Could I wear this?! PLEASE REPLY!!!

BabanBaban Posts: 2,040
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi all! I've seen this skirt on missguided and i've just fallen in love with it! However I'm just not too sure it will suit me:confused:
http://www.missguided.co.uk/catalog/product/view/id/62160/s/lemma-number-print-midi-skirt/category/501/
^the skirt^

I'm very short, and I have pretty chubby legs, I have a nice crop top&shoes that will go with it, but it's just the height&weight thing I'n unsure about, please let me know if you think I can/cannot wear this!

Thanks x

Comments

• ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well it says that model is 5 ft 10, and the skirt is just below the knee on her, so depending how short is 'very short' it might look a bit less flattering.

But I'm a big believer in wearing what you want - if you like it, get it. Sod what anyone else thinks.
  • BabanBaban Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elanor wrote: »
    Well it says that model is 5 ft 10, and the skirt is just below the knee on her, so depending how short is 'very short' it might look a bit less flattering.

But I'm a big believer in wearing what you want - if you like it, get it. Sod what anyone else thinks.

Oh god I'm a lot under 5"10:D
    I can always take it up I suppose:)
  • SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest that skirt would be better suited to someone tall and slim, with great legs. Hence the reason it's modelled by such a person. A short person could get away with it, but if they were on the heavy side and not blessed with the best of legs then it would be best to choose another style. Just my opinion though :)
  • LilyAnna80LilyAnna80 Posts: 3,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I say - yes - wear what you want. Although If you are very unsure go for high heels they will make your legs look good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go for it but be prepared for it to look completely different on you than the model.
  • missloomissloo Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if you aren't sure it will suit you give it a miss - if your gut is telling you no at this point then you are likely to fell uncomfortable in it.
  • burton07burton07 Posts: 10,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't wear a crop top with that skirt if you are short. it will have the visual effect of cutting you in half.
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,891
    Forum Member
    No, sorry, I don't think that would look good on you at all.
  • AnitaSAnitaS Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a skirt that will draw people's attention, so unless you are totally confident in how you look, then may be get something less striking.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think someone curvy could wear that and carry it off - but you'd have to be confident about your curves.

I agree with the OP who says the skirt will draw people's attention. I think the skirt will probably draw the eye to that part of your body so if you have any areas within that skirt that you don't want people looking at then you shouldn't wear it.

Also - I'm not so sure on the crop top idea.
  • BabanBaban Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Went to topshop today and tried on similar style skirt and it didn't suit me at all!:D
    Thanks anyway guys