What happened Rachel McAdams?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,106
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I remember in 2004 and 2005 she was at one point one of the top actresses in Hollywood even a source named as the next Julia Roberts at one point. First came on to the scene in Mean Girls gained her notice then among other movies were The Notebook, Red Eye, The Family Stone and Wedding Crashers. Really thought after 2005 she'd be an unstoppable force and would even be an Academy Award nominee by now or even couple nominations.

I thought 2005 was her year and would even gain her at least an Academy Award nomination for a movie like Red Eye she did considering she did so great in that one. Didn't even get one. When you like at the winners at the Oscars like Reese Whiterspoon, Marion Cotillard, Sandra Bullock, Natalie Portman to name a few that have one do you really think they're better than her?

I know that she took a bit of break for a bit but do you think her break hurt her momentum a little bit?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has been around but not as much as her The Notebook days. She was the lead in Morning Glory in 2011, which unfortunately tanked. Last year, she did The Vow, which was a big box office hit (as much as I like McAdams, I didn't like the film). More recently, she was around the festival circuit, promoting Passion with Noomi Rapace.

I highly doubt her break would hurt her momentum at all. In fact, I think she has a great chance to make more successful films and even make the awards circuit.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her film roles let her down. Anyone who does continuous rom-com's hasn't got a hope in ever getting any award under their belt. The academy look down on them and they normally contain poor scripts and average acting.

There are much better actresses than her that have yet to generate any awards/nominations.