Lindsay Lohan 'to miss court appearance because she is too sick to fly to LA'...

Souffle GirlSouffle Girl Posts: 200
Forum Member
as pictures emerge of her shopping in New York

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2270320/Lindsay-Lohan-set-miss-court-appearance-shes-sick-fly-home-New-York.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

How does she get away with it? At this point she could murder someone in broad daylight and just get a slap on the wrist.

Crazy.

Comments

• BungitinBungitin Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    She used to have a very good lawyer, whom she sacked and now being sued for unpaid fees.

I wonder is she will run foul of the 3 felonies and your out. Not too sure what counts as one.
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to really like Lindsay as an actress but there does appear to be something seriously wrong with her. Part of me feels sorry for her and part of me wants to give her a slap.

What a shame that she doesn't seem to have anyone who will give her good advice and sort her out (like good parents would).
  • Mr DangerousMr Dangerous Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LILO comes across as a woman who just doesn't care about anything, she has been banned from hotels, her career is at rock bottom, she just is one messed up woman. Me thinks she is scared to death of actually ending up in a jail cell, that or some serious rehab..
  • MehitabelMehitabel Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She flew back last night, showed up in court this AM, and the judge set a trial date for March 1. Stay tuned.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/01/30/lindsay-lohan-mark-heller-shawn-holley-car-accident-reckless-driving-lying-cops-court/
  • Mr DangerousMr Dangerous Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep, The Mail reported this also...
  • Souffle GirlSouffle Girl Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    Mehitabel wrote: »
    She flew back last night, showed up in court this AM, and the judge set a trial date for March 1. Stay tuned.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/01/30/lindsay-lohan-mark-heller-shawn-holley-car-accident-reckless-driving-lying-cops-court/

So much for being too sick to fly, then.

I agree with the poster who is torn between feeling sorry for her and wanting to give her a slap. Also, Lindsay's parents are vile human beings so it's not so shocking Lindsay herself is such a mess.

It seems like Lindsay is beyond help at this point though.
    Forum Member
    I think she does contribute to her bad image but I can't help thinking that pressure from the press (give a dog a bad name) doesn't help. She might do something useful every now or then but doen't get reported because its not 'the image'.
    Obviously being followed around 24hrs a day just in case by the media.
  • MehitabelMehitabel Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bungitin wrote: »
    I think she does contribute to her bad image but I can't help thinking that pressure from the press (give a dog a bad name) doesn't help. She might do something useful every now or then but doen't get reported because its not 'the image'.
    Obviously being followed around 24hrs a day just in case by the media.

Lindsay is responsible for her bad press. There's an old saying, "if you don't want to get bombed, stay out of the target area". She needs to get out of the limelight and stay out of sight if she ever hopes to repair her reputation. Almost every day is another nightclub, shopping spree, altercation of some sort. The paps may be following her around, but she's always somewhere to be caught out. Clearly she isn't very bright if she hasn't yet figured this out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i bow down to whoever made this gif it actually looks so real of Lindsay LMFAO http://i52.tinypic.com/2ngtteb.jpg
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lindsay is either bent on self-destruction or has lost all control over herself. I don't know if a spell in jail might actually be the shock she needs or might finish her off completely.

I know it's her own doing (though I think her parents bear a lot of blame too) but I can't help feeling sad when I remember her in Freaky Friday and Herbie: Fully Loaded.
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Lindsay is either bent on self-destruction or has lost all control over herself. I don't know if a spell in jail might actually be the shock she needs or might finish her off completely.

I know it's her own doing (though I think her parents bear a lot of blame too) but I can't help feeling sad when I remember her in Freaky Friday and Herbie: Fully Loaded.

was just looking at the Daily Mail article of her making court, she looked pretty awful and not well. It is sad and she is adamant about not doing over 60 days of rehab. I find it baffling, I would think a 90 day stint in rehab may be a good idea. I don't think the parents help the situation at all
  • digichantdigichant Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zone_Out wrote: »
    i bow down to whoever made this gif it actually looks so real of Lindsay LMFAO http://i52.tinypic.com/2ngtteb.jpg

Omg that is hilarious!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's amazing how many rich/powerful people sudden;y become ill when they are about to go to court...
  • FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't write LiLo off as look at Drew Barrymore for example. Drew's life was like LiLo's, going off the rails 'til she went into rehab. Now Drew has a successful career and is now happily married & raising her baby daughter.
    Forum Member
    Most miscreants of Lilo's character get a job diary full up so that if they get threatened with jail the film production will send in a letter saying incarceration would put hundreds out of jobs etc along with loss of taxes and benefits. That is the main reason for stars with light or no sentences and ultimately the star feels untouchable, while mere mortals get the full process.
  • lux lisbon 2lux lisbon 2 Posts: 6,273
    Forum Member
    Flanno wrote: »
    Don't write LiLo off as look at Drew Barrymore for example. Drew's life was like LiLo's, going off the rails 'til she went into rehab. Now Drew has a successful career and is now happily married & raising her baby daughter.

Drew Barrymore was a teenager when she was off the rails and cleaned up her act by quitting drink and drugs. Lilo in her late twenties, a habitual drug/alcohol abuser, alleged kleptomaniac and pathological liar who is let off continually despite the chances she is given over and over. Big difference.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,290
    Forum Member
    Lohan and her lawyer know that the LA courts won't do anything serious to her.

She's untouchable.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Drew Barrymore was a teenager when she was off the rails and cleaned up her act by quitting drink and drugs. Lilo in her late twenties, a habitual drug/alcohol abuser, alleged kleptomaniac and pathological liar who is let off continually despite the chances she is given over and over. Big difference.

Drew Barrymore was a pre teen before she got into bad things I think and as you say, has taken responsibility for her actions and now leads a great life.

Li-lo is a train wreck who doesn't seem to learn from her mistakes and IMHO needs to be jailed next time, needs to quit blaming everyone else for her problems and needs to cut herself off from her family and enablers.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,290
    Forum Member
    Drew Barrymore made a serious effort to get her life back on track to become a proven star and a pretty successful producer too. Not to mention being incredibly adorable.

Lindsay Lohan shows no desire whatsoever to change anything. Merely staying away from nightclubs would make a huge positive difference, but she won't do it. A mess. Total wreck.
  • googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

heh brilliant :cool:
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The primary reason she continues to behave as she does is down to the media continuing to report on her. In her delusional mind, if she's getting attention - and she is, continuously - then she's doing something right, and for someone like Lyndsay, that's all that counts. Her mother is her main problem, as deluded as Lyndsay but cunning with it and her daughter's chief enabler.

I think a lot of Hollywood genuinely feels sorry for her and wants to see her make a healthy comeback. Unfortunately, as long as her mother is there to validate everything she does, nothing good will happen for her. I don't think jail would make one ounce of difference. I don't think rehab would either since rehab only works when you acknowledge you have a problem and Lyndsay doesn't believe she has one. I actually feel really sad for her.

This recent interview with director Paul Schrader pretty much sums up her mindset - here is what happens when you cast lindsay lohan in your movie
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:D:D Too funny!
    Forum Member

haha that is hilarious, only just saw it:D
    Forum Member
    lexi22 wrote: »
    The primary reason she continues to behave as she does is down to the media continuing to report on her. In her delusional mind, if she's getting attention - and she is, continuously - then she's doing something right, and for someone like Lyndsay, that's all that counts. Her mother is her main problem, as deluded as Lyndsay but cunning with it and her daughter's chief enabler.

I think a lot of Hollywood genuinely feels sorry for her and wants to see her make a healthy comeback
    . Unfortunately, as long as her mother is there to validate everything she does, nothing good will happen for her. I don't think jail would make one ounce of difference. I don't think rehab would either since rehab only works when you acknowledge you have a problem and Lyndsay doesn't believe she has one. I actually feel really sad for her.

This recent interview with director Paul Schrader pretty much sums up her mindset - here is what happens when you cast lindsay lohan in your movie

I would like to see Charlie Sheen kidnap her, get her away from that mother and help get her back on track. Obviously I don't condone kidnapping but would be a lovely Hollywood story IMO. Not read the whole article yet, just skimmed it but sounds a shambles.
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    I would like to see Charlie Sheen kidnap her, get her away from that mother and help get her back on track. Obviously I don't condone kidnapping but would be a lovely Hollywood story IMO. Not read the whole article yet, just skimmed it but sounds a shambles.

Shows how bad it is when Charlie Sheen seems like a better influence.