Martine McCutcheon declared bankrupt

12346»

Comments

• i4ui4u Posts: 54,804
    Forum Member
    thegame22 wrote: »
    Doesn't bankruptcy mean they have to sell property, cars etc to pay off the debt?

If she has no money, everything could be in hubbies name?
  • M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member
    Why do people hate Martine? I've never understood it.

Is it because she tried (and failed) to crack the US? Or because she left EE? Or just because of those annoying adverts?

I do not hate her.

But I strongly dislike her earning far more than most of us ever will and spending the money then going bankrupt to avoid her taxes.

I think that puts her in the bracket where she deserves public opprobrium.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    i4u wrote: »
    If she has no money, everything could be in hubbies name?

Yep, in any case he now owns half, which makes it difficult for anyone to seize assets, he may be asked to buy her share of assets, if she has any........ cars and homes seem to be rented, but the cash will be elsewhere, no doubt.. 12 months and its all over......
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    Martine was amazing as Eliza. It all went wrong after the third album (musicality) flopped. Machine didn't bother to change anything she continued to present herself as old skool showbiz. She seemed to forget she was a twenty something!!

Oh and Echo Beach was the nail in the coffin!!!

I hope see makes a comeback....
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why doesnt she get her tits out for the lads mags !

I would buy it !
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    culttvfan wrote: »
    Naturally most people who saw the show liked it because they were mainly soap fans who were only there because she was in it. Apparently she had huge problems talking posh when it was required, sounding no different to the Eliza Doolittle Higgins first discovers (rather like her pitiful attempt and failure to do a posh accent when playing an ex pupil of an exclusive private school in her now infamous pre opening credits appearance in Midsomer).

With regard to the Olivier Award, this was more in recognition of the commercial success of the show rather than any talent demonstrated by La McCutcheon. Jonathan Pryce's look of disgust and dismay when she won the award is more typical of the views held by genuine theatre folk.

Well, that may be so. I didn't see the show myself, so can't really comment, though I think Pryce has made it reasonably plain that his reaction was down to his frustrations with her absence rather than her performance.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does make me smile when I hear her referred to as that, she's not done anything "successful" in years has she?

Never liked her to be honest .
  • FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Check the Daily Mail article out:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2279007/Martine-McCutcheon-gets-550-hair-extensions-days-declaring-bankrupt.html

When I saw the first pic, my thought was: "God, she's morphing into Liz Jones*!!"

* - The infamous DM columnist.
  • flyingvflyingv Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, what else is a girl to do when announcing she's been made bankrupt? Oh that's right, go and get £1000 hair extensions...

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a459016/martine-mccutcheon-gets-expensive-hair-extensions-after-bankruptcy.html

The arrogance of this woman is truly unbelievable!
  • M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member
    Flanno wrote: »
    Check the Daily Mail article out:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2279007/Martine-McCutcheon-gets-550-hair-extensions-days-declaring-bankrupt.html

When I saw the first pic, my thought was: "God, she's morphing into Liz Jones*!!"

* - The infamous DM columnist.

Why should she pay her debts when she needs to look good !!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha, now we know why she did Midsomer Murders: she needed the money! Glad her character was killed off in the first few minutes, as her performance was more rotten than that stinky Sardinian cheese.
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flyingv wrote: »
    Well, what else is a girl to do when announcing she's been made bankrupt? Oh that's right, go and get £1000 hair extensions...

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a459016/martine-mccutcheon-gets-expensive-hair-extensions-after-bankruptcy.html

kerry Katona was just the same when she was made bankrupt. She never dropped her lavish way of living.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not much hair there to show for a thousand quid?

Looks like real fur she's wearing there too. Bloody old cow.

I've gone right off her now... :(
  • thefairydandythefairydandy Posts: 3,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh DO TELL!! I hate all this Hollywood nonsense of how everyone gets on fabulously well in all these productions, movies etc when we all know half of the "she was marvelous" stories are absolute rubbish!!!

I'm really sorry, but I would have spilled if I had the details! The actor is a close friend of my mum's, and he told HER everything. She dangles all sorts of tempting titbits (like I just did, oops :o), but won't tell me anything solid.

She also worked in an STI in the seventies, and knows of at least seven celebrities of the time with STIs, some obvious ones but a couple of 'surprises' too! She won't tell me though :mad: I may get her to leave me them in her will.
  • gregsanisongregsanison Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done Martine and I wish you loads of luck! :)
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

But she's not just bankrupt, she's "celebrity bankrupt" , maybe that's different lol

The tone of the article suggests to me she may not have had to pay for them. ;);)
  • nerdgirlfromthek83nerdgirlfromthek83 Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry for bumping up an old thread but new article about Martine: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2288450/Martine-McCutcheon-shows-strain-heads-husband-following-bankruptcy-woes.html

Having lunch at Carluccios, isn't that really expensive? Anyway the comments are digging into her.
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't understand how she can be bankrupt but her husband isn't. I thought that when you get married you are considered one unit financially and both parties are liable for debts, no matter who accrued them. Is it debts she racked up before they were married? You hear stories of one married person maxing out all the credit cards and taking out loans, then they do a runner and the other party has to clear up the mess.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand how she can be bankrupt but her husband isn't. I thought that when you get married you are considered one unit financially and both parties are liable for debts, no matter who accrued them. Is it debts she racked up before they were married? You hear stories of one married person maxing out all the credit cards and taking out loans, then they do a runner and the other party has to clear up the mess.

No, not if each party has their own bank accounts.
  • ee-ayee-ay Posts: 3,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry for bumping up an old thread but new article about Martine: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2288450/Martine-McCutcheon-shows-strain-heads-husband-following-bankruptcy-woes.html

Having lunch at Carluccios, isn't that really expensive? Anyway the comments are digging into her.

Carluccio's is very reasonable, you can get a 2 course lunch for a tenner. I often go to the Bluewater branch.
  • flyingvflyingv Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done Martine and I wish you loads of luck! :)

What are you congratulating her for? Ripping off HMRC, or trying to drum up the sympathy vote by having over-priced extensions...strange.

Carluccio's isn't that expensive, however when you're supposedly skint (obviously celeb 'skint' is different to normal people 'skint', but hey) it wouldn't hurt to keep a low profile and not look like you're sticking 2 fingers up to your creditors. Her and hubby might want to consider down-sizing their house also, £4-5k PER MONTH on rent? Not living within their means there I wouldn't have thought...

ETA - Essex Angel - my Dad used to take me to the one in Bluewater too! I might take Mum tomorrow actually, we are going for a bit of retail therapy down there :)
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    Well perhaps I am very poor but I think 5K rent for a house is an enormous amount of money!! Good grief and she can afford to pay this rent for a house but not pay the taxman? Why is it that celeb bankrupts can go on living a fabulous lifestyle? I really do not understand it!!!