Heard the most ridiculous thing yesterday.

124»

Comments

• annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    towers wrote: »
    That's what it costs me every month, half a packet of heavy flow towels and half a packet of light flow towels from Wilkos or Asda every period, unless I'm one of the lucky women who doesn't have a heavy period for more than 3 days.

i used to get through AT LEAST 10 full strength lillets A DAY @ around £3.50 a punt, for the first three days, minimum 4 packs a month, plus at least two packs of night time towels, that`s a minimum of a tenner on a good month.

edit: and what bazaar said about hygiene.
  • towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i used to get through AT LEAST 10 full strength lillets A DAY @ around £3.50 a punt, for the first three days, minimum 4 packs a month, plus at least two packs of night time towels, that`s a minimum of a tenner on a good month.

edit: and what bazaar said about hygiene.

Oh, I changed mine before they became unhygienic - several times in a 24 hour period - I must just be one of the lucky few who's never had a very heavy flow.
    Forum Member
    Oh, I changed mine before they became unhygienic - several times in a 24 hour period - I must just be one of the lucky few who's never had a very heavy flow.

or long if you only get through one packet a month.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member

I don't see how you could, if you are saying you got through on half a pack. Packs are at most 20 towels (for the price you quote I'm guessing 1-10 a pack), so if you used half a pack, thats 10 which means your changing it twice per 24 hours. Tampons should be changed AT LEAST every 8 hours, but its recommend every 4 hours, so thats 6 in a day, a pack every 2 days if your lucky. Pads have less of a time limit but I wouldn't wear one for more than 4 hours without changing it, light flow or not, its grim, they soon start to smell and its pretty disgusting.

I'm not saying you are unhygienic, but more likely you are understating the amount you actually spent on towels.
  • FearFactorFearFactor Posts: 2,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abriel wrote: »
    Except that, as we have leant from call the midwife, most lower class women were pregnant or had just given birth most of the time so rarely had a period. also, lifestyles were a bit different then...

So that's a heavy period that lasts about 8 weeks then.....?! :rolleyes:
  • karapote monkeykarapote monkey Posts: 3,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After you have a baby it can last that long, yeah.

There are so many things people don't tell you about that happens after you have a baby. :-/
  • cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FearFactor wrote: »
    So that's a heavy period that lasts about 8 weeks then.....?! :rolleyes:

Precisely!
  • BZRBZR Posts: 2,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is annoying when condoms are free and sex is for pleasure when sanitary products are not and women don't have a choice in this!
  • manickangaroomanickangaroo Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £2 a month is a lot? :confused: Women only need to use them for about a week a month.

Usually 4-5 days only in most cases isn't it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    Boys need more calories at adolesence than girls. Did he factor this in? :p

No. Oh he's been on again today, about him needing an allowance for bras too :eek:

Told him to join here or read this thread. Can you read without actually joining?
    Forum Member
    Usually 4-5 days only in most cases isn't it?

of flooding the biggest tampon they make every three quarters or an hour for first three days for some of us.

how fast and how much one`s flow is is an aspect, that`s why tampons and pads are different absorbencies.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    of flooding the biggest tampon they make every three quarters or an hour for first three days for some of us.

Well I read somewhere that very few women actually are on for 7 full days.:o
    Forum Member

i doubt there`s many women who don`t have extended periods at some point and seven days is considered normal.

and like i said, speed of flow and amount are an issue, not just length.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member

I doubt it, what you probably read is that full 'omg I'm going to bleed out and die' flows are only for a few days, then light bleeding for the rest (for some lucky ones!) but if you take a poll on ds I'm willing to bet the majority of women have had problems and not just longer than7 day periods but irregular, constant, heavy bleeding.