Facebook app for Android - problem

davordavor Posts: 6,874
Forum Member
I have Acer Iconia B1 tablet with Android 4.2. Since the last update 3.3, Facebook app refuses to update my Facebook feed. No new updates are showing within the app. The only solution is that I reinstall the app, and then it works for a few days, but starts playing up again after some time. I have tried to clearing cache settings -> apps -> Facebook -> Clear Cache but no avail. Any ideas on how can I fix this as it's getting on my nerves.

Comments

• Sandy AlessandroSandy Alessandro Posts: 13,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No suggestions, other than to say the Facebook app works fine on my Nexus 7. Any problems with any other apps or is it just Facebook? I have never thought that the Facebook app was much good to be honest.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Use the web version and save out the bookmark to your apps page.it just feels like your using the app anyway and for me works better
  • tosha43tosha43 Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    Web version loads better on my tablet
  • dandydandy Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    I have found the web for Facebook works much better on Nexus 7 tablet. I've copied all my bookmarks on a page as apps and they all work perfectly.
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't like the Android app for facebook towards the end of my last phone. It would never work properly and the blue background behind the statuses made text hard for me to read. I'm glad i upgraded to an iphone. The app works much better and updates the timeline frequently.
  • tosha43tosha43 Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    dandy wrote: »
    I have found the web for Facebook works much better on Nexus 7 tablet. I've copied all my bookmarks on a page as apps and they all work perfectly.

How do u do this?please
  • Old BlokeOld Bloke Posts: 1,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good advice above - I've started using the web version using Opera mini - it's really quick.