The Dumping Ground - CBBC

Comments

• RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good episode. Mo may have been a bit of a hassle but deep down he is sweet and has a kind heart. Seems he grew up in a different way just like the rest of the other characters. I like how Tee gave him a warm welcome and also helped him at the same time. I did feel sorry for her when Mo became a bit too clingy and demanding which was quite annoying so I wouldn't have blamed her for knocking down the scarecrow. I can see why she reacted that way. I'm glad the others eventually came to senses and realised that they should help Tee with the Mo situation. The picture the YP took at the end was a nice ending to the episode. Floss had a small role in this episode and I'm also glad that Toby was mentioned by Tee. It's really nice to hear past characters being mentioned after a while.:)

I laughed when Elektra said "WHAAAAAT.....a nice suprise!":D

Also when Mo trashed the living room with ants, the expression everyone had on their faces when they went into the living room was priceless!:D
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,117
    Forum Member
    RingoJ739K wrote: »
    Good episode. Mo may have been a bit of a hassle but deep down he is sweet and has a kind heart. Seems he grew up in a different way just like the rest of the other characters. I like how Tee gave him a warm welcome and also helped him at the same time. I did feel sorry for her when Mo became a bit too clingy and demanding which was quite annoying so I wouldn't have blamed her for knocking down the scarecrow. I can see why she reacted that way. I'm glad the others eventually came to senses and realised that they should help Tee with the Mo situation. The picture the YP took at the end was a nice ending to the episode. Floss had a small role in this episode and I'm also glad that Toby was mentioned by Tee. It's really nice to hear past characters being mentioned after a while.:)

Also when Mo trashed the living room with ants, the expression everyone had on their faces when they went into the living room was priceless!:D

That bit was hilarious, especially as it ended up coming out the blue. I see what the synopsis meant when it said that Tee was pushed to breaking point but she had all the reason to and besides it did help the others come to senses about the whole situation and how he is like the rest of them. Maybe we'll find out about his background in the future but at least Mo got a decent welcome :cool:

It was nice to see Jody and Elektra working together for once, did not expect that! :D I wonder exactly what they were trying to do, make some money out of pearls?

I think Mo's slightly different to Gus in the sense that he seems quite outgoing and wants to make friends with the others - Gus usually wanted to be on his own.
  • winter99winter99 Posts: 16,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    That bit was hilarious, especially as it ended up coming out the blue. I see what the synopsis meant when it said that Tee was pushed to breaking point but she had all the reason to and besides it did help the others come to senses about the whole situation and how he is like the rest of them. Maybe we'll find out about his background in the future but at least Mo got a decent welcome :cool:

It was nice to see Jody and Elektra working together for once, did not expect that! :D I wonder exactly what they were trying to do, make some money out of pearls?

I think Mo's slightly different to Gus in the sense that he seems quite outgoing and wants to make friends with the others - Gus usually wanted to be on his own.

Agreed :) Jody seemed different in them scenes :)
    Forum Member
    winter99 wrote: »
    Agreed :) Jody seemed different in them scenes :)

It's different each episode :D - one episode Johnny and Elektra are arguing, next they are working with each other.
  • thehordeoftravthehordeoftrav Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    I dont if it just I'm not in the mood but the the last few episodes have been very mediocre! I cant seem to get into them.
    Forum Member
    I dont if it just I'm not in the mood but the the last few episodes have been very mediocre! I cant seem to get into them.

Does that include today's episode?
    Forum Member
    No, I haven't watch it yet. I haven't felt like or bothered to watch it.

Actually. I'll force myself to watch it now to see what I think!

Of to BBC IPLAYER;)
    Forum Member
    It was a good episode. Too many weird characters though!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

When you say "weird characters" are you referring to Floss and Mo? Or the rest of the main cast?:confused:
    Forum Member

"Weird characters" - I don't even know the real meaning of 'weird people' anymore. Yes some are a bit eccentric but care kids are usually like that (I guess).
    Forum Member
    "Weird characters" - I don't even know the real meaning of 'weird people' anymore. Yes some are a bit eccentric but care kids are usually like that (I guess).

Yeah, 'eccentric' , that's the word . Mo and Floss.

The rest of them aren't exactly what's considered to be 'normal', but they're more realistic.
    (Like Johnny cleaning to much)

Mo and Floss are way too eccentric and just annoying.

-MS
    Forum Member
    Yeah, 'eccentric' , that's the word . Mo and Floss.

The rest of them aren't exactly what's considered to be 'normal', but they're more realistic.
    (Like Johnny cleaning to much)

Mo and Floss are way too eccentric and just annoying.

-MS

Well, it's a TV show and of course, as a drama they are going to try and be as accurate as possible.

I don't see how you could be way too eccentric - obviously if all the characters were the same, had the same personality it would be too boring. And I haven't seen Johnny cleaning in a while :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    I think that my favourite episodes by far this series have been 'SOS' and 'What Would Gus Want?' I just felt that those stories had more depth than the others.
    IMO, 'Tracy Beaker Returns' has been the best show out of all 3 Dumping Ground Related programmes, as much as I also love 'The Story Of Tracy Beaker' and 'The Dumping Ground.,
    :)
    Who are everyone's favourite characters? Mine are Elektra, Jody, Gus (before he left) and obviously Tracy before she left :)
    Forum Member
    Gus, Tracy (before they left), Lily, Rick, Tee, Jody, Faith, Elektra and now potentially Mo.

Thing is, TBR has been on for three series, so you got used to it. TDG is not much different - there's no Tracy and no main character therefore - what's not to like?
    Forum Member

BIB- haha, I loved that, and Carmen and Tee's conversation:
    Carmen: He must be some kind of nutcase.
    Tee: He was only trying to do something nice!
    Carmen: Exactly!!! What is nice, about bringing an ants best into the house?

:D
    Forum Member
    Gus, Tracy (before they left), Lily, Rick, Tee, Jody, Faith, Elektra and now potentially Mo.

Thing is, TBR has been on for three series, so you got used to it. TDG is not much different - there's no Tracy and no main character therefore - what's not to like?

Haha, I still love it, I just don't think the episodes have been quite as good as the TBR ones so far (but as u said, we've seen 3 series of TBR, so it may be a little too early to judge, as I did prefer series 3 of TBR slightly more than the first 2) :)
  • FiercefanaticFiercefanatic Posts: 3,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The sneak peeks are so crap lol. Sneak peeks are supposed to intrigue you and make you want to watch, but they keep showing minor scenes for no reason.
  • CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really enjoying this

This week's episode gave me the creeps a wee bit with the ants but it was good :D

I'm thinking that maybe Mo didn't live in a building (ie house/flat/whatever) but outside? Maybe?
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    I actually prefer TDG more than TBR coz there is no Tracy, still not liking Jodie I find her really annoying
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CrazyLoop wrote: »
    I'm really enjoying this

This week's episode gave me the creeps a wee bit with the ants but it was good :D

I'm thinking that maybe Mo didn't live in a building (ie house/flat/whatever) but outside? Maybe?

He told Tee that he lived in a shed and had to go to the toilet in the bushes.
    Sex wrote: »
    I actually prefer TDG more than TBR coz there is no Tracy, still not liking Jodie I find her really annoying

I like The Dumping Ground, it has really shaped up to be a good series. I still miss Tracy though, I thought Dani was brilliant as the character plus it seems that we wouldn't have got TDG without Tracy returning. We wouldn't have seen these characters grow. The great thing about The Dumping Ground is that we now get to see more focus and exploration on other characters which also happened a bit in the old series. I personally love both programs, I'm also glad that past characters like Sapphire and Toby are getting mentioned too.

So far, the majority episodes of The Dumping Ground have been brilliant! I'm really looking forward to seeing the last three episodes. The synopsis of the final episode seems very interesting.:)
    Forum Member
    The sneak peeks are so crap lol. Sneak peeks are supposed to intrigue you and make you want to watch, but they keep showing minor scenes for no reason.

Well, I doubt they'd want to spoil it much, that's why they keep the sneak peaks to a minimum.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm also glad that past characters like Sapphire and Toby are getting mentioned too.

I'd like them to put in something about Frank going to see Liam, perhaps to stay with him for a couple of days, or Harry seeing Sapphire.
    Forum Member
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    I'd like them to put in something about Frank going to see Liam, perhaps to stay with him for a couple of days, or Harry seeing Sapphire.

That'll be interesting but Harry's gotten used to life without Sapphire which has allowed him some character development. Frank on the other hand, I think it could work - maybe they could do an episode showing how Liam's behavior has improved or something like that.
  • milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harry isn't caring Jeff around anymore...He is growing more secure.
    Forum Member
    It's been doing really well on iPlayer.

09 - The Dumping Ground Episode 1 - 1.48m
    14 - The Dumping Ground Episode 4 - 1.08m
    15 - The Dumping Ground Episode 3 - 1.08m

That accounts for the number of requests in January and how it ranks compared to everything else on iPlayer.