EE - I don't care what anyone says...

dantay24ukdantay24uk Posts: 2,558
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Eastenders is great at the moment!

Sure it has it's problems, sure it's been better in the past but right now the programme is extremely watch-able! People might moan about the Brannings but they've been on form since Christmas and it maybe a bit much at times but they are by far the most interesting family on the Square at the moment.

The Masoods have been over-saturated in the past but right now, it's just right, and I for one really like Ayesha. I'm loving Roxy and Alfie, the friendship between Bianca and Kat have been interesting and even though it's been rather Branning centric recently there has been more of a community feel to the show again. In the Vic this week we've had Kat, Bianca, Billy, Jack, Sharon and Dot, all who aren't part of the big storyline of the week but simply there to create more of a community feel. It's been a LONG time since we've had multiple characters just filling the bar, usually it's just extras and the likes of Winston.

And Tuesday's episode was fantastic! Some top draw stuff from Jake Wood, Jo Joyner and Kierston Wareing. And finally Tanya grew some balls and chucked out Max. Hopefully this is the end of the their toxic relationship for at least a few years. I do like Max and Tanya together but they need some time apart.

And before people start, talking about the inevitable Max/Tanya reunion, I'd just like to refer to other iconic couples who have been back on, back off for years. Couples splitting up, getting back together, splitting up and then getting back together isn't anything new! Look at Pat & Frank, Phil and Sharon, Bradley and Stacey - all had reunions and breakups and no one moaned as much as some on here. Newflash! It's not anything we've not seen before and when a couple have the type of chemistry that Max and Tanya, it's not surprise they're pushed back together eventually!

But all in all. It's been good. I'm enjoying my Eastenders again!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    While I don't agree with EE being great, it's good that you don't care what anyone says :) And for what it's worth I'm glad you're enjoying it. :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,836
    Forum Member
    dantay24uk wrote: »
    Eastenders is great at the moment!

Sure it has it's problems, sure it's been better in the past but right now the programme is extremely watch-able! People might moan about the Brannings but they've been on form since Christmas and it maybe a bit much at times but they are by far the most interesting family on the Square at the moment.

The Masoods have been over-saturated in the past but right now, it's just right, and I for one really like Ayesha. I'm loving Roxy and Alfie, the friendship between Bianca and Kat have been interesting and even though it's been rather Branning centric recently there has been more of a community feel to the show again. In the Vic this week we've had Kat, Bianca, Billy, Jack, Sharon and Dot, all who aren't part of the big storyline of the week but simply there to create more of a community feel. It's been a LONG time since we've had multiple characters just filling the bar, usually it's just extras and the likes of Winston.

And Tuesday's episode was fantastic! Some top draw stuff from Jake Wood, Jo Joyner and Kierston Wareing. And finally Tanya grew some balls and chucked out Max. Hopefully this is the end of the their toxic relationship for at least a few years. I do like Max and Tanya together but they need some time apart.

And before people start, talking about the inevitable Max/Tanya reunion, I'd just like to refer to other iconic couples who have been back on, back off for years. Couples splitting up, getting back together, splitting up and then getting back together isn't anything new! Look at Pat & Frank, Phil and Sharon, Bradley and Stacey - all had reunions and breakups and no one moaned as much as some on here. Newflash! It's not anything we've not seen before and when a couple have the type of chemistry that Max and Tanya, it's not surprise they're pushed back together eventually!

But all in all. It's been good. I'm enjoying my Eastenders again!

Bradley and Stacey yet - but then they were a crap couple too and very repetitive.

Phil and Sharon no: they were never a couple in the 90s; and in 2001 they got tgoether then broke up and havent been together since. So not the same at all.

Frank and Pat - yes, but they had LONG periods in-between. Hell - Pat had a whole relationship that many even preferred to Frank (not me, always thought Roy was a drip). The same cannot be said for Max and Tanya - Vanessa and greg were plot devices and nothing more.

What I think people object to is the swiftness of the merrigo-round. It started with Shannis - and was just about bearable there - but even then was the weakest part of that storyline.

EE greatest couple, Den and Ange, once they split that was it. EE should learn from that.
  • Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm still enjoying EastEnders.
  • broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The storylines arent very interesting and drag on. There is a lack of originality and imagination with ln.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone on DS showing some positivity :eek:

Good for you OP :cool:
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I won't give up on the show but it's far from great at the moment.
  • BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    I have a problem with EE at the moment because of all the affairs/love triangles. Can the producers/writers not think of any other storylines? It's so depressing.
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,217
    Forum Member
    I am still enjoying it as well, I luv EE and always will, it isn't perfect and has it's problems, like the Lola/Phil storyline, noway would Phil get Lexi, that is stupid, but apart from that I still think EE is the best soap by a landslide, it has the best set of Actors/actresses in any soap, imo. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Filiman wrote: »
    Bradley and Stacey yet - but then they were a crap couple too and very repetitive.

Phil and Sharon no: they were never a couple in the 90s; and in 2001 they got tgoether then broke up and havent been together since. So not the same at all.

Frank and Pat - yes, but they had LONG periods in-between. Hell - Pat had a whole relationship that many even preferred to Frank (not me, always thought Roy was a drip). The same cannot be said for Max and Tanya - Vanessa and greg were plot devices and nothing more.

What I think people object to is the swiftness of the merrigo-round. It started with Shannis - and was just about bearable there - but even then was the weakest part of that storyline.

EE greatest couple, Den and Ange, once they split that was it. EE should learn from that.

wasnt that because she left though? I think it would've been a far different story if she's stayed on the show...

Also didn't their endless merry-go-round drag on for like 3 years or something?
  • The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totem_Bern wrote: »
    wasnt that because she left though? I think it would've been a far different story if she's stayed on the show...

Also didn't their endless merry-go-round drag on for like 3 years or something?

yeah but its was silly of the previous EP of EE, Mr Kirkwood to say that he compared Max and Tanya to Den and Angie when as Filiman pointed out, never kept getting back together!
  • kenny7kenny7 Posts: 1,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm quite liking it at the moment, but that might be because I like the Brannings which not many people on this forum do!
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Great way to open a debate.:rolleyes:
  • bumpandgrindbumpandgrind Posts: 12,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm also enjoying it at the moment and also think the Max / Tanya split could be permanent this time. Kirkwood kept comparing them to Den and Angie whereas I feel Newman isn't quite so convinced of this.
  • ferdybookgeekferdybookgeek Posts: 692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm enjoying it but only because I like the build up to Max and Tanya's inevitable split. I hope they never get back together.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm enjoying it but only because I like the build up to Max and Tanya's inevitable split. I hope they never get back together.

Yeah, they need to stay separated.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »

Great way to open a debate.:rolleyes:

:D:D:D

Must admit, I chuckled at that thread title.
  • maggiekmaggiek Posts: 2,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D:D

Must admit, I chuckled at that thread title.

Me, too. :D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised so many think this will permanently split Max and Tanya. :eek: In my opinion for their standards this isn't an issue to lead to a permanent split :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kenny7 wrote: »
    I'm surprised so many think this will permanently split Max and Tanya. :eek: In my opinion for their standards this isn't an issue to lead to a permanent split :p

Unfortunately :( That's why I can't take the couple seriously.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    I am not what might be described as a hard core soap fan - I watch sporadically, and recently have gotten into watching Eastenders again a bit more regularly. I therefore have no desire to 'defend' any soap doggedly.

However, I'm amazed by the extent to which posters on this forum seem to think that they represent the majority if people who watch soaps. They absolutely do not. They are much more invested, and much more highly critical.

The fact of the matter is that probably eight or nine million people watch Eastenders, and enjoy it, without much further ado. They like the Brannings! The family are at the centre of the most dramatic story lines, and are made up of some of the show's most talented actors. All of the comments on this forum, to the effect of, 'everyone hates Eastenders, I hope the writers know it's on the verge of total failure, I wonder if the actors are aware how much standards have slipped' etc are almost amusing, so disconnected are they from the reality outside if this forum.
  • NewExampleNewExample Posts: 1,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well they didn't win the NTA did they. Mind you, David Witts won best newcomer over Natalie Gumede for his 'looks' it appears, so it's hardly fair.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maurice45 wrote: »
    Unfortunately :( That's why I can't take the couple seriously.

They should have just kept them together after using Greg and Vanessa to get them back with each other. Max's secret should have been something totally unrelated to women for a change.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should have just kept them together after using Greg and Vanessa to get them back with each other. Max's secret should have been something totally unrelated to women for a change.

If only, eh? :D

I was kind of hoping it had more to do with the thugs, or the Lithuanian gang Derek mentioned having a row with in Manchester.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maurice45 wrote: »
    If only, eh? :D

I was kind of hoping it had more to do with the thugs, or the Lithuanian gang Derek mentioned having a row with in Manchester.

Yeah that would have been a lot better, them storming the Branning household on Christmas Day :D Still get the powerful scenes with Jo and Jake too.

Don't really get how paying off thugs fits in with Kirsty but hey what do I know :D
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:eek: You mean make him a three dimensional character who has more than sex on his mind?

Unbelievable! :p

Even when Tanya was suffering with cancer he was whinging because she wasn't giving him a shag.