Cineworld Unlimited Premium.

Comments

• MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I received a new Cineworld Unlimited card today. It was all black and had my name on it and on the front in bold red lettering in capitals was the word 'unlimited'. Can someone please tell me if this is my Cineworld Premium Unlimited card?

The letter that came with it just said it was a replacement card and it didn't have my photo on it either which is included on the original Cineworld Unlimited card, so i'm slightly confused. Can anyone advise?
  • GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    I received a new Cineworld Unlimited card today. It was all black and had my name on it and on the front in bold red lettering in capitals was the word 'unlimited'. Can someone please tell me if this is my Cineworld Premium Unlimited card?

The letter that came with it just said it was a replacement card and it didn't have my photo on it either which is included on the original Cineworld Unlimited card, so i'm slightly confused. Can anyone advise?

if its got your picture on the back,then yes it is the premium card
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if its got your picture on the back,then yes it is the premium card

It does have my photo on the back so it is indeed my Premium card. Happy days! :)
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is anyone still waiting to get a new card? I had the email about 5 months ago but still no card. I've tried ringing but it's engaged.
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Is anyone still waiting to get a new card? I had the email about 5 months ago but still no card. I've tried ringing but it's engaged.

It can't be engaged constantly surely?
  • ZapomaticZapomatic Posts: 705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    baldtony wrote: »
    I've been walking to the Cinema, collecting the tickets early then going to the bar for a drink. With the 25% Unlimited Premium discount, it works out cheaper than the pub:D

Any idea if they let you use the "buy 4 drinks for £10" deal and still get the Unlimited discount?

Even without that, I'm not complaining at paying under £3 a pint in London!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zapomatic wrote: »
    Any idea if they let you use the "buy 4 drinks for £10" deal and still get the Unlimited discount?

Even without that, I'm not complaining at paying under £3 a pint in London!

I would say yes. They currently have a 2 for £4 offer on confectionery, and the discount was applied to the offer.
  • DaedrothDaedroth Posts: 3,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cineworld are doing a secret screening for Unlimited customers on Monday 17th June 2013. You have to book tickets using your Unlimited card. No idea what it is...they show the running time of the film, but they've changed it many times! It's ranged from 119 minutes to 153 minutes that I've seen!

However it has provided a problem...I have reserved a ticket for this, and also want to reserve a ticket for Man of Steel 3D IMAX...but I can't because you can only reserve one ticket at a time...which is bloody crap.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daedroth wrote: »
    Cineworld are doing a secret screening for Unlimited customers on Monday 17th June 2013. You have to book tickets using your Unlimited card. No idea what it is...they show the running time of the film, but they've changed it many times! It's ranged from 119 minutes to 153 minutes that I've seen!

However it has provided a problem...I have reserved a ticket for this, and also want to reserve a ticket for Man of Steel 3D IMAX...but I can't because you can only reserve one ticket at a time...which is bloody crap.

i was under the impression that you could book one normal booking and one unlimited screening as well,might be worth checking with your cinema
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daedroth wrote: »

Does anyone know what the secret screening is? It's most likely to be Man of Steel or World War Z, right?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know what the secret screening is? It's most likely to be Man of Steel or World War Z, right?

World War Z or maybe Pacific Rim,it wont be a film already out as they said that its a preview of an unreleased film
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Man of Steel is out Friday. It's not that. It's The Lone Ranger.
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I think most people are guessing either Pacific Rim or The Lone Ranger for the secret screening!

I can't see it being World War Z as its out on the Friday after the secret screening so it would be very unlikely to have a film that's due out so close to the secret screening.I would be very disappointed if it turned out to be World War Z!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »
    I think most people are guessing either Pacific Rim or The Lone Ranger for the secret screening!

I can't see it being World War Z as its out on the Friday after the secret screening so it would be very unlikely to have a film that's due out so close to the secret screening.I would be very disappointed if it turned out to be World War Z!

World War Z is out June 21st. Man of Steel is out on Friday.
  • Ed SizzersEd Sizzers Posts: 2,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's Now You See Me.

Cineworld have been posting clues on Facebook. Monday's was "Who is he? He shrugged and moved from one land to another. However there are some who never left and he stood alone..."

Atlas Shrugged is an American novel by Ayn Rand. Jesse Eisenberg's character in Now You See me is called Atlas.

The rest of the clue refers to other Eisenberg movies;
    and moved from one land to another = Adventureland/Zombieland
    some who never left = Some Boys Don't leave
    and he stood alone = Solitary Man.
  • PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ed Sizzers wrote: »
    It's Now You See Me.

Cineworld have been posting clues on Facebook. Monday's was "Who is he? He shrugged and moved from one land to another. However there are some who never left and he stood alone..."

Atlas Shrugged is an American novel by Ayn Rand. Jesse Eisenberg's character in Now You See me is called Atlas.

The rest of the clue refers to other Eisenberg movies;
    and moved from one land to another = Adventureland/Zombieland
    some who never left = Some Boys Don't leave
    and he stood alone = Solitary Man.

Well you worked out the clues very well. You was spot on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    I was in London last weekend and discovered that £15.90 unlimited cards can be used in the west end cineworlds for a fee of £2 per film

Useful if you're not in London often enough to warrant the extra £3 monthly fee to include the west end in your subscription

Even the lad selling me the ticket thought it was about time this had happened
  • fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    I was in London last weekend and discovered that £15.90 unlimited cards can be used in the west end cineworlds for a fee of £2 per film

Useful if you're not in London often enough to warrant the extra £3 monthly fee to include the west end in your subscription

Even the lad selling me the ticket thought it was about time this had happened

That is quite new though.
  • Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    I might invest in one of these, very good value.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gordie1 wrote: »
    I might invest in one of these, very good value.:)

It's great. Pays for itself if you watch more than two movies a month.
  • Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    It's great. Pays for itself if you watch more than two movies a month.
    I dont go that often right now, owing to the expense, but at that price id go see a lot of stuff and see if i liked it, rather than only seeing those few things that i consider "must see".
  • nessyfencernessyfencer Posts: 9,195
    Forum Member
    Gordie1 wrote: »
    I dont go that often right now, owing to the expense, but at that price id go see a lot of stuff and see if i liked it, rather than only seeing those few things that i consider "must see".

With a card you change the way you take cinema into your life though. You stop going in order to see a film and start seeing a film in order to go. You will try new actors, genres and generally films you would never have tried before.
  • DanielFDanielF Posts: 2,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another secret screening announced, for the 25th November. Early guesses? I'll go for a tie-in with the "secret" bit and go for that Walter Mitty film they previewed before Thor. Anyone else?
  • nessyfencernessyfencer Posts: 9,195
    Forum Member
    DanielF wrote: »
    Another secret screening announced, for the 25th November. Early guesses? I'll go for a tie-in with the "secret" bit and go for that Walter Mitty film they previewed before Thor. Anyone else?
    Hmm... A whole month would be the earliest I have seen. That would be decent though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    I hope it's American Hustle.

Walter Mitty is scheduled as 2nd december at my cineworld. I really hope it isn't that