Who else is excited for The Hunger Games : Catching Fire?!

NarutoFan100NarutoFan100 Posts: 4,178
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I am so excited! Out of all three books, the second was my favourite so i can not wait to see it!

Comments

• annie24601annie24601 Posts: 3,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me :) Loved the first 2 books and the 1st film. Looking forward to seeing what they will do with the 2nd film
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,290
    Forum Member
    It's the best book. So yeah, I'm looking forward to the film
  • SnowyfaceSnowyface Posts: 1,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So excited! Can't wait to see Sam Claflin as Finnick, who I love in the books :) Not sure about the guy they've cast as Beetee, not really what I pictured!

Can't wait though :D
    Forum Member
    I pictured Beetee as looking like Ronnie Corbett. Jeffrey Wright is a fine actor, but way too cool and suave to be Beetee, but hopefully he'll be alright.

Finnick is THE MAN. Best character in the second book.

"Want some sugar?"

lol
  • tinyangeltinyangel Posts: 1,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait, November is just too far away! :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    As long as they stick o the book, and not edit it to get a 12 rating again. It's a film about kids killing each other FFS. And since when did the ratings count... Batman was one of the first to get the new 12 rating and, as avery tall 8 yr old I went because my dad didn't want toto lone. Nd my shorter, but older,cousin was sooooo peed off!
  • tinyangeltinyangel Posts: 1,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As long as they stick o the book, and not edit it to get a 12 rating again. It's a film about kids killing each other FFS. And since when did the ratings count... Batman was one of the first to get the new 12 rating and, as avery tall 8 yr old I went because my dad didn't want toto lone. Nd my shorter, but older,cousin was sooooo peed off!

Well in Catching Fire it's no longer kids killing each other. Katniss and Peeta are the youngest now and they are 17. I just don't want them to cut out them sleeping together on the train. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am SO excited!! It was my favourite book out of the three.

After this one, ill be excited to see the last two films, but not quite AS excited. There's a lot of stuff in the last book I can't wait to watch.

Can't wait to see the arena though. And her mockingjay dress!
    Forum Member
    I'm looking forward to seeing the monkey mutts, which means that they'll probably cut the monkey mutts entirely out of the film
  • MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    Cannot wait also, in fact im re reading the 2nd book right now :)
  • tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was thinking of re-reading the books too :)
  • MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    I was thinking of re-reading the books too :)

Its just as good actually better cos you realise more you missed from speed reading the first time :)
    Forum Member
    Philip Seymour Hoffman as Plutarch

I like it.
  • GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to the arena too - this was the clock face one, wasn't it? Epically good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    I cannot wait to see how it looks on the big screen, especially the arena. I hope they do manage to keep the indie vibe from the previous movie though.
  • SnowyfaceSnowyface Posts: 1,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a449735/the-hunger-games-catching-fire-first-look-picture-of-katniss-finnick.html

Just seen this, practically tripled my excitement for the film! How am I going to wait all these months for it!? A lot of people are saying Sam has been terribly miscast as Finnick, but I actually think he looks pretty awesome! :D
  • DynopiaDynopia Posts: 1,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After developing such a huge crush on Josh Hutcherson, I'm no sure I can, because I don't think it's going to bold well for his character (who I fell in love with)
  • Magic_BeansMagic_Beans Posts: 387
    Forum Member
    I agree with one of the above posters; I imagined Beetee as a bumbling but intelligent middle aged-old man. (Also as white for some reason).

I imagined Enobaria as resembling Thandie Newton (Crash, Run Fatboy Run) so was plesantly surprised when they cast Meta Golding (sp?) as she looks pretty similar. I'm also wondering whether they will show Enobaria surviving at the end of the second movie or whether we will have to find out in the third.
  • LeightonismeLeightonisme Posts: 232
    Forum Member
    The hunger games was disappointing for me so it's put me off on Catching Fire.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    I guess we'll get to see how good Jennifer Lawrence is if she can make us believe that Katniss would be interested in Peeta. It doesn't help that Josh Hutcherson is about 5ft6 and is quite odd looking. The chemistry was absolutely non-existent in the first film.
  • KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    Me two! I'm just grumpy 'cos Katniss makes the wrong relationship choices :P
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
    Forum Member
    It's the best book. So yeah, I'm looking forward to the film

It is?

I'm part way through the second book and struggled with it to the point I started reading it just before the last film came out and I don't think I've touched it since.
    The first book I really got into quickly and read it in about two days, maybe three.
    The second book just seemed to drag on and on. I'm not even sure I'm a half way through yet. I may be at a third possibly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    It is?

I'm part way through the second book and struggled with it to the point I started reading it just before the last film came out and I don't think I've touched it since.
    The first book I really got into quickly and read it in about two days, maybe three.
    The second book just seemed to drag on and on. I'm not even sure I'm a half way through yet. I may be at a third possibly.

It takes a while to get going, but once it starts it really doesn't stop. I would say it's my favorite book of the trilogy and it does improve on a re-read.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I assumed they'd bring it out just before Summer holidays, but it's ages off.
  • chrono88chrono88 Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first film was pretty bad.