Last Movie You Watched? (Part 6)

Comments

• bordersboybordersboy Posts: 518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A Royal Affair 9/10

Danish film about a crazy king and his queen that hires him a doctor...who she ends up having it off qoth. Beautifully shot and a story line that is fairly predictable but nonetheless is still wonderfully told. O did not expect to like it as much as I did. Would recommend to anyone who hasthe brain power to watch a film in another language and read the subtitles at the same time!
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Machete [2010]. Directors: Robert Rodriguez and Ethan Maniquis

3/10

Parody of an exploitation movie is just a poor exploitation movie. They should have just done the trailer.
  • emmageeringemmageering Posts: 5,146
    Forum Member
    The Gay Divorce (1934) - 8/10
  • NickelbackNickelback Posts: 23,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Under Siege - 6/10
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Misery [1990]. Director: Rob Reiner

5/10

Reiner fails to match the heights of "Stand by Me" in this routine psycho thriller from Stephen King's novel.
  • NickelbackNickelback Posts: 23,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Murder Without Conviction - 8/10
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heathers staring Christian Slater and Winona Ryder.

This film is a little dated now, but its a classic film (IMHO). Love it. 9/10
  • LMLM Posts: 63,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And the beat goes on: The sonny and cher story

For a small budget tv movie from about 10 years ago, it was really good. The actress who played Cher nailed her phenomenally. Looks, voice and just small mannerisms that Cher does
  • sinbad8982sinbad8982 Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cleanskin with Sean Bean 7/10

Suprisingly good, a bit like an updated version of the old Sly actioner Nighthawks
  • MirelaMirela Posts: 1,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tried watching ExistenZ on Netflix there, but I can't be bothered watching the rest later - I'm a sci-fi fan, but what I saw wasn't sci-fi (a video game set in a drab world?) enough for my taste. So, no rating.
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    Mirela wrote: »
    Tried watching ExistenZ on Netflix there, but I can't be bothered watching the rest later - I'm a sci-fi fan, but what I saw wasn't sci-fi (a video game set in a drab world?) enough for my taste. So, no rating.

Saw it a while back - not bothering with the rest is a very wise decision. Utterly dire movie,
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    Young Adult, with Charlize Theron. Dark comedy, I thought it was quite good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Orcs! [2011]. Director: James MacPherson

2/10

Cheap monster movie rubbish. A shame the Tolkien estate couldn't stop this being made.
  • DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    Real Steel
    Good friday night film for the kids
    5/10
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Burke & Hare [2010]. Director: John Landis

7/10

Enjoyable dark comedy.
  • Black VelvetBlack Velvet Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched on Channel 5 the other night a film called Untraceable. Had me on the edge of my seat. Good film but scarey!
  • adamo8adamo8 Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    The Stepfather - 7/10 - Really enjoyed it. some of the acting was a bit wooden.

The Stepfather (2009) - 7/10 - Really enjoyed the remake. The stepfather character was acted brilliant.

Resident Evil 5 - 5/10 - Decent film. more about the Action then pushing the story further.
  • SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest: Had been meaning for years to get round to seeing this and finally got it through LoveFilm. I can see why it's so highly regarded and Nicholson is excellent, but I just got a little bored of it once the inmates were back in the hospital after their fishing trip. I thought the relationship between Mac and The Chief was really well developed though, and thought the ending was sad. 7/10
  • KathyFan12KathyFan12 Posts: 421
    Forum Member
    The Polar Express (2004)

10/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Just watched Revenge with Kevin Costner, Madeleine Stowe and Anthony Quinn..Great film for a Friday Night :D Sad ending :cry: , not seen it for years 9/10
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen Die Another Day it started of a bit slow but then got better after the hour passed so give it a 6 out of 10.
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Bourne Legacy. 7/10.

Fun enough but I can't see me re-watching this which I can with the 'original' trilogy.
  • pjayem1964pjayem1964 Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    On Netflix.

Hope Springs (Colin Firth film) 6/10
    Mary & Max 10/10
    La Vie En Rose 10/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    The Seventh Sign (1988) 6/10 A ho hum thriller about the biblical end of the world which is prophesied in the book of Revelations. Both signs and portents mean Gods wrath is about the smite the world this is because there are no more souls left to those who are yet to be born, (Why he cant create a few more isn't explained!). Anyway an angel is trying to help Demi Moores pregnant character break the chain of events, even though he's the one unleashing the signs, and a priest whose actually an immortal Roman is trying to make sure God gets his way! Basically the Omen from Gods point of view! :yawn:
  • Harper_MilneHarper_Milne Posts: 2,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sucker Punch
    10/10 Best movie I've seen in ages.
This discussion has been closed.