Katy Perry - ROAR official single thread (leak)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
Forum Member
The song has leaked. Listen before it's taken down

http://donxxx.tumblr.com/post/57879423842/world-premiere-katy-perry-roar

It's catchy :)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    This is going to smash.

The lyrics are cliched, the production is a complete rip-off of fun. (and so is the chorus) and it shows very little progression from her last record.

But it's going to smash. Hard.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it is catchy, love it.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    Not as good as her previous lead singles. I like it but it sounds like its from Teenage Dream, not dark at all. Not impressed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    Not as good as her previous lead singles. I like it but it sounds like its from Teenage Dream, not dark at all. Not impressed.
    It does sound like the 2013 version of 'Firework', but it's catchy, so I can't complain :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    O.Michel wrote: »
    It does sound like the 2013 version of 'Firework', but it's catchy, so I can't complain :)

Yeah don't get me wrong I do like it, but I thought we'd see a bit more growth from Katy :cry:
    Forum Member
    Yeah don't get me wrong I do like it, but I thought we'd see a bit more growth from Katy :cry:
    I thought so too, but after the 4 teasers she released, I was afraid the song would sound contrived and try-hard, so I'm just glad it's an effortless catchy tune in the vein of her previous hits. Maybe the album tracks will show a little more growth, though :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit underwhelming it's ok just nothing really special I thought she was going for a darker more mature sound? Her singles are pretty hit and miss for me maybe i'll like the next one more.
  • urt31urt31 Posts: 2,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a budget fun. b-side.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    It's catchy and already in my head. They certainly know how to make pop that'll sell.

That said, it is basic and entirely expected. I was skeptical over the 'maturer, darker' expectation, but this is like a Cher Lloyd track crossed with Firework and a touch of Fun.
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    First listen doesn't blow me away. It's not as catchy as her previous singles, and certainly doesn't sound like first single material.

It needs speeding up a bit in my opinion. It's a bit slow. Weaker than any of the tracks on Teenage Dream.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was only a few hours ago that I was waiting for Monday...

I actually like the track. The lyrics are in vein of Fireworks, but this is much better. This feels more like a growth from her Teenage Dream era rather than departing from it. The music video should be interesting.
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dr Puke produced this I assume? It's a catchy enough radio song, but her vocals + that chorus = disaster if she sings live. :o
    Forum Member
    glyn9799 wrote: »
    First listen doesn't blow me away. It's not as catchy as her previous singles, and certainly doesn't sound like first single material.

It needs speeding up a bit in my opinion. It's a bit slow. Weaker than any of the tracks on Teenage Dream.
    Wow! I thought exactly the same :eek: I don't want it to be much faster, but the chorus drags a little. It could use a bit more speed and tempo.

But still, this is just an early leak. The official version will premiere on Monday morning, so maybe it'll be sped up. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    Looove, so much better than TD lead single.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very catchy and a very great song to begin an era

But, no progression at all from her last album. This could of easily been a Teenage dream cast-off.
  • anteroantero Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    It's...very her. I was expecting something radically different from Teenage Dream, what with the whole funeral and hair burning promo! But for what it is, it's alright!
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Quite like it! But it does sound quite similar to Sara Bareilles - Brave.
  • So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like it, even if it is a song that'll get really old well before it's September release date.

However there is absolutely no progression at all. Zero. Nada. Zip. It's so basic, so Katy Perry by numbers and so Teenage Dream, it makes the wig burning and album burial laughably deluded. She hyped herself up, failed to deliver on what her promos promised and shown she's all talk and hollow gestures.
  • Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's okay. It's catchy, but it's very similiar to her past work.
    Forum Member
    So, a lot of you expected more based on the teasers. Maybe it's just me, but I didn't take them seriously. Teasers in pop music are usually just hype, no substance (i.e. : Britney's 'Hold it Against Me') Once Katy revealed the writers and producers of 'ROAR', I knew I was in for 'TD'. 2.0. so I'm not disappointed. I got what I expected :)
  • scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I LOVE IT

It is so instant for me - not very often that I listen to a song and like it on the first listen. The last time I got this was with Diamonds, as soon as I heard her sing "fine light in the beautiful sea..." I was hooked.

I was worried that Roar was gonna be too try-hard-dark, and end up as a mess. But no, it is brilliant. another #1 hit for her surely.
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    her vocals sound strange. interesting to see this live

It sounds just like Sara Bareilles' 'Brave'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUQsqBqxoR4
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it her vocal? it sounds like a demo singer to me. Very plastic vocals.

Not sure of it yet. Sounds like a Teenage Dream reject. I was expecting better tbh. Still its radio friendly enough which will make her top the Billboard. Not sure its my cup of tea though. I'm starting to think I've outgrown pop.
  • da3boolda3bool Posts: 2,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gigi4 wrote: »
    It's okay. It's catchy, but it's very similiar to her past work.

My thoughts
  • maninthequeuemaninthequeue Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    her vocals sound strange. interesting to see this live

It sounds just like Sara Bareilles' 'Brave'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUQsqBqxoR4

One of the problems with the internet is sometimes people can post something which they may latter come to regret.

In the next few hours/days/weeks/months Katy Perry may regret she posted this on her Twitter account in May:

https://twitter.com/katyperry/status/334851857967104001

Oops ;)