Michael Aspel's Children

RadioKnowerRadioKnower Posts: 2,272
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I remember watching a documentary on one of the digital channels a few years ago, about television personalty Michael Aspel and talking about how he was a notorious womaniser and had fathered lots of children with different women over the years.

He used his power to make sure they all gained high profile media jobs and I'm pretty sure a former Blue Peter presenter and a member of a boyband were amongst them.

Does anyone know if Aspel is still in contact with his children and have any more come into prominence since the original documentary aired?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 127
    Forum Member
    I remember watching a documentary on one of the digital channels a few years ago, about television personalty Michael Aspel and talking about how he was a notorious womaniser and had fathered lots of children with different women over the years.

He used his power to make sure they all gained high profile media jobs and I'm pretty sure a former Blue Peter presenter and a member of a boyband were amongst them.

Does anyone know if Aspel is still in contact with his children and have any more come into prominence since the original documentary aired?
    Forum Member

was this a spoof? i think you might be thinking of a spoof.
  • RadioKnowerRadioKnower Posts: 2,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it was.
    Forum Member
    :)it was called sex lies and michael aspel 2004 comedy just checked imdb:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :)it was called sex lies and michael aspel 2004 comedy just checked imdb:)
    I think that could have been a mistake. I don't think an experienced and respected broadcaster would mislead TV viewers like that. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    somebody ought to give the daily mail the heads up eh !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    somebody ought to give the daily mail the heads up eh !
    You can't believe everything you read in the paper. :rolleyes:
  • StockingfillerStockingfiller Posts: 3,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps the spoof writers picked on him just because he's been married three times and has seven children. Nothing illegal, has ever been hinted at.
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    are you serious? it was a spoof they did one with dale winton getting married and neil morrissey making a skin cream that reverses thre aging process
  • Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    This thread :D
  • gregsanisongregsanison Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aspel is just like Pauline Quirke - two cockneys!
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    are you serious? it was a spoof they did one with dale winton getting married and neil morrissey making a skin cream that reverses thre aging process

what's that old saying 'no smoke without fire' :D:D what's happened to Dale Winton these days:cool:
  • pinkpowerrangerpinkpowerranger Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember this my, brother in law was also convinced it was real :D
  • Misty08Misty08 Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My father was also convinced it was real. There are alot of gullible people about. Yes, let me reiterate what has been said above - this programme was a spoof.
  • GwylfaGwylfa Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He did leave his wife and children ( one of which was disabled) for a woman who appeared in a soap (Mrs Hewitt?).
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Mrs Hewitt was Arthur Fowlers bit on the side, im sure.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gwylfa wrote: »
    He did leave his wife and children ( one of which was disabled) for a woman who appeared in a soap (Mrs Hewitt?).

Mrs Hewitt was his real-life wife for many years - and he went on to leave her for another woman! They've never divorced though.

He's obviously got previous form for it.
  • southladsouthlad Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that could have been a mistake. I don't think an experienced and respected broadcaster would mislead TV viewers like that. :rolleyes:

How could you not tell it was a spoof?? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. Spoof. I am getting less surprised at peoples gullibility on here.
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Misty08 wrote: »
    My father was also convinced it was real. There are alot of gullible people about. Yes, let me reiterate what has been said above - this programme was a spoof.

It was clearly a spoof at the time. I cannot believe there are people that believe it was true? :confused:
  • BeabarbBeabarb Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    I'm afraid it was a spoof - I seem to remember he "married" Nell McAndrews!
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't the spoof try and make out he'd had an affair with Pamela Anderson?
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-475878/Michael-Aspels-revenge-autocuties.html

One clue to Michael's ability to laugh at himself was the 2003 BBC Three spoof documentary Sex, Lies And Michael Aspel.

"The idea was that I'd had about 30 children by famous women like Jan Leeming, Valerie Singleton, Pamela Anderson and Angie Best. We didn't script it and there were clues that it was a spoof, but I got tons of hate mail.

"One man approached me in the street and said: 'I wept for you last night.' I couldn't correct him so I thanked him and went on my way

http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/tvandradioblog/2008/apr/02/michaelaspelslifeinyoutube

6. Sending himself up brilliantly in the Zelig-esque spoof documentary Sex, Lies and Michael Aspel.
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of Michael Aspel's sons, went to a Disabled Residential College i was at
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 33,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When i read the thread title, i thought, not another JS :p