Cineworld Unlimited Premium.

Comments

• Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    If you order a ticket online with an unlimited card you're supposed to pick it up no later than 20 mins before the showing starts. Otherwise they say they will release the ticket back on sale. They haven't been doing that though. I have got there 15 mins after the advertised start time and been able to pick my ticket up.

I'm sure last time I booked online with my Unlimited card it just said they advise to pick up 20min prior, but that they need to be picked up before 10min after the start time otherwise they will be cancelled.
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    I'm sure last time I booked online with my Unlimited card it just said they advise to pick up 20min prior, but that they need to be picked up before 10min after the start time otherwise they will be cancelled.

It says that but as I advised it's not happening at the moment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    It says that but as I advised it's not happening at the moment.

Sorry I thought people were saying that Cineworld is telling them to pick up their tickets 20min prior or they will be cancelled. When in fact the website says they will be cancelled 10min after the show start time (which they aren't enforcing as you say).
  • GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry I thought people were saying that Cineworld is telling them to pick up their tickets 20min prior or they will be cancelled. When in fact the website says they will be cancelled 10min after the show start time (which they aren't enforcing as you say).

That's what the Unlimited Online Booking Terms and Conditions says

18.10 Any ticket booked online using an Unlimited Card must be collected no later than 20 minutes before the advertised screening time on the day of performance otherwise Cineworld may release it for general sale. No refunds will be given.

http://www.cineworld.co.uk/unlimited/terms
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's what the Unlimited Online Booking Terms and Conditions says

http://www.cineworld.co.uk/unlimited/terms

Yet it also says on their website:
    NB. To make the most of your booking, we suggest that you collect your tickets 20 minutes before the performance commences. Tickets not collected 10 minutes after the performance time has started will be cancelled.

http://www.cineworld.co.uk/faq
    Under question 7: How do I collect my tickets?

They really need to decide what the rule is :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yet it also says on their website:

http://www.cineworld.co.uk/faq
    Under question 7: How do I collect my tickets?

They really need to decide what the rule is :p

that's the rule for normal tickets bought via Credit/Debit Card/Gift Card

i got told they have a separate rule for Unlimited Card so that for screenings that are very busy and are likely to sell out,they dont have a load of tickets unsold due to Unlimited Card holders booking and not showing up
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    that's the rule for normal tickets bought via Credit/Debit Card/Gift Card

i got told they have a separate rule for Unlimited Card so that for screenings that are very busy and are likely to sell out,they dont have a load of tickets unsold due to Unlimited Card holders booking and not showing up

To me that seems like they are shafting their loyal customers by having one set of rules for us which are stricter and another for people who are paying by credit/debt card.

I can understand why as some people may abuse the system and never show. But maybe they should monitor for that and those people get their online booking rights revoked for a period of time.
  • wodder18wodder18 Posts: 127
    Forum Member
    I book my tickets online 3-5 times a week and I've only stuck to the 20 minute rule a couple times. I've collected my tickets as late as 15 minutes after the advertised start time without any issues. I believe they will only enforce the 20 minute rule if the showing is sold out, I've collected my tickets 10 minutes after the advertised start time when the auditorium has been around 90% full.
  • baldtonybaldtony Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    I've been walking to the Cinema, collecting the tickets early then going to the bar for a drink. With the 25% Unlimited Premium discount, it works out cheaper than the pub:D
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Shame there's no Cineworld near me. :( Would happily pay for the Unlimited card.

Instead we have to put up with Vue at £9 a pop. I swear they've made their standard seats less comfortable so you feel like paying an extra £2 for VIP seats.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So it seems according to a letter I got this morning the card is going up in price again to £15.90 a month, starting in April.

Didn't it increase in price just over a year ago?
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So it seems according to a letter I got this morning the card is going up in price again to £15.90 a month, starting in April.

Nope. It's been that price for at least two years. It's still great value though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member

No the website says that -

- they "may" be cancelled if you don't pick them up 20 minutes prior to the performance
    - and "will" be cancelled if you don't pick them up 10 minutes after the start time.

The two statements are not mutually exclusive, and work quite logically together.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member

The letter says it hasn't gone up for two years.

And for me, the prise goes up next month, March.....still good value for £15.90 a month.:cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    agree it's still great value, I got my month's worth in one day yesterday - 3 films

but it's a bit annoying the ads on screen before the film are still saying 14.99
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    I must admit when I got the letter last week I thought it was only about 9 months since the last increase, but checking my bank statements it was September 2011, just after my first year expired

Doesn't time fly!!
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone not had a new card yet? I used my unlimited card today and they had to do something different because it was rejected, but they still let me use it...
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For any new and existing customers the Cineworld Unlimited Card monthly/annually prices go up from £14.99 to £15.90 / £179.88 to £190.80 starting next Fri 15th March.

http://www.cineworld.co.uk/unlimited/pricechange
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    For any new and existing customers the Cineworld Unlimited Card monthly/annually prices go up from £14.99 to £15.90 / £179.88 to £190.80 starting next Fri 15th March.

http://www.cineworld.co.uk/unlimited/pricechange

for me still great value,especially when you use in conjunction with Orange Wednesdays
  • Nick_DKNick_DK Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luckily I paid the 12 months back in January so won't affect me till I review for another 12 months next year. Still think it's great value though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me, the main problem with having the Unlimited card and seeing a lot of films is this:

"Puss in Boots, a ginger tomcat who wears a cavalier's hat, spies a spot of light on the ground and chases it."

(Formerly: "Top Cat tosses an old woman into the air to prevent her from being hit by a giant, freewheeling cable drum. She whacks him.")

:D
  • JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,093
    Forum Member
    For me, the main problem with having the Unlimited card and seeing a lot of films is this:

"Puss in Boots, a ginger tomcat who wears a cavalier's hat, spies a spot of light on the ground and chases it."

(Formerly: "Top Cat tosses an old woman into the air to prevent her from being hit by a giant, freewheeling cable drum. She whacks him.")

Followed by "Save 10% on prices when you book online"
    Followed by "Get an unlimited card today"
    Followed by "Piracy is killing the cinema"
    Followed by "Welcome Bacons to the first meeting of the film club"

At this point you start wondering of the film will ever begin. just as you think it is you get reminded that no filming equipment is allowed or you will get thrown out!"

So yes it is really annoying when you go to the cinema a lot to keep sitting through the same adverts in the same order.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    JEFF62 wrote: »
    Followed by "Save 10% on prices when you book online"
    Followed by "Get an unlimited card today"
    Followed by "Piracy is killing the cinema"
    Followed by "Welcome Bacons to the first meeting of the film club"

At this point you start wondering of the film will ever begin. just as you think it is you get reminded that no filming equipment is allowed or you will get thrown out!"

So yes it is really annoying when you go to the cinema a lot to keep sitting through the same adverts in the same order.

I still cheer (quietly in my head) when you get the film title classification up.
    However, been lucky lately and have been sneaking in the cinema just as the Bacon film club starts!
  • hallstarhallstar Posts: 925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Its still better than the Rio Orange ad. That was running when I first got my card and was using it to see 3 or 4 films a week. Not sure how long it ran but it felt like for ever. Never felt so glad when a different one featured.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They've really drummed that into your head haven't they?!

I've found lately that the trailers seem to come on quicker (after normal ads) and you thing you're nearly there but then all the Cineworld related ones, coke, piracy, Bacon etc seem to be getting longer.

I do prefer the Kevin Bacon ones to the old ones that hijacked a film trailer (Rio, A Team, The Sweeney etc). They always confused me at first thinking, "oh, more trailers, oh wait, no."