Millions set to flood Britain in 2014

Comments

• LandisLandis Posts: 14,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    floridetei wrote: »
    I have a good life here :p) and i'm pretty sure I speak your language a hell of a lot better than you speak mine. If I am uneducated, what are you?

What an excellent question! Certainly deserves an answer from timetosaygoodby.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    That's one entertaining smackdown...! Welcome to DS floridetei :)
  • David TeeDavid Tee Posts: 22,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are talking about pre settlement guest workers technically speaking. That is different to post settlement migrants, with low paid jobs and huge families. As for tax's, if migrants are in low paid jobs they will not pay much, if any and it has been revealed that many send most of their money home to another country.

I agree their are good migrants, bad migrants and neutral migrants and the migrants should not all be classed as the same. In fact the good probably pay for the bad, which explained the Lords committee's report, that says each of us is better off to the price of a Mars bar each year thanks to immigration.

The answer of course is to just admit the good migrants therefore lowering the numbers and making us all richer. The British people have not made the connection between the EU single market and mass immigration. Even if we switch to the EEA from the EU, we still have the single market and the free movement of people. Perhaps that should change to the free movement of people providing they meet each individual country's skills requirements and quotas.

I've been anti PC all my life, but I'm thinking of bunging them a few bob to mount a campaign to outlaw the word "migrant". And that's from someone who's rarely, if ever, offended by anything.
  • mackaramackara Posts: 4,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    actually at 10,000 its gets a government response and at 100,000 it goes to the cross party committee who can refer it on to Parliament

Well it has less votes now than when you started the thread claiming you had close to 20,000 votes yet you just stated it has now got an additional 700 votes which brought the total to 19500 which means people must be retracting their votes, do the maths.:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mithy73 wrote: »
    That's one entertaining smackdown...! Welcome to DS floridetei :)

Here here, well said floridetei, I have Polish neighbours who moved in about 2 years ago, all I see is an extremely hard working couple who both go to work each day, take their beautiful kids to school, (who speak perfect English by the way). Which is more than I can say for the Footy shirt wearing beer bellied English louts that I also see going in and out of the local bookies pubs and Job Centre all day long.
  • deptfordbakerdeptfordbaker Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Landis wrote: »
    Wow.
    A woman (for it so often is a woman) sends money home on which she has paid income tax, to support her children and to pay for their education, and you see this as "a bad thing".
    Truly incredible.

If she paid any income tax? Doesn't Nick Clegg want people who earn under £10,000 to not pay any. The problem is after five years she will get settlement and then bring her children to Britain to be educated for £5000 per child, per year, while still probably earning the NMW. What is that £400 a year tax? So if she has two kids we are £10,000 - £400 a year worse off as a nation, without even counting child benefit, NHS etc.

The trouble is people like the IPPR always talk about pre settlement migrants and once they get settlement or citizenship, that say that they are citizens and taxpayers and not migrants anymore. So it is hardly surprising migrants look so good.

They also forget to mention the Danish study, which found that western workers boosted Denmark's economy and migrants from developing countries were a drain on it. Denmark changed the immigration rules and saved billions. Of course that is not very political correct thinking in left wing terms.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If she paid any income tax? Doesn't Nick Clegg want people who earn under £10,000 to not pay any. The problem is after five years she will get settlement and then bring her children to Britain to be educated for £5000 per child, per year, while still probably earning the NMW. What is that £400 a year tax? So if she has two kids we are £10,000 - £400 a year worse off as a nation, without even counting child benefit, NHS etc.

The trouble is people like the IPPR always talk about pre settlement migrants and once they get settlement or citizenship, that say that they are citizens and taxpayers and not migrants anymore. So it is hardly surprising migrants look so good.

They also forget to mention the Danish study, which found that western workers boosted Denmark's economy and migrants from developing countries were a drain on it. Denmark changed the immigration rules and saved billions. Of course that is not very political correct thinking in left wing terms.

And the benefit (to The World) of the children in the poor country actually getting an education from the money sent home??

OK
    Let's imagine a situation where the Uk's Greek style debt leads to a Greek style situation - but much worse. This leads to serious poverty. Thouands of women leave the uk to work in countries who have stronger Economies - some of them cross the world to do this. They send money back to the uk for their children and live very basic lives.
    In 10 years time ITV would be hosting an awards show to honour the sacrifices that these women had made. And the biggest sacrifice of all would be that they had been apart from their loved ones for 10 years. This feeling would be shared by the whole country.

Except for you.

You would be writing to the times saying; "Yes...But........ Didn't those countries lose a few dollars of VAT revenue?"

(resisted temptation to use roll eyes smilie)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And the benefit (to The World) of the children in the poor country actually getting an education from the money sent home??

OK
    Let's imagine a situation where the Uk's Greek style debt leads to a Greek style situation - but much worse. This leads to serious poverty. Thouands of women leave the uk to work in countries who have stronger Economies - some of them cross the world to do this. They send money back to the uk for their children and live very basic lives.
    In 10 years time ITV would be hosting an awards show to honour the sacrifices that these women had made. And the biggest sacrifice of all would be that they had been apart from their loved ones for 10 years. This feeling would be shared by the whole country.

Except for you.

You would be writing to the times saying; "Yes...But........ Didn't those countries lose a few dollars of VAT revenue?"

(resisted temptation to use roll eyes smilie)

1. I never watch ITV1 now.

2. Guest Workers are sometimes necessary, but that should not lead to settlement or citizenship. Perhaps as well as limited to five years, the work route could also be tied to a specific job, maybe in the NHS. After 25 years work citizenship could be earned.

3. Aren't you making the pro mass immigration lobby's argument that immigrants both benefit this country economically and they don't, because they send the money home, but that's OK because we would do the same in their position?

4. As for education isn't that due to the mismanagement of the country concerned, corruption etc.?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

3. Aren't you making the pro mass immigration lobby's argument that immigrants both benefit this country economically and they don't, because they send the money home, but that's OK because we would do the same in their position?

No. I am saying that your argument about the amount of money being sent home out of their minimum wage riches (after living expenses) is utterly trivial.
    I am trying to work out how far into space I would have to send you before you were able to see the bigger picture. :D

(too quick for point 4) :)
  • BlairdennonBlairdennon Posts: 14,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here here, well said floridetei, I have Polish neighbours who moved in about 2 years ago, all I see is an extremely hard working couple who both go to work each day, take their beautiful kids to school, (who speak perfect English by the way). Which is more than I can say for the Footy shirt wearing beer bellied English louts that I also see going in and out of the local bookies pubs and Job Centre all day long.

That may be right what I do not understand is why is it that the proportions of many ethnic minorities who are unemployed are significantly higher than any of the white groups according to the Labour force survey?

http://www.londonspovertyprofile.org.uk/indicators/topics/work-and-worklessness/unemployment-by-ethnicity-country-of-birth-and-gender/

In London even the proportion of not UK born unemployed is higher than the UK born.
    In proportions 'the British' are doing the jobs as are the Polish, as are the UK born.
  • WhiteFangWhiteFang Posts: 3,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will people from the rest of the EU living in the UK be able to vote in any referendum on the EU
  • pedrokpedrok Posts: 16,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    floridetei wrote: »
    hello DS! :)
    and hello timetosaygoodby! I have been reading this forum for a few months but I decided to make an account a few weeks ago with the urge to reply to some of your posts in many of your threads. I have no idea how I managed to restrain myself untill now!
    i can't blame you or argue with you on the matter of free movement to UK becouse i don't live in UK, I don't know your struggles so it's not my place so say. But i have to tell you, the way you phrase your views is disappointing, at least.

:confused::(

:mad:
    your generalizations are really irritating now!

quick question: I'm Romanian, I live in Romania (don't worry i won't be comeing over; I have a good life here :p) and i'm pretty sure I speak your language a hell of a lot better than you speak mine. If I am uneducated, what are you?

In 2014 Uk's borders will be open for Romanians and Bulgarians, not Roma only! (3.2% of Romania's population)

get off your high horse! every forest has its bad trees:
    http://www.brightonandhovenews.org/2013/02/07/two-romanians-beaten-up-in-brighton/19442 should I follow your example and conclude that Uk is populated by 63 mil. racists???

I have to say, a few years ago when emigrating came to mind, I never thought of benefits, I just wished for a job. These threads have been really informative for me. On that note: lately, i've been purchasing a few goods from Amazon Uk therefore paid VAT to your country; is there anyway I can benefit from that? If you can help me with this @ timetosaygoodby it will be verry much appreciated. Thank you! Thank you so much!

Have a good Sunday everyone!

What a great post. It would seem that timetosaygoodby has, indeed, said goodbye.

Welcome floridetei, you may wish to stay and correct a number of the ignorant stereotypes that are described by the ignorants on here.
  • BlairdennonBlairdennon Posts: 14,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pedrok wrote: »
    What a great post. It would seem that timetosaygoodby has, indeed, said goodbye.

Welcome floridetei, you may wish to stay and correct a number of the ignorant stereotypes that are described by the ignorants on here.

You mean like post 131?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. I am saying that your argument about the amount of money being sent home out of their minimum wage riches (after living expenses) is utterly trivial.
    I am trying to work out how far into space I would have to send you before you were able to see the bigger picture. :D

(too quick for point 4) :)

Yes but the bigger picture for mass immigration, or open border proponents, always seems to be about the migrants and what's good for them, rather than what's good for the UK, financially, culturally and integration wise.

Maybe I do see the bigger picture, its just a very different one to you. The middle class liberals in the Migrants Rights Network for example, all want a world without borders. The trouble is it would reduce Britain to the same level as other countries and destroy the way of life that allows these people the time to worry about what's best for others, over what's best for the UK.

If migrants send money home to help their relatives fine, but lets not at the same time pretend that they are spending it here and boosting our economy.
  • MesostimMesostim Posts: 52,864
    Forum Member
    You mean like post 131?

Are you setting that as a standard for ignorant stereotyping because I think I may come back to you on that point from time to time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    WhiteFang wrote: »
    Will people from the rest of the EU living in the UK be able to vote in any referendum on the EU

I imagine it would be held on the same terms of the AV referendum: all British, Irish and Commonwealth citizens over the minimum voting age living in the UK, as well as enrolled ex-pats, would be able to vote in it. EU citizens outside the British Isles would not.
  • timetosaygoodbytimetosaygoodby Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mackara wrote: »
    Well it has less votes now than when you started the thread claiming you had close to 20,000 votes yet you just stated it has now got an additional 700 votes which brought the total to 19500 which means people must be retracting their votes, do the maths.:rolleyes:

In the first post I said it was nearing (not that it was) 20,0000 but Mackara you will be very happy to know the actual figures have now just passed 20,000
  • monkeydave68monkeydave68 Posts: 2,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Airam wrote: »
    Polish migrants have been an asset to the UK. They've set up businesses and paid all their taxes to the UK.

Granted there was already a strong Polish community of those who'd remained after helping the UK and her allies to defeat Hitler and they were able to offer some advice and support to newcomers, but the younger group worked hard when they arrived here, often taking work for which they were overqualified rather than claiming benefits.

washing cars and big issue selling is hardly what we are crying out for in this country :rolleyes: they only do it to get benefits and housing on top of their wage
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and to top it all off the Roma gangs have now been implicated in the horse meat scandal and more crime syndicates and this is in a left wing paper:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/horse-meat-burger-scandal-mirror-1680230

'Romanian gangsters, nicknamed the Horse Mafia, buy up animals that roam free and work horses to sell '

'We tracked their operations in both the north-eastern Danube Delta, and central Transylvanian district'

Lets give them unlimited access to the UK what a fantastic idea
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You mean like post 131?

No, more like post 139.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and to top it all off the Roma gangs have now been implicated in the horse meat scandal and more crime syndicates and this is in a left wing paper:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/horse-meat-burger-scandal-mirror-1680230

'Romanian gangsters, nicknamed the Horse Mafia, buy up animals that roam free and work horses to sell '

'We tracked their operations in both the north-eastern Danube Delta, and central Transylvanian district'

Lets give them unlimited access to the UK what a fantastic idea

Oh, you're back, still as ignorant though.
  • monkeydave68monkeydave68 Posts: 2,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WhiteFang wrote: »

they shouldn't be allowed to
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pedrok wrote: »
    Oh, you're back, still as ignorant though.

so is the Mirror (a left paper and pro immigration paper) making it all up then or is it actually true and an accurate representation of the Roma
  • DarthGoreDarthGore Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what makes me laugh is the fact that people seem to be shocked that Eastern European nations are rife with crime....

Eastern Europe had a communist government for decades, there are entire regions where people grew up in families not earning enough to live a nice life like we have here in the UK so it's effectively instilled in some people since birth to make money by any means necessary to avoid raising their family in the same conditions.... as a result, "petty" crime (by which I mean stealing of lead/metal to sell as scrap rather than murder/drugs etc) is just commonplace, because it was an easy few quid

after 20 years of living the same way, you have Romanians who are looking to come to the UK to live a better life, but yes they'll still steal stuff, because it's instilled in their nature to make a few quid

yes this is my opinion, but it's based on personal experience of how Romanians I have met act and behave - they don't view it as a real crime, to them it's victimless so it's acceptable, and that's what I don't agree with, crime is crime! and we shouldn't have to "accept" it, we should be able to prevent people coming into the UK if there's a chance they will break our laws in the same way they've broken the laws in Romania for 20+ years
  • StylesStyles Posts: 714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bulgaria and Romania have endemic levels of crime/corruption they are just waiting to import over to us.