Do women have magical powers?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
Forum Member
This is probably more inclined to the men on the forum.

I have just spent the good part of 15 minutes trying to put new bedding onto my sheets, as well as four pillows that I have on my bed. Would that have been my mother, or even my grandmother, it would have been done in 3 minutes flat. I use the ghost method. I turn my quilt inside out, put my arms into the corners of the sheet, grab the corners of the quilt, and pull it through. I've just spent 10 minutes stood like a ghost in my own bedroom trying to do this.

Furthermore, I'd like to question a woman's mystical powers of location. For weeks over Christmas I spent hours sifting through the paper work and the junk in my old bedroom, trying to find the paper part to my driving license. I eventually gave up and forgot about it, until I remembered this morning and asked my mum if she could have a look. Within 5 minutes, she had found it. Witchcraft? Sorcery? I just don't know.

Comments

• CitizenofPhobosCitizenofPhobos Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ..I was hoping this was going to be erotically charged and there you are with quilts.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm convinced my old partner worshipped the Devil and practised dark magic .
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They definitely have the power to see things in the fridge which are invisible to men !!!

I couldn't see our team's milk carton for toffee the other day, when a woman from a different floor just glanced in and said "Team 10A you said, there you go babe" and had produced it within 1 second.

Scary abilities !!!
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    We can bleed continually for several days without dying :cool:

Muahahahahaha!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    Electra wrote: »
    We can bleed continually for several days without dying :cool:

Muahahahahaha!

Believe me, so can men. However, we bleed from our ears on account of the demonic screeching. ;)
  • Pandora 9Pandora 9 Posts: 2,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ha ha :D
  • Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RemyClarke wrote: »
    I have just spent the good part of 15 minutes trying to put new bedding onto my sheets, as well as four pillows that I have on my bed. Would that have been my mother, or even my grandmother, it would have been done in 3 minutes flat. I use the ghost method. I turn my quilt inside out, put my arms into the corners of the sheet, grab the corners of the quilt, and pull it through. I've just spent 10 minutes stood like a ghost in my own bedroom trying to do this.

I'm a women and I do this! I'm hopeless, seriously.

I figured I'd one day grow out of the whole "turn yourself into a duvet cover ghost" thing and be able to change the bed in a lady like way, with the efficiency and grace of my Mother.

Sadly, at nearly 24 I think that ship may have sailed.
  • SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a male who can make a bed in under a minute. hang your head in shame.
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SJ_Mental wrote: »

So can my son. It's funny, but sleeping on a giant fabric sausage doesn't seem to bother him! :p
  • varialectiovarialectio Posts: 2,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a male, what is this thing you do with beds called "making"? :D
  • maidinscotlandmaidinscotland Posts: 5,648
    Forum Member

You are either gay or were in the army! :D
  • macsmurraymacsmurray Posts: 2,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So can I. I'm not gay and I was never in the army, I was just taught these useful things from a young age to help me in later life. Plus IT'S NOT DIFFICULT.
  • ROWLING2010ROWLING2010 Posts: 3,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They'll have the Ministry of Magic after them if the reveal it to all you muggle men :p
  • Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My OH is much better at putting bedding on the bed than I am, I get in a right mess with it. He used to be in the TA and I think that's where he learned to do it quickly and easily. I usually just do the pillowcases. :o
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Women clearly do have magical powers, what with being the superior gender 'n all :)

And I can do the quilt thing quite easily ..
  • Scott PoplarScott Poplar Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    Yes they clearly have magical powers due to the amount of them who put their bins out thinking it is collection day tomorrow
  • ClunkClunk Posts: 3,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are either gay or were in the army! :D

Err, clearly not, as I can do the same and have never been in the army... oh wait, the gay thing....

I have nothing, moving on !!!! :D:D:D
  • Stormwave UKStormwave UK Posts: 5,088
    Forum Member
    I'm really good at bed making, but finding things is her domain.

I can spend hours looking for something, and it takes my wife a minute. It's really annoying.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,195
    Forum Member
    klendathu wrote: »
    I'm convinced my old partner worshipped the Devil and practised dark magic .

How is the Baroness doing down there?
  • Hut27Hut27 Posts: 1,673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely Magic, She brings up things in minute detail and word for word things that happened 20-30yrs ago always in an argument.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    I'm really good at bed making, but finding things is her domain.

I can spend hours looking for something, and it takes my wife a minute. It's really annoying.

I don't know how they do it. Witchcraft I tell ya!
  • Stormwave UKStormwave UK Posts: 5,088
    Forum Member
    It is scary, she always finds it with the comment "You're rubbish at looking for stuff". I am :(
  • flower 2flower 2 Posts: 13,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    They definitely have the power to see things in the fridge which are invisible to men !!!

I couldn't see our team's milk carton for toffee the other day, when a woman from a different floor just glanced in and said "Team 10A you said, there you go babe" and had produced it within 1 second.

Scary abilities !!!

OMG I am a witch..
  • flower 2flower 2 Posts: 13,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hut27 wrote: »
    Definitely Magic, She brings up things in minute detail and word for word things that happened 20-30yrs ago always in an argument.:D

OMG I am a witch..
  • Cheetah666Cheetah666 Posts: 16,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "The most infuriating thing about women is that they always know where things are." - Charles Darwin.

^ True quote, and he should know!