Fifa 13 Wii, PES2013 Wii: Spot the difference

DavonatorDavonator Posts: 4,406
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone see this. For the Wii version of Fifa 13 and PES 2013 they released the same game as last year with the exception of squad rosters and kit updates.

Now I know some of you are saying 'but thats all that happens with every yearly update of Fifa/PES.....but they literally kept it the same, no redesigned menus, art style, modes. Carbon Copy. So customers who are buying the 2013' editions are essentially buying a patched 2012 edition

http://www.nintendo-gamer.net/2012/09/27/fifa-13-wii-vs-fifa-12-wii-the-shocking-truth/2/

http://www.nintendo-gamer.net/2012/11/13/pes-2013-wii-vs-pes-2012-wii-the-shocking-truth/2/

I can see why they do this as there's not much money to be had in the Wii anymore, but to do it so blatantly in a 'cant be bothered way' does show contempt for the few remaining people who want the wii version.

In fairness to Konami at least they have an RRP of £14.99 so it's a budget title to reflect the lack of change, EA have their Wii Fifa 13 at an unbelievable £29.99!!!

Comments

• Snake_EaterSnake_Eater Posts: 918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOL!! even developers can't be bother with the wii.
  • 0lly0lly Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    EA did the same with the FIFA on the Vita, too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I don't think there's any excuse to be given for this type of thing. It's just a blatant abuse of the customer. No market? Then don't release it.

PES was the same last year. I bought the 2012 version and it was exactly the same as the 2011 version. At least with PES on Wii though, it's priced at a budget level. EA with FIFA ought to be shot for charging £30 for that.

But then I think even on the "big" consoles the future of football games isn't that great. I don't think they change all that much there either to warrant the "upgrade". Buying football games at launch is folly. As soon as you've bought it, it's deprecated in value by 90%, and by the time you want to trade it in, it's completely worthless.