Laura White - Now Going By The Name 'Martha'!!!

Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,923
Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcVNXp19fgA

She sounds amazing in that, but whoever decided that she should now be called Martha should be fired.

Comments

• iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    Her real name suits her so much better! I really want a jazz and soul album from her :D
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stupid decision to change her name, I don't get what they think that is going to do. :confused:
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched some other videos on her "Martha" channel. There's one where she explains the name change, and it seems like she's going through a personality disorder or something. It shows clips from her time on The X Factor etc, then she goes into this speech about how "Martha is the girl I've always wanted to be"...it's quite sad.

Either way she has a decent voice and I liked Cathedral, but it's a shame she feels that changing who she is will make her more successful in the industry. I liked her when she was just Laura White, she seems a bit lost.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hardly anybody remembers her real name anyway, so why bother changing it?? :D:rolleyes:
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    I watched some other videos on her "Martha" channel. There's one where she explains the name change, and it seems like she's going through a personality disorder or something. It shows clips from her time on The X Factor etc, then she goes into this speech about how "Martha is the girl I've always wanted to be"...it's quite sad.

Either way she has a decent voice and I liked Cathedral, but it's a shame she feels that changing who she is will make her more successful in the industry. I liked her when she was just Laura White, she seems a bit lost.

It doesn't sound like a personality disorder at all.

She succinctly explains it as the name being a pseudonym and reflecting her "old soul" and influences such as Ella Fitzgerald and Aretha Franklin.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Five years later and she's still saying her material is coming soon. Nobody cares anymore, 'Martha'.
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sounds like she changed religion...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It doesn't sound like a personality disorder at all.

She succinctly explains it as the name being a pseudonym and reflecting her "old soul" and influences such as Ella Fitzgerald and Aretha Franklin.

It's not difficult to grasp is it? And I actually like it - it seems to fit her persona somehow, kind of old fashioned and quirky.
    Five years later and she's still saying her material is coming soon. Nobody cares anymore, 'Martha'.

This is also a good point. I love Martha/Laura but am getting more than tired of waiting for her new material. She's posted on Facebook that she's got a publishing deal and has been offered a record deal.I really hope that means she'll release something soon. In the meantime though she's posting a new youtube video every week under the title Martha Fridays and this week's is epic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiQd4owM74I&feature=share
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smithy57 wrote: »
    It's not difficult to grasp is it? And I actually like it - it seems to fit her persona somehow, kind of old fashioned and quirky.

This is also a good point. I love Martha/Laura but am getting more than tired of waiting for her new material. She's posted on Facebook that she's got a publishing deal and has been offered a record deal.I really hope that means she'll release something soon. In the meantime though she's posting a new youtube video every week under the title Martha Fridays and this week's is epic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiQd4owM74I&feature=share

Martha Mondays would be better
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 82,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bex. wrote: »
    Martha Mondays would be better

The August Bank Holiday 1987, Monday 31st August, will have been a Martha Monday. It was the day Laura White was born!:D
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Love it how people are now calling her Martha/Laura!
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps it emerged that there was another singer named Laura White and she didn't want a fancy stage name, so chose an old-fashioned, uninteresting alias so that it is all about her music rather than her.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow. Love her voice, her look, her face , her voice love her.