Can I insist on a Morning or Afternoon only appointment?

HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I am having a Superhub installed next week but I have only been offered an all day appointment.

I thought all companies had to give you a morning or afternoon appointment nowadays? I really can't be taking off a whole day off work.

Comments

• HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone asked for a morning or afternoon one and got it? Want some leverage before I ring up again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always been offered a morning or an afternoon slot with Virgin.
  • BenMcr77BenMcr77 Posts: 6,573
    Forum Member
    Manned installs can have a morning or afternoon slot, but the self install delivery for the SuperHub swap is all day only
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BenMcr77 wrote: »
    Manned installs can have a morning or afternoon slot, but the self install delivery for the SuperHub swap is all day only

It's going to be a manned install.

So think I will ring back and ask for a morning or afternoon, thanks.
  • dadioflexdadioflex Posts: 1,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I had my Superhub installed I arranged it via the website and was given my choice of day and am or pm. Same thing when I had to have my phone looked at a fortnight ago. I'm actually pretty impressed with the service from VM.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dadioflex wrote: »
    When I had my Superhub installed I arranged it via the website and was given my choice of day and am or pm. Same thing when I had to have my phone looked at a fortnight ago. I'm actually pretty impressed with the service from VM.

Thanks, I will have a look at the website.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    There are also 10am to 2pm slots available.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought I was having an engineer around, which is what I asked for, but apparently its self install...and they will only give me an all day appointment.

Virgin used a company called Yodel to deliver them. Have given them my mobile number, as I only work a mile away from where I live. I can only take the afternoon off work, so am hoping they ring me when they are delivering it.
  • powarpowar Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    I wish you every bit of luck with Yodel. Awful service in every sense.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    powar wrote: »

Oh great! Let's hope I am one of the minority that gets good service on Friday then.
  • Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,330
    Forum Member
    powar wrote: »

To be fair, while I know how appalling bad Yodel (previously HDN) are, in the few cases I've had stuff delivered via Yodel it's been absolutely excellent.

But as it's mostly done by private individuals (in their own vehicles) the quality of service varies massively.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    I have always been given a choice of morning or afternoon from what I recall. You can also go to my Virgin Media online and change dates/times of appointments.
  • BenMcr77BenMcr77 Posts: 6,573
    Forum Member
    I have always been given a choice of morning or afternoon from what I recall. You can also go to my Virgin Media online and change dates/times of appointments.
    That's for attended appointments - not delivery ones
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    When I had my superhub delivered by Yodel it took three attempts for it to be delivered. The first time they left it by the front door - it snowed and I came home to a soggy box and superhub. The next time I've got no idea what happened as it just never turned up (I suspect they left it by the front door again and it got stolen by my neighbours from hell opposite). When I rang Virgin Media about delivery of a third superhub I asked them to send it by Royal Mail and after a lot of huffing and puffing they did and it turned up two days later.

With Yodel it depends entirely on the delivery driver so you might be lucky.