Options

Superbowl

jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Does anyone know what time Beyonce will be performing?

Comments

• Options
    bargepolebargepole Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    jonjons wrote: »
    The game kicks off at 11:30pm GMT, and it usually takes about an hour and a half to play the first two quarters, so the half-time show should start around 1am.
  • Options
    Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know what time Beyonce will be lip synching ?
    :D:D

Maybe she will do it live though who knows.
  • Options
    poshnoshposhnosh Posts: 1,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She's probably recording her bit about now.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC Breakfast said this morning she would be singing live
  • Options
    Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    BBC Breakfast said this morning she would be singing live

Is it live or is it Memorex.:D:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhfugTnXJV4
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder if ustv now will stay up during this or if it will go down and crash?
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's the chance of a "lipsync malfunction?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORrBHlrYOfI
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,919
    Forum Member
    Wonder if ustv now will stay up during this or if it will go down and crash?

It's live on BBC1.
  • Options
    Stephen AStephen A Posts: 720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's live on BBC1.

It's actually on BBC2 and BBCHD
  • Options
    jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im ready to sleep now, I cant beleive im waiting up till 1am for her!
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think its better watching on CBS
    Surprised how well its working to.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder how they get chosen to perform ?

First it's the mediocre at best Jennifer Hudson (American Idol winner / loser ? )

Now it's the god awful big headed , big butted Alicia Keys !!??

Where's Beyonce when she's needed :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope she'll get her nipple out
  • Options
    LenzarLenzar Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    Exactly what is this American nonsense doing on our BBC TV?

I pay my licence fund to get decent, well made TV. Not imported US rubbish. It's bad enough will all the US shows on TV anyway, without allowing them to infect sports either.

If they don't show the test cricket or Women's Cricket World Cup, they certainly shouldn't show the Superbowl.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We are about 30 minutes in and I think I just caught sight of THE ball !!!

Yeah, baby .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really surprised to see so many huge, fat bellies on show .
    I thought these guys were the ultimate athletes . Quite a few of the guys are real sluggish and they are supposed to be crunching the guys who are simply dancing past them. Strange .
  • Options
    the_lostprophetthe_lostprophet Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lenzar wrote: »
    I pay my licence fund to get decent, well made TV.

What like the various reality TV and cookery shows the BBC has shown over the years? I don't see how the superbowl is any worse than those.
  • Options
    SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member

I pay my licence fund to get decent, well made TV. Not imported US rubbish. It's bad enough will all the US shows on TV anyway, without allowing them to infect sports either.

If they don't show the test cricket or Women's Cricket World Cup, they certainly shouldn't show the Superbowl.

Yes, you pay your license fee so BBC should make programmes to your taste and your taste only! :yawn:
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rubbish like this should be on the red button not on bbc 2 why are we getting this over here
  • Options
    LenzarLenzar Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    What like the various reality TV and cookery shows the BBC has shown over the years? I don't see how the superbowl is any worse than those.

The cookery shows (other than the rigged Masterchef series) actually have some value in that they occasionally have nice recipes.

I agree with most of your point, though. Maybe the Beeb should stop doing 4 chans.
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

NFL are likely giving the BBC the rights to it for free.
  • Options
    tinshedtinshed Posts: 483
    Forum Member
    rubbish like this should be on the red button not on bbc 2 why are we getting this over here

Because for the other 364 days we have to put up with crap like eastenders, cookery programmes, rubbish quiz programs, unfunny sitcoms etc etc.
    The Superbowl is shown one night live in a whole year and its even on through the night, not prime time, get over it and watch something else.
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alexis07 wrote: »
    I'm really surprised to see so many huge, fat bellies on show .
    I thought these guys were the ultimate athletes . Quite a few of the guys are real sluggish and they are supposed to be crunching the guys who are simply dancing past them. Strange .

The linebackers are purely there for their strength, the offense forming the pocket to protect the quarter-back and the defense to try to break through. That's why they are such big and heavy men.
    The running backs who carry the ball after the hand-off from the quarter-back in a running play require strength and agility.

The tight-ends, on the end of the offensive line are there to stop the defense from coming round the outside of the offensive line to get at the quarter-back. They also double as receivers in pass plays. They have to have strength and agility, but not necessarily the speed of a wide receiver.

Wide receivers have to have agility and the speed of a 100metre sprinter.

The quarter backs have to be able to throw the ball up to 50 yards and more accurately and create a spiral as they throw, to stop the ball turning end over end which makes it difficult to catch.

It's difficult to understand the game if people don't know the rules. The quarter-back's "play book" looks like a telephone directory there's that many different plays. There's a lot of science in the game.
    It require multi-tasking to follow the game as there's so many things happening at the same time, "off the ball."

Once you know the rules and can recognise the plays, it's an enjoyable game to watch. In the States it's a family day out.
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tinshed wrote: »
    Because for the other 364 days we have to put up with crap like eastenders, cookery programmes, rubbish quiz programs, unfunny sitcoms etc etc.
    The Superbowl is shown one night live in a whole year and its even on through the night, not prime time, get over it and watch something else.

i shouldnt have to put up with it i pay my television licence for this 5 hours of american sport on a national channel i would be happy if it was shown in an hour length highlights programme
  • Options
    slick1twoslick1two Posts: 2,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Relax It's past midnight and it's the start of the working week most people likely in bed anyways. Hardly prime time. I'm not even a fan of American football, but why not, maybe I could learn to appreciate it, but even if i dont there may be some who want to tune in.