50th special -which (living) companion would you like to see return?

Mr SetaMr Seta Posts: 380
Forum Member
Although not officially a companion, it would be kind of fun to see a retired Sergeant Benton return unknowingly trying to sell the Doctor a used car only to get tangled up in the episode battling the Zygons again :D

Comments

• solarpenguinsolarpenguin Posts: 488
    Forum Member
    I'd like to have seen Susan return but now as a villain closely connected to the Doctor's past. Unfortunately, it looks like that's going to be done by the John Hurt Doctor.
    :cry::(
  • Tillymint82Tillymint82 Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Donna Donna Donna Donna
  • allen_whoallen_who Posts: 2,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Donna Donna Donna Donna

Batmaaaan, Batman, Batmaaaaaan
  • allen_whoallen_who Posts: 2,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seriously though I think if you could call Cpt Jack a companion then they should have him in it.

Also I'd love to think Sarah Janes voice will be heard in it ( I know she is no longer around but... )

As I understand it the 50th is meant to be a love letter to the fans so Sarah Jane has to be in it in some way... ( sorry OP for barking on about a slightly off topic issue... )
  • Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Martha would be nice. Funny how he said in LKH he felt guilty about Rose,Martha and Donna.
    Know he was in extremis but still hard on himself. Hope he will have a "good" day in the 50th and finally let go of some of what he has been carrying around for so long.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has to be Susan / Ian. If it's ever going to happen - what better time.
  • Sora2311Sora2311 Posts: 2,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Romana and Jack
  • MarblepeteMarblepete Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    I would love to see a scenario where each Doctor had their past companions turn against them for some mysterious reason.
  • The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »

I really hope thay have given Ian a cameo at the very least - what better way to nod to the past.

They could use Susan - because she was left on earth but if that was the case how come the Doctor's practically erased her from existance and never mentions her?!

I would love to see the Doctor visit all his companions to catch up with them all but this wouldn't make for a solid storyline.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He mentioned her in Rings of Akhaten, with convenient timing. :p

I know it's very risky for a writer or producer to put a stamp on this - but some indication of Susan's fate wouldn't go amiss over the 50th period. But I can see why they would rather leave it ambiguous.

It just seems a possibility, with Carole Ann Ford getting involved in the celebrations - before the window of opportunity closes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The australian version of K9

(just kidding..)
  • Tillymint82Tillymint82 Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    allen_who wrote: »

HAHAHAHAHA This is potentially my favourite ever response on DS. Congrats i actually belly laughed x
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    allen_who wrote: »

:D

Yeah, I'm with that view. The "one day, I shall come back" speech is probably the most famous clip of early who. If it ever does have some resolution, it would have to be through a special such as this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lii wrote: »

Yeah, I'm with that view. The "one day, I shall come back" speech is probably the most famous clip of early who.

Sounds like a good anniversary pre-titles addition :cool:
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Susan definitely.
  • Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    W ould be nice to see it go right back to the beginning.
  • dorkjacksndorkjacksn Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Susan, Leela, Ian or Romana. But to be honest a cameo by ANY classic series companion would be a lovely treat! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds like a good anniversary pre-titles addition :cool:

After a twenty year wait, fans were left oddly disappointed by that reunion. Susan sprained her ankle, and her grandfather ate a sandwich. :(
  • So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ian and Susan.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mr Seta wrote: »
    Although not officially a companion, it would be kind of fun to see a retired Sergeant Benton return unknowingly trying to sell the Doctor a used car only to get tangled up in the episode battling the Zygons again :D

I was going to suggest the return of Benton even before I opened the thread

However if Benton returns then so should Mike Yates
  • TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    However if Benton returns then so should Mike Yates

Nah — he turns up two years later (counting The Invasion), clears off earlier and doesn't have the, ummm, interesting looking face.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Martha
  • CallousCallous Posts: 11,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they really want to go back then I'd say Susan would be the obvious choice. If they want to bring back a male then a Jamie cameo could be fun....or Adric.

On a personal level... Peri (Nicola Bryant) still looks damn good. I'd have no objection if she came back full time. :D

Any companion could be living ...with the right script.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not for the 50th, but I would like to see Jamie's story come around again as an historical version of school reunion.

And with the Timelords no longer around to bother the Doctor, he could even return Jamie's memory if that's within his power.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ace!

(and Sally Sparrow. She's been noticeably absent from discussions round these parts of late)