The Internship

JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
Forum Member
I haven't seen this, so my opinions on it aren't fully educated, but the trailer annoys me so much so that I wouldn't want to watch it.

Has anyone seen it? The whole concept seems so outdated and contrived. Vince Vaughan, a 40 something in the movie saying 'online' and 'on the line' - as if someone in their 40s wouldn't know enough about the internet to say 'on the line'.

/rant.

Comments

• Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Owen Wilson just has one of those faces you would never tire of hitting.
  • JaiJaiJaiJai Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vince Vaughan was amazing in Swingers since then he's been absolutely useless and forgot how to be funny. He brings the same old character to all his roles.

I'll wait till this comes on Sky I think.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    Saw this on a free preview a few weeks back, not bad at all, good few laughs in it, Very much a older v younger generation can learn things from each other vibe. But for a bit of harmless fun I have seen much much worse.
  • JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    JaiJai wrote: »
    Vince Vaughan was amazing in Swingers since then he's been absolutely useless and forgot how to be funny. He brings the same old character to all his roles.

I'll wait till this comes on Sky I think.

Yep, Vince Vaughan is Vinve Vaughan in everything! Even in Anchorman, an over the top comedy set in the 70s. He was still wooden, angry Vince Vaughan.
  • InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also saw it on a free preview. Audience strangely subdued, even though there were some decent gags and the supporting cast are good. It feels like a very long Google advert, in fact it's basically Google taking on its critics and undermining them through the medium of comedy. Not wishing to give any spoilers, but who do you think represents the Google spirit in the film: the mean, ruthless but brilliant English guy or the shambolic but decent American dudes?

There's a fun scene which (presumably intentionally) recalls the underdogs-fight-back atmosphere of Dodgeball, but without the cruel streak which made that film so enjoyable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    Saw this on a preview as well. My expectations were rock bottom but it turned out not that bad. My opinion of the film was probably helped by the fact I was expecting it to be so awful that I would have to walk out!

And yes, it is one big advert for google. Lots of lines in the film about how google changes the world and people's lives for the better! No mention of tax dodging funnily enough.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've seen the trailer, can't wait to see it :D
  • smile371smile371 Posts: 10,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw it last night and ended up really enjoying it! Again, i didn't really expect to enjoy it, but there are enough laughs and likeable characters to make it enjoyable.
  • daveyp2007daveyp2007 Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    Sometimes you need a cheesy done it all before comedy, wasnt great but I certainly didn't hate it! !! Enjoyed it more than this is the end anyway
  • The22ndRachelThe22ndRachel Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The best bit was
    the Quidditch scene

Saw it free too, enjoyed it more than I thought I would, but was a bit cliche and predictable.
    Fun to kill an hour or two though.