Will Young (Part 2)

Comments

• AmazingAmazing Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marguerite wrote: »
    He's new to Island records this year so, he may very well go as part of their group, doubt he would have if he'd still been with Sony though. :D

And congratulations on his WOS newcomer award which comes on the 10th anniversary year of his breakthrough award at the Brits.The boy's done good. :D

Hasn't he just. Such a multi-talent. No wonder he 's managed to sustain his success.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After 11 years, he is still amazing:D
  • LancashireLass2LancashireLass2 Posts: 852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Congratulations to Will! :)
  • PCRosePCRose Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great track by Will on the Dermot OLeary Saturday sessions out this week - cover of Blondies Hanging On the Telephone that he did on Radio2day last year.:D
  • gettygetty Posts: 3,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant news, Will has been nominated for an Olivier award as best actor in a musical for his portrayal as Emcee in Cabaret, so pleased and happy for him.:eek::D

http://betheredcarpet.co.uk/2013/03/26/olivier-nominations-are-in/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He deserves to be nominated, he was fantastic in the lead role of the Emcee in Cabaret:D
  • PuterkidPuterkid Posts: 9,794
    Forum Member
    getty wrote: »
    Brilliant news, Will has been nominated for an Olivier award as best actor in a musical for his portrayal as Emcee in Cabaret, so pleased and happy for him.:eek::D

http://betheredcarpet.co.uk/2013/03/26/olivier-nominations-are-in/

I'm glad his brilliance in this has been recognised:)
  • soulloversoullover Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go Will!!!!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great recognition for Will in his first role in the West End. I'm so happy for him!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently the Olivier Awards are on TV this Saturday 28th (April).Does anybody have any of the details please?

It would be fantastic if Will won in his category, but just to be nominated for something so prestigious is such an honour for him.:D
  • Franch FancyFranch Fancy Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    I will definitely be watching this. Thanks for the heads up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Olivier Awards will be on this Sunday 28th.

The highlights are on ITV 10.15 - 11.45 pm.

Live on Radio 2 from 6pm

Big screen in Covent Garden from 4pm.

:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gertrude wrote: »
    The Olivier Awards will be on this Sunday 28th.

The highlights are on ITV 10.15 - 11.45 pm.

Live on Radio 2 from 6pm

Big screen in Covent Garden from 4pm.

:D

Thanks. :)
  • crazymonkcrazymonk Posts: 1,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I adore how popular Will is on Digital Spy it's great! :D Who else thinks "Switch It On" is totally awesome!!!?? That song is damn underrated, anthem!!!!
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    crazymonk wrote: »
    I adore how popular Will is on Digital Spy it's great! :D Who else thinks "Switch It On" is totally awesome!!!?? That song is damn underrated, anthem!!!!

It is nice that forum members (well a lot of them) have come to realise what his fans have known from the beginning. Go back ten years or so when he first came on the scene and it was a very different picture. One particular poster said he would be gone in six months and, here we are, eleven and more years later and he is still going strong, with an Oliver nomination under his belt!
    Forum Member
    Very talented man, well done to him for his Olivier nomination!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, well done Will!

I'm really looking forward to seeing his performance from Cabaret on TV in Sunday night.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, tonight's the night:D

Of course it would be so fantastic if Will actually won the award in his category, but he has such big names to compete with, and I've a feeling that Michael Ball will win, but to be actually nominated is such an honour for him:D

I'm looking forward to the award show this evening, and for the excerpts from some great shows, and of course, from the fantastic show Cabaret with Will and some of the amazing singers and dancers from the cast:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hard luck for Will missing out at the Oliviers, but being nominated in his first stage musical was a great honour.:cool:
    Fantastic performance of 'Wilkommen' though on TV last night with the rest of the cast.:D
    New album next on the agenda Will please?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really looking forward to Will's next album, but who knows what else he's going to be up to as well as this, he's full of surprises:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New music at last! :cool::D

And album 6 begins.... https://twitter.com/will_young31
  • ritchie2ykritchie2yk Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    Thank goodness, his last album was a real highlight
    Forum Member
    Album has arrived. Quite a different collection to echoes, but very good and enjoyable album overall.

I think the melodies and vocals are better than the production/backing, which is intrusive at times.

Only two tracks I wouldn't bother with.

Good to have Will Young back as he fills a space no one else is at the moment, being neither a new biggest thing, nor a Daniel O'Donnel cover crooner, but a consistent and original long serving pop artist.
  • HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,627
    Forum Member
    Like A River is exceptional imo. Such a shame it looks likely to just be an album track as I think it's so much better than Love Revolution. Would be nice if Like A River got a fair bit of airplay and Will performed the song on a show like Sunday Night at the Palladium.
    Forum Member
    Hitstastic wrote: »
    Like A River is exceptional imo. Such a shame it looks likely to just be an album track as I think it's so much better than Love Revolution. Would be nice if Like A River got a fair bit of airplay and Will performed the song on a show like Sunday Night at the Palladium.

I do like Like a River, but there are better songs/single choices on the album IMO.