Britney Spears performs Work B*tch LIVE for the first time!

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was certainly nothing sensational about it! The dancing was a mess, in fact she performed to a far higher standard in the dress rehearsal the day before. Last night the floor work was atrocious, she was totally lost in some parts and the final break down after the 'work it out. work it out.' was so sloppy!

Having said that, the show is spectacular and she does perform better on other numbers [Break The Ice was quite strong, as was 3 and Me Against the Music wasn't bad though she was totally out of time for most of it!]. And as for whether she's singing live - anyone that's followed her career long enough to know what she sounds like will tell you that not even a second of that show was live, I don't think even her biggest fans would deny that! From the spoken parts of Work Bitch to the ballads, it was all entirely mimed. Still that's the be expected and I don't think ought to be held against her at this stage.
  • Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a mess, poor quality dancing and she can't even mime properly.
  • gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8MIM3_PcSw

This clip still makes me lol after many years

Was it ever proved to be legit?
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gold2040 wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8MIM3_PcSw

This clip still makes me lol after many years

Was it ever proved to be legit?

Fairly certain it was confirmed fake years ago because some funny guy thought it'd be hilarious to warp a lot of singers' live voices to make them sound terrible, they also did it to Enrique and Beyonce.
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    I love it! She is dancing so much better then she was on the FF Tour and this show reminds of the Circus Tour for some reason :)

I love the wigs but i think she should just have her normal hair and add those awesome Hair flips she does :D
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's Britney Bit!h. People who go to the show don't care if she is singing live or not. They go to see Britney. As for the dancing, its nice to see so much energy. I've seen some of the other performances and they looked good, especially baby one more time/opps!

I wonder if they will release a DVD of one of these shows. I really hope so.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me against the music is where I want Britney to be in 2013 dancing wise.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm getting lots of people telling me that she was singing live a lot more in the 2nd show. Guess she's easing herself into it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was really good here

http://youtu.be/EZdM9w2KrIY
  • IofielIofiel Posts: 1,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rubbish, she cant sing or dance!!
  • ritchie2ykritchie2yk Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    I'm a bit baffled as to why she has released a new album and then pretty much ignore the entire thing on tour. She can't have that much confidence in it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ritchie2yk wrote: »
    I'm a bit baffled as to why she has released a new album and then pretty much ignore the entire thing on tour. She can't have that much confidence in it

We'll work Bit!h and perfume are on the set list and on the E documentary she wanted passenger on the set list.
    I think they said that Alien was on there.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's Britney Bit!h. People who go to the show don't care if she is singing live or not. They go to see Britney. As for the dancing, its nice to see so much energy. I've seen some of the other performances and they looked good, especially baby one more time/opps!

I wonder if they will release a DVD of one of these shows. I really hope so.

I am sure they will once the residency is over. They did with Celine and Cher.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ritchie2yk wrote: »

Vegas tours are not like world tours and are normally full of the classic hits, but the fact she has only bothered 2/3 songs of a new album on the tour, is a slap in the face to those who like the album and want to see it performed. She could of easily had done half the album considering it is only 13 tracks (if you count the deluxe songs). Although saying that, Celine Dion released two albums during her 5 years doing her vegas residency and only did 1/2 songs from each album on the tour. But i still think it is no excuse and pointless making a new album.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure why people keep trying to connect the residency and the album.
    The album was for her fans who have been waiting for a new album for years, she said herself BJ is for the hardcore fanbase.
    The residency is to show the world her legacy and to let people know that she has a long line of fantastic pop hits and possibly a chance to gain new fans.
    If she'd wanted to promote the album she would have gone on a proper tour and postponed the residency until 2014.
    From what I've heard her team are planning on making the BJ era last a while, until summer of 2014 time, Alien is the next single which should be coming out around February and then they will probably release summery dance songs like Til It's Gone and Body Ache.
  • WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She seems so much more together this time around. The documentary that was on a few nights ago showed her to be much like how she was pre-2007. She even showed her personality which hasn't been shown in years! And she seems excited about the residency and happy with life. I cannot root for this girl any more than I already do, think she's brilliant (even though I don't like how she's gone less melodic and more dance in her music in recent years). Well done Britney, looks like an awesome show!
  • chuck_wipplchuck_wippl Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    Massive fan of Britney and have never minded her miming because...well...it's Britney...bitch... :p

But why, WHY does she insist on wearing leotards and hot pants and whatever? Even when she was younger, she always looked better in a crop top and trousers!!! For example in Crazy, Stronger, I'm A SLave 4 U, Overprotected (LOVE THIS VID!!), I Love Rock and Roll, Me Against The Music, Womanizer...

More recent example would be in the Work B!tch video, other than the images where she's standing in the glittery bikini in the sparkly shoes -which we all know for a fact were highly edited- she looks best when she's in those black flared trousers and crop top. I wish she's just wear that because ok, she doesn't look AWFUL, but she certainly looks...a bit...desperate :( Desperate to keep up with the young'uns of today who just HAVE to show as much skin as possible.