MD1500MD1500 Posts: 14,234
Forum Member
✭✭
Found this at Sainsbury's Entertainment

If you use this discount code: SETENS12R

Wii U White costs £229.99
Wii U Black costs £269.99
Wii U Zombi U pack costs £296.99

http://www.sainsburysentertainment.co.uk/en/Wii-U/Wii-U-Consoles/category.html?category=games/wiiu/wiiuconsoles#

Disclaimer: I've never actually used this site before, so don't know if they're reliable.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately it looks like they've put a stop to this coupon. Tried to order the Wii U Black and got "Your order could not be created, the applied voucher is no longer valid and was removed. Please check the basket and click the "Send Order" button again.".
  • technoflaretechnoflare Posts: 2,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Worked for me. Just place my order for the Wii U Black at £269.99. Now got to break it to the wife!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder whether the code is for your first order then? I have placed an order at Sainsburys Entertainment before, so that might explain it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i did join up at this time, not used them before so maybe so....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, Sainsbury's Entertainment vouchers are nearly always first time user vouchers.

And as usual the muppets don't restrict consoles.
  • CoolboyACoolboyA Posts: 10,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/wii-u-uk-prices-game-amazon-1310912#post15482826

Basic: £229.99 (Zavvi)
    Premium: £254.99 (Expansys)
    ZombiU: £299.99 (Zavvi)
  • crimez83crimez83 Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    Careful - when I was putting the Expansys order through, the price change to TBA. I've cancelled it an gone for the Sainsburys one to be on the safe side.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sainsburys looks the best deal at the moment. Cant wait to get my hands on it....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    Yep - Sainsburys all the way for me!

Cannot wait - although the wife insists it cant be opened until xmas day :cry:

Gone for the zombie u bundle

Just need to order

Black ops 2
    Mario U

Only thing worrying me is after placing the preorder I had get card replaced as it snapped! Rang sainsburys and asked if this would be a problem as expirt date etc would be different- bloke on the phone said it shouldnt be a problem!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I ordered mine at The Hut at £275 and just received an interesting e-mail. The e-mail is a thank you for pre-ordering the Wii U and gives a list of reasons to keep my pre-order with them. Each week they will be sending out a special coupon which lets you pre-order a game at a certain price, this week it's Sports Connection for £19.95. They will also give £20 worth of vouchers when the console ships.

I had also pre-ordered it for £255 at Expansys with a view to cancelling The Hut order, but I think I'll keep it at The Hut now. The game prices at The Hut look pretty good too.
  • Jamesollier18Jamesollier18 Posts: 1,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know if anyone has seen this video from this guy laughing my head off

Just a warning there is some very bad lanugage used by this guy in the video - so don't watch if your ears don't like that sort of thing:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkdqL2rhWns&feature=related
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member

Just a warning there is some very bad lanugage used by this guy in the video - so don't watch if your ears don't like that sort of thing:

That guy's got issues, whether he's acting or not :(
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    I saw a video of him a while back raging at the Diablo 3 servers. He just seems to hate everything (besides the odd pie or 2)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thouht he was having a heart attack half way through - Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U:D
  • ScrubberScrubber Posts: 4,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Bit of a wierdo but quite funny ha.

He will feature in a future episode of South Park, calling it now.
  • ScrubberScrubber Posts: 4,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Toys'R'Us is the cheapest i can find the ZombiU bundle. Will keep looking as the weeks go by.

Until i came across it i didn't even realise T'R'U still existed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a Swedish store now has a price on the premium pack with zombi u + nintendoland at £469... it will probably drop, but they seem to think both games are supposed to be in the bundle... no idea if the pro controller is even in this "deal".:confused::eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheHut emailed another game coupon for people with Wii U pre-orders there this week: Rayman Legends for £19.95. I am quite glad I pre-ordered there with these coupons.

They're doing these for the next five weeks, so that should save me some money (of course I'm probably buying games I wouldn't have otherwise bought! :D).
  • MoggioMoggio Posts: 4,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bandos wrote: »
    That guy's got issues, whether he's acting or not :(

Francis is a parody. Out of character Boogie is actually a really sweet guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiMi3soE6bk&feature=share&list=PLFFB0A21244785A2D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Hut price now gone up to £299 for Black U with Land. :-( Was about to jump to them with the coupons.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    This site is showing GameStop as having the Premium Pack (the one with nitendoland) as being £289, so that's a tenner cheaper than the £299 mentioned for The Hut, not that The Hut seems to be doing the normal deluxe pack at the moment, just the Zombi one.

http://www.wiiu4u.co.uk/wii-u-premium-pack

What do you lot think of these price checker sites? Any good? can't seem to find better prices by looking direct, but maybe my Google-Fu is weak?? No coupons at this one :-( but at least you get all the current prices.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    will the games come down in price for goodness sake £44.99 no chance buying it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Can you think of any console launch where the games haven't been at a higher price at first
  • DavonatorDavonator Posts: 4,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's just an old trick thats pulled at every console launch. Publishers know that on launch day there are few launch titles, and that all those excited new people with their shiny new console are going to want a game or two to play on it after hey pick it up.

Therefore they charge full whack because they can. I think it's highly unlikely Wii games will be sold for £44.99 normally, only during the launch window.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 410
    Forum Member
    I had a 10% off code for Zavvi so i have manged to get New Super Mario Bros U for £35 which isnt too bad. Code is as follows:

2591-8757-4772