help with my Harley Quinn costume.

dramatiCUTIE.dramatiCUTIE. Posts: 344
Forum Member
I have decided I'm going to go as Harley Quinn to my New Years Eve party (my sweetie is also going as the Joker) and I need to sort out a costume.

There are many things putting me off wearing the classic jumpsuit.
1.) I'll boil - If I get hot, I can't do anything about it, I'd be in my undies.
2.) My figure - I haven't exactly got a fantastic figure like her.

However, I'm completely torn about what would be suitable to wear otherwise. I'm thinking:

Top:
Vest - Half red and half black.
Red vest with black waistcoat.
Black and red striped vest with red lace top over.
Black and red striped dress.

Bottoms:
Black hotpants with red/black leggings.
Black and red leggings (sewn accordingly).
Black and red skinny jeans (S/A).

Shoes:
Black/white/red knee high boots.
B/R heels.
B/R converse.

Accessories:
Red/black fishnet gloves.
Studded bracelets - Arkham Asylum influence.

(But obviously not all at the same time :p)

Also, I actually have a diamond tattoo inspired by Harleys costume, so showing leg wouldn't be a problem.
Or should I just go for her Arkham Nurse outfit?

I'm so torn...which of these (or any other ideas) would work?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member

Top:
    Red vest with black waistcoat.

Bottoms:
    Black hotpants with red/black leggings.

Shoes:
    Black and Red Converse.

Accessories:
    Red/black fishnet gloves.

Short of actually purchasing a Harley Quinn outfit which you would cook in (the Mrs did Catwoman 5 years back - she was sweating like a pig!!! LOL) I'd suggest this.

Alternatively, go as Doktor Sleepless and Nurse from the self-titled comic book! That's easy enough...except for the atomic goggles!!! :)
  • REVUpminsterREVUpminster Posts: 1,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go as The Queen of Swords. reasonably simple costume. Plenty of examples on youtube or google images. Trouble is no one knows who she is except me. As for being hot in the costumeTessie Santiago who played her ended up in hospital through dehydration from the Spanish sun and not drinking enough water. The other half could go as Dr Helm or Captain Grisham
  • dramatiCUTIE.dramatiCUTIE. Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    My boyfriend have spoken (we're still pretty set on Joker and Harley) and he mentioned maybe going a little chic?

http://www.attitudeclothing.co.uk/product_21439-68-1200_Necessary-Evil---Karei-Cherry-Bomb-Party-Dress.htm

How about this? With mismatching shoes, tights, nails etc.