Outgoing calls divert?

TheBigMTheBigM Posts: 13,125
Forum Member
✭✭
I had an unlocked motorola L6 on O2.

Have changed it to virgin sim now. When I make a phone call it shows the number/contact being dialled and beneath this it says "Divert on".

It never used to say this on O2 and I set the phone to cancel all diverts but I believe that only applied to incoming calls anyway.

What is going on here?

Comments

• sean2003sean2003 Posts: 2,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most networks, unlike o2, show you a reminder that incoming calls are set to divert when you make a call - just to make sure you don't forget.

Your Virgin SIM must have some diverts going to voicemail.

My phone says 'Note: Active Diverts' when making a call if some divert conditions are set. If i have an immediate divert set it shows 'Note: All incoming calls diverted'

It's a useful message i guess... but can get a bit annoying!

##002# should turn off all of your diverts, but Virgin may have voicemail divert set at their end, you can call to have it deactivated at their side if you don't want voicemail
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    sean2003 wrote: »
    Most networks, unlike o2, show you a reminder that incoming calls are set to divert when you make a call - just to make sure you don't forget.

My newish O2 phone annoyingly does this. Maybe its a feature in newer SIM cards from O2.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GTL wrote: »
    My newish O2 phone annoyingly does this. Maybe its a feature in newer SIM cards from O2.

Ah, yes, maybe their new SIM's have added features :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 155
    Forum Member

Most Nokias have said it since 2002...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    Most Nokias have said it since 2002...

So it's a phone feature, not network.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    So it's a phone feature, not network.

I think it's on a lot of phones, but I know that it's not recent thing :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think its phone and network dependent

I know Virgin Mobile didn't used to do it... then all of a sudden i noticed it did... quite a while back.