do you think the pyramids in egypt are proof aliens exist?

1141516171820»

Comments

• phylo_roadkingphylo_roadking Posts: 21,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I mean, it's not like Spock or Yoda would have had much to talk about with people who were more keen on playing football with heads or worshipping cats as gods, is it?

They just might, you know!!!

It's an ear thing.... ;)
  • Mad Man MoonMad Man Moon Posts: 1,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    I can't help thinking that if any aliens did ever land here in ancient times they probably just got on with stealing some resource from our planet, repairing their spaceship or doing a bit of crafty anal probing and left us to build monuments in their honour by ourselves.

I mean, it's not like Spock or Yoda would have had much to talk about with people who were more keen on playing football with heads or worshipping cats as gods, is it?

Ah, but they did visit and some stayed as shape shifting reptilians.. and some stayed in the Moon, which is a hollow spacecraft..

Yeah, when put like that, it isn't likely... :D

But then again, as Arnold J Rimmer once said:
    Look, you're not thinking alien. That's what aliens are: alien. They do alien things. Things that are... alien.
  • dawnrayddawnrayd Posts: 6,746
    Forum Member
    There are thousands of reputable academic sites, written by people who have undertaken years of proper, scientific reasearch out there...................but these mean nothing to those who deliberately and obstinately refuse to listen, comprehend or learn. (or just want to troll, of course!)

I think there is a minority of people who are naturally inclined to reject reality at every opportunity. It's no coincidence that the strongest supporters of crackpot theories such as aliens building the pyramids, are also the strongest believers in psychics, telepathy, ghosts, mystics,and goblins.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    dawnrayd wrote: »
    I think there is a minority of people who are naturally inclined to reject reality at every opportunity. It's no coincidence that the strongest supporters of crackpot theories such as aliens building the pyramids, are also the strongest believers in psychics, telepathy, ghosts, mystics,and goblins.

Agreed.

They are also the ones who absolutely stick to their guns, refusing to accept scientific evidence and experimentation, links and documents from renowned scholars and others, instead preferring YouTube videos made by 14 year olds and linking to conspiracy theory websites riddled with untruths and long debunked theories. Most of the rest of us however are prepared to update and change our beliefs when new scientific evidence emerges.

So I have to ask, who are really the ones with closed minds and who are really the "sheeple"?.
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    dawnrayd wrote: »

I'd hazard that a lot of them are people who also believe that smoking funny roll-ups helps you think more clearly too.
  • yappyyappy Posts: 6,310
    Forum Member
    Agreed.

They are also the ones who absolutely stick to their guns, refusing to accept scientific evidence and experimentation, links and documents from renowned scholars and others, instead preferring YouTube videos made by 14 year olds and linking to conspiracy theory websites riddled with untruths and long debunked theories. Most of the rest of us however are prepared to update and change our beliefs when new scientific evidence emerges.

So I have to ask, who are really the ones with closed minds and who are really the "sheeple"?.

seriosly just no

sheep dont follow the crowd, they think for themselves, they dont believe the lies of scientists just because they tell us its the case we look at the bigger picture and for other explanations such as aliens that are FAR more likely than hundreds of thousands of slaves pitching together to carry hundreds of thousands of stones that are heavier than 70 odd elephants ...

it wasnt long ago that the same sheep were laughing at those calling global warming a scam, then the tables turned when the lies were exposed. same thing is gona happen with the pyramids IMO, might be in 1 year might be in 100, but it will happen
  • dawnrayddawnrayd Posts: 6,746
    Forum Member
    yappy wrote: »
    seriosly just no

sheep dont follow the crowd, they think for themselves, they dont believe the lies of scientists just because they tell us its the case we look at the bigger picture and for other explanations such as aliens that are FAR more likely than hundreds of thousands of slaves pitching together to carry hundreds of thousands of stones that are heavier than 70 odd elephants

You first thought the stone slabs were lifted, and now you think the pyramids were built by hundreds of thousands of slaves?

You really haven't read anything about the pyramids have you?

Despite not having researched or read about them, you are all too quick to opt for the 'aliens built them' theory, and you accuse people of not having thought for themselves? It was kind of cute and funny at first, but your incredible stupidity is annoying me now, so I'll leave you to it.
  • phylo_roadkingphylo_roadking Posts: 21,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You really haven't read anything about the pyramids have you?
    sheep dont follow the crowd, they think for themselves,

He/she/it hasn't read much about sheep either! They are THE dumbest farm animals in creation :p That statement is exactly the opposite of what sheep do/are - they DO follow the crowd, they DO NOT think for themselves...they don't think much at all! :p
  • smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    Yappy, I take my hat off to you. You will become a brilliant barrister with you ability to defend absurdities and to throw extra arguments into the mix when everything else is lost. Criminals will be able to rest easy in their beds with your abilities to persuade some people that science is junk and childrens' books are valuable sources of reference. You deserve an A grade in Course 315 - talking b0ll0cks for lawyers.
  • bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yappy wrote: »
    sheep dont follow the crowd, they think for themselves, they dont believe the lies of scientists just because they tell us its the case we look at the bigger picture and for other explanations such as aliens that are FAR more likely than hundreds of thousands of slaves pitching together to carry hundreds of thousands of stones that are heavier than 70 odd elephants ...

Sorry but you are extremely gullible and lack critical thinking. I notice that you "accept the lies" of the scientists that brought you the internet so that you can post just not the ones that don't support the latest exciting conspiracy theory.

There is a lot of evidence about how the pyramids could have been built and most of them don't actually involve slave labour. Of course none of this involves aliens and so is less likely to appeal to you, since you like the idea of aliens so much I suggest you stick to acknowledged fiction rather than trying to force them into history.
    it wasnt long ago that the same sheep were laughing at those calling global warming a scam, then the tables turned when the lies were exposed. same thing is gona happen with the pyramids IMO, might be in 1 year might be in 100, but it will happen

On the contrary and despite your willingness to believe those with no evidence as long as they say what you want to hear the only lies that have been exposed are from those who deny the science.

You need to go away and learn what science is about and how important critical thinking is. In short stop being so gullible!
  • DoctorQuiDoctorQui Posts: 6,428
    Forum Member
    It's 100% proof that mathematics is an ancient concept!
  • TerraCanisTerraCanis Posts: 14,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DoctorQui wrote: »
    It's 100% proof that mathematics is an ancient concept!

I wish I could remember which TV programme it was that had an exchange along these lines:

"So why are Egyptian pyramids the same shape* as South American pyramids?"

"You mean big end at the bottom and small end at the top?"

*Ignoring the fact that there are differences, stepped sides vs sloped sides for example.
  • MrQuikeMrQuike Posts: 18,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TerraCanis wrote: »
    I wish I could remember which TV programme it was that had an exchange along these lines:

"So why are Egyptian pyramids the same shape* as South American pyramids?"

"You mean big end at the bottom and small end at the top?"

*Ignoring the fact that there are differences, stepped sides vs sloped sides for example.

It's the easiest way to build and support a tall buliding with a pile of stones. I saw that program. It was an american archaeologist IIRC.

Added: Bob Brier - Khufu Revealed or Napoleon's Obsession: The Quest for Egypt.
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And when the big orange pussycat with the bandoliers and gurt big gun comes down out of the spaceship, remember to ask the alien ambassador why his K'zin name translates as..."Speaker To Animals" ;)

TANJ

we will become a food planet.