Strictly Tour 2013

Comments

• Dilly 1Dilly 1 Posts: 39,906
    Forum Member
    Tall Paul wrote: »
    Just had an idea that if pasha doesn't do very well I'm this years series that he could do the tour with Kimberley next year. I think Kim would be more of a challenge for Louis on tour than Denise and if he was against kara then it would be an entirely different ball game. :cool:

Would say this that they need a fourth judge on tour as three guys isn't enough. The big bosses should be ashamed of themselves for not taking a female judge with them and for the tour to come back on DVD as this cost cutting idea of not having one is not a good one. :(

I think that Kate and tess would be a good presenting team together to be honest as I'm sick of Bruce on the main show and that time when he mindlessly waffles could be time allocated towards presenters to tell celebs how they are doing on FB and twitter. Found Brucie totally selfish and cringeworthy last season as he makes it about him all the bloody time. :mad:

Wish that Glenn and Andrea who are in charge could be more transparent towards the director general and controller about him rather than all of this pc attitude and attitude that the BBC are a business and 'we pay who we like' as that attitude stinks. About time they let him go and stopped manipulating him to work for em. At the same time he has to be honest with self and tell himself to call it a day. ;)

You think Kara would beat Louis on tour? I don't think Kara won many shows In her year did she? :confused:
    As good as she is I really don't think Kara could beat Louis on tour in a month of Sundays and nor could Kimberley. Not sure if you have been to any of the tour dates yourself to see not only how popular Louis is, but also how good he is. Kimberley & Kara were both lovely dancers but from the audience reaction I heard tonight, Louis must be one of the most popular SCD contestants ever. They were going crazy for him!
  • Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    Some good competition for him IMHO would be Austin Healy, Darren Gough and jill halfpenny as that would give him a run for his money. :)

Know this is off topic dilly but I'm getting very annoyed that Beth is being continuously under marked on DOI but I suppose I agree with the judges a bit as she could have more fire, then again she is doing on ice with what Louis did on strictly and on a journey. :]
  • SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    Tall Paul wrote: »
    Just had an idea that if pasha doesn't do very well I'm this years series that he could do the tour with Kimberley next year. I think Kim would be more of a challenge for Louis on tour than Denise and if he was against kara then it would be an entirely different ball game. :cool:

Would say this that they need a fourth judge on tour as three guys isn't enough. The big bosses should be ashamed of themselves for not taking a female judge with them and for the tour to come back on DVD as this cost cutting idea of not having one is not a good one. :(

I think that Kate and tess would be a good presenting team together to be honest as I'm sick of Bruce on the main show and that time when he mindlessly waffles could be time allocated towards presenters to tell celebs how they are doing on FB and twitter. Found Brucie totally selfish and cringeworthy last season as he makes it about him all the bloody time. :mad:

Wish that Glenn and Andrea who are in charge could be more transparent towards the director general and controller about him rather than all of this pc attitude and attitude that the BBC are a business and 'we pay who we like' as that attitude stinks. About time they let him go and stopped manipulating him to work for em. At the same time he has to be honest with self and tell himself to call it a day. ;)
    Dilly 1 wrote: »
    You think Kara would beat Louis on tour? I don't think Kara won many shows In her year did she? :confused:
    As good as she is I really don't think Kara could beat Louis on tour in a month of Sundays and nor could Kimberley. Not sure if you have been to any of the tour dates yourself to see not only how popular Louis is, but also how good he is. Kimberley & Kara were both lovely dancers but from the audience reaction I heard tonight, Louis must be one of the most popular SCD contestants ever. They were going crazy for him!

Just putting my "penny farthing" into this discussion. I think if you took the winners of each of the tours (and those did NOT include Ramps, Gough or Halfpenny), I doubt they would be as popular as Louis is now.

Tour winners have been Matt DA, Rachel Stevens, Austin Healey, Matt Baker and Harry McFly - we can be pretty confident now that Louis will join them. If that lot went on tour together, then I probably think the tour show wins would be shared between Harry and Louis. In my opinion, no one comes close to the two of them (and that includes Kara, Alesha[?] and Kimberley (if she toured)).
  • IzzieStarIzzieStar Posts: 21,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SaraV1308 wrote: »
    Just putting my "penny farthing" into this discussion. I think if you took the winners of each of the tours (and those did NOT include Ramps, Gough or Halfpenny), I doubt they would be as popular as Louis is now.

Tour winners have been Matt DA, Rachel Stevens, Austin Healey, Matt Baker and Harry McFly - we can be pretty confident now that Louis will join them. If that lot went on tour together, then I probably think the tour show wins would be shared between Harry and Louis. In my opinion, no one comes close to the two of them (and that includes Kara, Alesha[?] and Kimberley (if she toured)).

I'd agree with that - it would be between Harry and Louis if they most popular tourers toured together.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 116
    Forum Member

yes got to agree with that. Louis has come into his own on the tour, the atmosphere at Glasgow was a-may-zing! the crowd loved him and it looked a full house to me. I was a bit aprehensive how he would pair up with Ola, as I enjoyed his last few weeks in SCD with Flavia, but they were brilliant. So glad I decided to go yesterday.
  • blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and Rachel.....
    She did really well on the tour didn't she? I still hate that Tom Chambers won over her, it's just ridiuclous he was average at best during the whole series apart from the showdance...

Kimberley and Pascha should totally do the tour. I think she could win a date or two..
  • Mrs FMrs F Posts: 8,232
    Forum Member
    IzzieStar wrote: »
    I'd agree with that - it would be between Harry and Louis if they most popular tourers toured together.

I'd agree with that. I'd also add Matt Baker as well. The atmosphere on the tour when I saw him was unbelievable.
    The whole crowd started stamping on the floor when he came into the arena, it was deafening.
  • danceagogodanceagogo Posts: 1,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like Mrs F, I think Matt Baker would give Louis and Harry a run for their money too. I saw the 3 of them and I'm torn about who was the best - only thing is Aliona would be exhausted with 2 partners!!!
  • kp2nikp2ni Posts: 1,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Austin and Matt swept the board when they were on the tour. Austin beating Mark and Matt beat Ricky and Kara so I don't agree that Harry and Louis would shared the most wins - it would depend on the dances, who partner them and the audience on the night.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    kp2ni wrote: »
    Austin and Matt swept the board when they were on the tour. Austin beating Mark and Matt beat Ricky and Kara so I don't agree that Harry and Louis would shared the most wins - it would depend on the dances, who partner them and the audience on the night.

Exactly, if you handicap the others on the tour of course the chosen ones will win more than any other celeb on the tour. Louis dance has been altered to showcase his profession. He also gets the attention of a headliner just like Harry did.
  • mrsdaisychainmrsdaisychain Posts: 3,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all, Does anyone know how long each show actually runs for while on tour?
  • CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    Its around two and a half hours daisychain.... give or take a few minutes
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CaroUK wrote: »
    Its around two and a half hours daisychain.... give or take a few minutes

cheers Carol, that's a big help.
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kp2ni wrote: »

BIB absolutely - Chelsee is a good example - whilst I loved her QS I loathed her showdance (which many people did) and was extremely disappointed that it was given to her as one of her dances on the tour, I would much rather have seen her jive - actually I would rather have seen anything but her showdance! :D
  • sueh21sueh21 Posts: 2,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Might be a different winner tonight,Denise and Louis have both tweeted that they are feeling unwell.
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    sueh21 wrote: »
    Might be a different winner tonight,Denise and Louis have both tweeted that they are feeling unwell.

I'm sure they'll battle on. Unless they start sneezing/coughing/vomiting on the front row.

Which wouldn't be very nice at all.
  • roadieboysroadieboys Posts: 3,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another win for Louis. I knew Liverpool wouldn't let him down. Fab show .. Biggest cheers for Louis. My turn tomorrow .. Whoo hoo :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant show tonight. Highlights were Michael and Natalie's American Smooth, Denise and James' Charleston and Louis and Ola's Salsa - all three gave me goosebumps!
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Around a week and a half 'til I go, but the reviews on here are satisfying my cravings for now. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing show last night, they all shone and gave their all.
    I really felt for Denise, she has a chest infection, had the doctor to the hotel yesterday and you could tell, she looked right poorly but she gave a fabulous performance.
    I thought it was so nice that Louis and Natalie spent some time with the audience taking pictures and generally saying hello. Michael went along the front row doing high fives.
    Kate Thornton did a good job presenting, just a perfect night except the weather!
    Problem being, it was all over too soon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing show last night, they all shone and gave their all.
    I really felt for Denise, she has a chest infection, had the doctor to the hotel yesterday and you could tell, she looked right poorly but she gave a fabulous performance.
    I thought it was so nice that Louis and Natalie spent some time with the audience taking pictures and generally saying hello. Michael went along the front row doing high fives.
    Kate Thornton did a good job presenting, just a perfect night except the weather!
    Problem being, it was all over too soon.

I thought it was really selfless of her to come out and perform when she felt so rough. I hope she's feeling a bit better today.

And Louis was an absolute gent asking the audience to give her an applause when he had just won. I thought that was really lovely.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    danceagogo wrote: »
    Like Mrs F, I think Matt Baker would give Louis and Harry a run for their money too. I saw the 3 of them and I'm torn about who was the best - only thing is Aliona would be exhausted with 2 partners!!!

Matt was not good enough to win his series. However his Charlston was fantastic. One of the best.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IzzieStar wrote: »
    I thought it was really selfless of her to come out and perform when she felt so rough. I hope she's feeling a bit better today.

And Louis was an absolute gent asking the audience to give her an applause when he had just won. I thought that was really lovely.

Wasn't it a fabulous show Izzie?
    Louis was amazing we thought. We couldn't get over how slim Fern is now either.
    I was suprised that there were lots of empty seats although it is a big building.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't it a fabulous show Izzie?
    Louis was amazing we thought. We couldn't get over how slim Fern is now either.
    I was suprised that there were lots of empty seats although it is a big building.

I thought it was brilliant. :D

I didn't think there were too many empty seats - some were covered in a sort of black cloth though.

As well as noticing how slim Fern was, I couldn't get over how HUGE Louis' hands are! :D

I also thought James was very funny - when he was attempting the Scouse accent and accusing Louis of being a United fan. Obviously didn't work though!
  • fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Louis has a good dancer to compete against in Denise.

Harry had two good dances and Chelsee had one.

Matt won the highest percentage of dates of anyone on tour against Kara, Pamela and Ricky Whittle.

It would probably be a tight contest if all three were in the same tour IMO.