiegirl123 Posts: 15,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But did we see Rachel finding out that Ruby had warned Sam off (which is what the OP was questioning)?
    Ancalagon wrote: »
    As Brummy girl pointed out for me, what we didn't see, was Rachel find out about this, instead, we saw a scene where, Rachel, in full knowledge of Ruby's actions, forced Ruby to apologise to Sam :confused:

Oh sorry:o, I don't think we did see that
  • Melephunk2010Melephunk2010 Posts: 38,243
    Forum Member
    In the DS spoilers, there was a scene where Adam had a go at Cain, but was stopped from hitting him, because Cain was holding Jack. This scene was never shown, but it has been referred to in later episodes - it seems to be a case of bad editing/continuity. I can't find the article on DS now, so i'm not sure when this was supposed to air. Perhaps Chas was already out of prison, and witnessed it?

I get the feeling that, having dragged storylines out to fit around the live episode, they are now rushing through things and it is appearing hurried and contrived. Cain only deciding to visit France at the end of the trial (surely Aaron would have tried to come home before this?), in order to get him out of the way whilst Cameron murdered Alex. Ali unable to leave her grandfather for even a few hours to support Rachel, whose new baby was fighting for his life. I know he was dying, but surely he would have wanted Ali to visit Rachel? Of course, if she had, she might have noticed Jai hanging around. It all seems very clumsy.

DS have a habit of mentioning things in thier spoilers that don't happen on screen.

They did similar by mentioning a scene with Val - Val was off-screen attending her daughter's wedding...

They mentioned Aaron and Ed sharing a kiss in Bar west and also had a teaser picture.. that never happened...

As spoilers go the DS ones are quite misleading IMO, that's why ive given up reading them and just read posts on here or from the Emmerdaily.
  • GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DS have a habit of mentioning things in thier spoilers that don't happen on screen.

They did similar by mentioning a scene with Val - Val was off-screen attending her daughter's wedding...

They mentioned Aaron and Ed sharing a kiss in Bar west and also had a teaser picture.. that never happened...

As spoilers go the DS ones are quite misleading IMO, that's why ive given up reading them and just read posts on here or from the Emmerdaily.

But it was a bit weird that Moira mentioned Adam 'having a go at Cain,' but we never saw this. I would have thought that it would have been quite important to the development of that story? I seem to keep seeing scenes or hearing lines which make me think that I've missed an episode - ie they're not referring to things that have clearly happened off screen. It seems a bit disjointed at the moment.