A taste of my life with Paul O'grady and Liz Smith

cal4751cal4751 Posts: 996
Forum Member
✭✭
I haven't watched any of these before, Just found out it's on 2.45pm this afternoon on BBC2.

As it's got three of my favourites on there. Liz Smith, Paul O'grady and Ricky Tomlinson.

Should be a laugh.

Comments

• chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it new? I thought Liz was long retired now.
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i have seen this before, i have no reason to watch it again
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,541
    Forum Member
    I think Paul is only in it for a short while but should be good. I have watched a few of these as not seen them before. Most have a few guests on.

John Barrowman was brilliant as was Timmy Spall who was on last week.

It makes you sooooo hungry tho :D
  • cal4751cal4751 Posts: 996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it new? I thought Liz was long retired now.

I just Googled it and this was recorded 2008. Yes Liz Smith is retired now, but such a lovely lady. She didn't start acting till she was 50. She had a sad start in life, and though her childhood and later on in life.,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    I think Paul is only in it for a short while but should be good. I have watched a few of these as not seen them before. Most have a few guests on.

John Barrowman was brilliant as was Timmy Spall who was on last week.

It makes you sooooo hungry tho :D

I love listening to ll those old ways in cooking. Yes I know what you mean about feeling hungry. Just off to raid the fridge. ;)
    Forum Member
    cal4751 wrote: »
    I love listening to ll those old ways in cooking. Yes I know what you mean about feeling hungry. Just off to raid the fridge. ;)

I time my dinner when I watch this so i am eating when they do :D

Mmmm chocolate cake :eek:
    Forum Member
    I just Googled it and this was recorded 2008. Yes Liz Smith is retired now, but such a lovely lady. She didn't start acting till she was 50. She had a sad start in life, and though her childhood and later on in life.,

I keep meaning to get her book. She was such a pretty little girl.
    Forum Member
    Nanna = Selfish of bags :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I keep meaning to get her book. She was such a pretty little girl.

Yes she was a lovely child. She could have been in an advert for pears Soap in her day.

Not knowing my grandparents. I would have loved her as a Granny.
    Yes I think her book would be worth reading.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nanna = Selfish of bags :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I missed that bit as my online shop will be coming soon, so I'am in and out of the living room. but recording it to watch it properly later.
    Forum Member
    Yes she was a lovely child. She could have been in an advert for pears Soap in her day.

Not knowing my grandparents. I would have loved her as a Granny.
    Yes I think her book would be worth reading.

I just ordered it from my library.

What a great nan she would be :D

She reminds me of what my mum was like a few years before she died..... Said things she shouldn't have :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just ordered it from my library.

What a great nan she would be :D

She reminds me of what my mum was like a few years before she died..... Said things she shouldn't have :o

I bet that will be a good read, might get one myself.

My Mum passed away 5 years ago, a kind lady but too much protective over me. I shouldn't have complained as there's many children out there desperate for love. Mum was very jealous, basically wanting me all to herself. me being the only child, I so much wanted a brother or sister.. Then there was the guilt factor.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I met Liz Smith at a booksigning to promote her second book, 5yrs or so ago. Both of her books are very, very readable. When I met her, she was as lovely as I'd expect her to be.
  • MRSgotobedMRSgotobed Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met Liz Smith at a booksigning to promote her second book, 5yrs or so ago. Both of her books are very, very readable. When I met her, she was as lovely as I'd expect her to be.

There are not many people I would like to meet, but Liz Smith is a lady whom it would have been a pleasure to have met.
    The last time I saw Liz Smith on Tv, was in a series called The Young Ones, where she and some other well known faces stayed in a house and were given ways to overcome some of the problems of aging.
    It was lovely watching this episode of Taste Of my life again. She is so interesting, I could listen to her all day.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I regret having missed The Young Ones. I read about it after it had been shown, and it sounded fascinating and quite revealing.

I hope Liz is happy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember watching her a few years back when she went on a cruise, it was repeated a while back too.

She is now in sheltered accomodation. She was saying how when she lived at home she was so lonely, but at the sheltered home when she's gone out somewhere, there is always people there she can tell how her day went.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/proginfo/tv/2009/wk28/feature_grey_expectations.shtml