Song I want on us iTunes

clarky323clarky323 Posts: 10,841
Forum Member
✭✭
hi guys, there is a song I really want to download from iTunes but it is only available in the us store, I tried to sign into my account on the us store but I wasn't allowed. I'm sure I remember someone telling me once (a worker in HMV I think it was!) you can get music from the us store somehow

so is there any way? thanks :)

Comments

• FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    There is no way

Unless you know a way to get a US Itunes Card
  • clarky323clarky323 Posts: 10,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is no way

Unless you know a way to get a US Itunes Card

okay never mind, I'll just listen to it on YouTube and wait until its released in the UK....if it gets released in the UK :(
  • ashtray88ashtray88 Posts: 1,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You'd think the internet would make country specific release dates irrelevant right? Apparently not...
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    I wonder if one day there'll be a worldwide iTunes store. But it probably be complicated because of all the different currencies and different laws in each country.
  • GagaKeshaMinajGagaKeshaMinaj Posts: 524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What song is it out of interest? ;)
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    ashtray88 wrote: »
    You'd think the internet would make country specific release dates irrelevant right? Apparently not...
    Eric_Blob wrote: »
    I wonder if one day there'll be a worldwide iTunes store. But it probably be complicated because of all the different currencies and different laws in each country.

That'll most likely never happen, due to charts, currencies and different laws and release patterns (as in OA/OS worldwide, 6-week wait in UK)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What song is it out of interest? ;)

Angie Miller - You Set me Free

she finished 3rd on American Idol a couple of weeks ago and released an original song which she sang on the show, she's gonna sing it with Jessie J on her (Jessie's) UK tour so maybe it will be released over here one day!
  • readbythemoonreadbythemoon Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    YouTube *cough* downloader *cough"
  • thats_racistthats_racist Posts: 1,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clarky323 wrote: »
    Angie Miller - You Set me Free

she finished 3rd on American Idol a couple of weeks ago and released an original song which she sang on the show, she's gonna sing it with Jessie J on her (Jessie's) UK tour so maybe it will be released over here one day!

I knew it would be this one! :D I keep checking the UK store just in case it appears.

I'd rather not illegally download it before anybody suggests it :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I knew it would be this one! :D I keep checking the UK store just in case it appears.

I'd rather not illegally download it before anybody suggests it :D

fingers crossed it appears soon!!

looks like someone already has suggested it, and he needs to get some Benilyn :rolleyes:
  • siriusrosesiriusrose Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't check atm but does our amazon maybe have it? Sometimes it has songs iTunes doesn't sell. Not sure if this is one but it's worth a quick look.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    siriusrose wrote: »
    I can't check atm but does our amazon maybe have it? Sometimes it has songs iTunes doesn't sell. Not sure if this is one but it's worth a quick look.

no its not, thanks for the suggestion though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    It takes awhile but I made an American email address then created an iTunes account using the whitehouse address then got a $50 iTunes card from EBay and have been doing this regularly for a year now and can get all songs easily :)
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not even on Spotify, must be a rare one.

Hope you get it soon though.
  • Dr. LinusDr. Linus Posts: 6,445
    Forum Member
    MrFYE94 wrote: »
    It takes awhile but I made an American email address then created an iTunes account using the whitehouse address then got a $50 iTunes card from EBay and have been doing this regularly for a year now and can get all songs easily :)

.... that doesn't sound too legal.
  • Dr. LinusDr. Linus Posts: 6,445
    Forum Member
    It's not even on Spotify, must be a rare one.

Hope you get it soon though.

Spotify's catalogue is nothing compared to iTunes. It normally works the other way round - if it's not on iTunes, it definitely won't be on Spotify.