Artem Chigvintsev Appreciation Thread (Part 10)

Comments

• yungathartyungathart Posts: 10,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning - After watching Foyles War last night, I enjoyed Michael Portillo's programme about Picasso.

Kara must be feeling excited ahead of the tonight's programme when Jack Vettriano is shown painting her portrait. She has changed both her twitpic and background photo. Several tweets about a roast dinner. Mrs T?

Not only will Kara appear in a television programme on BBC4 but her portrait will be reproduced as prints and cards and may even appear in books about Vettriano. The painting entitled The Singing Butler sold for over $1 million. An article that appeared in Vanity Fair last year:

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2012/07/jack-vettriano-singing-butler-art

Kara's raised profile will be good for Relatively Speaking.

I had intended to watch Michael Portillos programme , but was so tired and went off to bed .

I do hope this does bring a raised profile for Kara , as she seems to have been pushed out of the news once Lisa Riley and Louis came onto the scene, the media is so fickle and if a new film or scandal has not hit the headlines then they dont want to bother with you , regardless of how talented you are , so if Kara's face is seen in every book shop or advert then it might make more impact and pay off at the box office.

I have recieved a letter from Sheffield City Hall today , and it explains that due to logistical issues they have been asked by the Promoter to change the performance days , and an added Matinee performance has been added on the 27th and both shows on the 28th have been cancelled . it says that they will not put tickets on sale until 15th April so that it gives ticket holders time to transfer , but that then tickets will go on sale to the general public .If its your choice to try for a sat eveningticket , they are being sold in the normal manner , and will continue to be available to the general . So there is no direct transfer for tickets holders like me from the Sun evening show to the Sat evening show , ,so I am hoping the arrangements I had already made still hold good . My fingers are crossed tightly :cry:

We have been given an apology by the Venue on behalf of the Promoter, ( I must say thats big of them considering we have had to instigate it ourselves )but its better than nothing .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am a happy bunny this afternoon , I have just heard my car has passed her MOT with flying colours , I always think its like sending your child to school for the first time or even worse taking it to hospital and leaving it there . I know Im being rather silly but thats how I feel about it .:o
    I was wondering just how Artems parents must have felt like ,letting him go off on his own at 15 , and not being able to travel to see him when a little older he left Russia ,they must have been very worried but also they must have trusted him to keep doing the correct things with his life.
  • AmSalt12AmSalt12 Posts: 4,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yungathart wrote: »
    I am a happy bunny this afternoon , I have just heard my car has passed her MOT with flying colours , I always think its like sending your child to school for the first time or even worse taking it to hospital and leaving it there . I know Im being rather silly but thats how I feel about it .:o
    I was wondering just how Artems parents must have felt like ,letting him go off on his own at 15 , and not being able to travel to see him when a little older he left Russia ,they must have been very worried but also they must have trusted him to keep doing the correct things with his life.

My car is being serviced and MOT Thursday and I know it won't pass!! Knackered front axle bushes (if that's the right word|), makes a right row underneath, and am finally pleased it will be fixed!!
  • silversandysilversandy Posts: 9,113
    Forum Member

Congratulations yungathart. One less thing to worry about. Just the boat to pass next.

AmSalt12 wrote: »
    My car is being serviced and MOT Thursday and I know it won't pass!! Knackered front axle bushes (if that's the right word|), makes a right row underneath, and am finally pleased it will be fixed!!

Good luck AmSalt12. Hope all goes well on Thursday and your car passes the MOT.

Twenty minutes until the programme on BBC4 with Kara. Really looking forward to watching. Will discuss with you all later.
  • marileigh1marileigh1 Posts: 937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Congratulations yungathart. One less thing to worry about. Just the boat to pass next.

Twenty minutes until the programme on BBC4 with Kara. Really looking forward to watching. Will discuss with you all later.

Just finished watching the Jack Vettriano programme - thought it was very interesting. Wasn't Kara lovely in it, and so natural in front of the cameras -
    she looked really beautiful in all the outfits. But why didn't she wear the pale blue dress Jack said he liked best because it would be a splash of colour
    in the picture? My only complaint is we didn't see enough of her :)

I was reading in the paper today that all these cold winters and sunless summers are making us all ill - we could be all suffering from a lack of vitamin D -
    like Gwyneth Paltrow and Kylie Minogue !! Lack of energy, inertia, not feeling like eating - sounds just like me at the moment - this weather's really getting me down.
    It was nice and sunny over the weekend but it's gone back to being dull and rain is forecast. :eek:

You've just reminded me about my car's MOT - due in May - I only hope it passes - I'd be lost without it !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AmSalt12 wrote: »

Thank you silversandy and I hope your car passes AmSalt ,
    I have the same feeling about my boat , there are so many petty regulations we have to adhere to because every one is classed an idiot and we have to label everylittle thing incase we forget whether the engine runs on Petrol of Diesel we have to have a label at the point of the filler which tells you to either fill up with Petrol or fill up with Diesel and stupid things like that , as if we hired them out to the public , which we dont .Engine wise ,one year you have to exchange a pipe for one another type , and then the next time they have changed their minds and you have to change them back again and so on .

Would you believe it I have missed the Kara programme , I had been suffering with a headache all day , and I was fed up with the non stop Thatcher programmes I could not take anymore ,so I switched off and laid down after taking a painkiller , I fell asleep and woke up intime to see the programme finishing titles . I will have to record it at 2-30 tomorrow morning .:eek:
  • SMW1963SMW1963 Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really enjoyed watching -"What Do Artists Do All Day " thought it was really interesting. Boy can Jack Vettriano smoke !!:eek:

Kara looked stunning in all the outfits but I did love the blue dress ,Kara is a natural beauty.Even on a rainy day .So Classy :D

Loved the finished product I wonder if he gave her the painting after he finished it.:)
  • SMW1963SMW1963 Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same feeling about my boat , there are so many petty regulations we have to adhere to because every one is classed an idiot and we have to label everylittle thing incase we forget whether the engine runs on Petrol of Diesel we have to have a label at the point of the filler which tells you to either fill up with Petrol or fill up with Diesel and stupid things like that , as if we hired them out to the public , which we dont .Engine wise ,one year you have to exchange a pipe for one another type , and then the next time they have changed their minds and you have to change them back again and so on .

Would you believe it I have missed the Kara programme , I had been suffering with a headache all day , and I was fed up with the non stop Thatcher programmes I could not take anymore ,so I switched off and laid down after taking a painkiller , I fell asleep and woke up intime to see the programme finishing titles . I will have to record it at 2-30 tomorrow morning .:eek:

yungathart here's a snippet ;)

http://t.co/0S4Rk18QZg
    Forum Member

I didn't realise what was involved with testing of canal boats. You can understand the strict regulations where fuel is concerned. Especially as there are heaters and cookers on board. Well I assume there are.

Watched the Jack Vettriano programme. He commented quite early in the programme that he uses photographs rather than having a model sit for his paintings. Also he made the comment that once the photos are taken he wants the model gone. I realised we wouldn't see much of Kara. It is his style of painting. They sell, as do the reproductions and make money. As you haven't all seen the programme I won't say any more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    marileigh1 wrote: »
    Just finished watching the Jack Vettriano programme - thought it was very interesting. Wasn't Kara lovely in it, and so natural in front of the cameras -
    she looked really beautiful in all the outfits. But why didn't she wear the pale blue dress Jack said he liked best because it would be a splash of colour

I was reading in the paper today that all these cold winters and sunless summers are making us all ill - we could be all suffering from a lack of vitamin D -
    like Gwyneth Paltrow and Kylie Minogue !! Lack of energy, inertia, not feeling like eating - sounds just like me at the moment - this weather's really getting me down.
    It was nice and sunny over the weekend but it's gone back to being dull and rain is forecast. :eek:

You've just reminded me about my car's MOT - due in May - I only hope it passes - I'd be lost without it !

Its been bitterly cold in the wind here , what a change this week end it was such a pleasure to be in the sunshine again.

As you have read it can make you tired and ill if you dont get any sunshine , as Kara was Christmas before last as she had been filming for weeks and had hardly been in any daylight let alone sunshine , and more or less collapsed in Cenral Park in New York at christmas unable to walk she was so weak and tired , and it was diagnosed as lacking vitamin D , her parents and Artem where very worried about her at the time so now she takes a supliment to make sure it does not happen again. You would not think such asimple natural thing as sunshine would have such an effect on the bod.y
    Forum Member
    SMW1963 wrote: »

Thank you for posting this taster of the Vettriano programme SMW1963. As you say, boy does he smoke. Hated seeing **** ends in among the paints.:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really enjoyed watching -"What Do Artists Do All Day " thought it was really interesting. Boy can Jack Vettriano smoke !!:eek:

Kara looked stunning in all the outfits but I did love the blue dress ,Kara is a natural beauty.Even on a rainy day .So Classy :D

Loved the finished product I wonder if he gave her the painting after he finished it.:)

So glad you think so SMW - Kara said that he hadn't said she could have the painting, but I think she's still hoping! Over on the other thread they're saying they don't like how Kara looks in the
    picture, the shades make her look inaccessible and she's not like the Kara we all know. But she's playing a part, she's not going to look like she does every day. :confused: She's supposed to be looking
    sad and unsure, wondering whether she's been dumped or not, but trying to put on a good face.

I didn't like the way she looked in the Alan Ayckbourn play for that matter - her clothes and hairdo were most unflattering, but we all know how lovely she is really and she was the normal lovely
    Kara when she was arriving and showing off the dresses. :)
  • Lou69Lou69 Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed the Jack Vettriano programme and as usual Kara was looking beautiful.
    We have had a grey, very cold day again. it really gets you down and then having to listen all about Mrs Thatcher was just the end.
    I was watching a DVD on my computer, but I just couldn,t get the sound. It was driving me mad, does anyone have any solutions. I know my sound is working.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I didn't realise what was involved with testing of canal boats. You can understand the strict regulations where fuel is concerned. Especially as there are heaters and cookers on board. Well I assume there are.

Watched the Jack Vettriano programme. He commented quite early on that he uses photographs rather than having a model sit for his paintings. Also made the comment that once the photos are taken he wants the model gone. I realised we wouldn't see much of Kara. It is his style of painting. They sell as do the reproductions and make money.

I am glad you have seen the programme it sounds interesting , must put it on record straight away , I had been looking forward to it .:o.

Yes we have to have a safety compliance certificate , and the safety aspect is important its sensible , and unless you want blow yourself up there are basic rules like switching any gas off before you fuel up ,and yes we do have cooker and heaters , mine is a full sized gas oven , and I have a solid fuel stove etc, the much longer boats have central heating as some boats can be 70ft long , mine is only 35ft long so its very easy to keep warm in fact it can be too hot and snug when its all closed up at night , We have to have air vents and grills for safety , but we have to put anotice up saying Grill here or Pump Out pointing on the outside of the boat where the pump out connection fits into the special opening out side of the bath room or toilet cubicle , we know where the opening is and as we have to have a special key to undo it we are aware where it is , and are not likey to fill up with water into it , it would not be the correct fitting to start with , and any way it says water where the water filler is out side and that has a completely different key to open it with 30ft away at the other end of the boat . if you have paid a few thousands hard earned £s for the boat you do tend to know where every thing is , but we have to assume evey one is brainless.:eek:.. Sorry rant over .for now .:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thank you SMW that has certainly wetted my appetite , it looks good . and I think Kara looks beautiful , as she is a fan of his , she will be happy to look any way he requires her to look , he obviously admires her , or he would not have sent her a picture when she won SCD , so hes not likely to make her look unflattering even though it might not be close up of her facial features , I am sure we will all recognise her without any trouble .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So glad you think so SMW - Kara said that he hadn't said she could have the painting, but I think she's still hoping! Over on the other thread they're saying they don't like how Kara looks in the
    picture, the shades make her look inaccessible and she's not like the Kara we all know. But she's playing a part, she's not going to look like she does every day. :confused: She's supposed to be looking
    sad and unsure, wondering whether she's been dumped or not, but trying to put on a good face.

I didn't like the way she looked in the Alan Ayckbourn play for that matter - her clothes and hairdo were most unflattering, but we all know how lovely she is really and she was the normal lovely
    Kara when she was arriving and showing off the dresses. :)

I agree marileigh , I didnt like Kara's hair do either it wasnt very flattering at all, but as an actress she wont worry how she looks providing it is in character , and she knows she will go home at night her usual beautiful self .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am glad you have seen the programme it sounds interesting , must put it on record straight away , I had been looking forward to it .:o.

Yes we have to have a safety compliance certificate , and the safety aspect is important its sensible , and unless you want blow yourself up there are basic rules like switching any gas off before you fuel up ,and yes we do have cooker and heaters , mine is a full sized gas oven , and I have a solid fuel stove etc, the much longer boats have central heating as some boats can be 70ft long , mine is only 35ft long so its very easy to keep warm in fact it can be too hot and snug when its all closed up at night , We have to have air vents and grills for safety , but we have to put anotice up saying Grill here or Pump Out pointing on the outside of the boat where the pump out connection fits into the special opening out side of the bath room or toilet cubicle , we know where the opening is and as we have to have a special key to undo it we are aware where it is , and are not likey to fill up with water into it , it would not be the correct fitting to start with , and any way it says water where the water filler is out side and that has a completely different key to open it with 30ft away at the other end of the boat . if you have paid a few thousands hard earned £s for the boat you do tend to know where every thing is , but we have to assume evey one is brainless.:eek:.. Sorry rant over .for now .:o

Sounds really complicated, Yungathart, but you obviously know what has to be done. Sadly, not like those people who died from carbon monoxide poisoning in a boat on
    Lake Windermere the other day - although they say there was probably something faulty with the generator.

I was scared I might forget to watch the Kara programme so recorded it just in case, so I think I'll have another look at it tomorrow to see all the bits I missed when someone
    phoned up in the middle :eek:

I'm now going to have an early night - like you, I have been so sick of seeing nothing but Mrs. Thatcher on the TV. I tried in vain to find some other news but it appears the whole
    world has come to a standstill and nothing else at all is happening anywhere :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was about to delete a recording of the womans football match yesterday to be sure I dont miss any part of the Kara show when noticed my grandson and myself shown applauding the goal England scored , so darent delete it , until my GS has seen it , thank goodness its not a close up :o
  • Lou69Lou69 Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am like you Marileigh1 I think nothing else is happening in the world other than Mrs T. I am sorry to tell you but we will get it for days.I am quite tired tonight, I think the cold makes you tired.
    I will say Goodnight and Sweet Dreams to you all x. We could dream about nice warm sunny beaches!!!!!!!!!!!.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds really complicated, Yungathart, but you obviously know what has to be done. Sadly, not like those people who died from carbon monoxide poisoning in a boat on
    Lake Windermere the other day - although they say there was probably something faulty with the generator.

I was scared I might forget to watch the Kara programme so recorded it just in case, so I think I'll have another look at it tomorrow to see all the bits I missed when someone

I'm now going to have an early night - like you, I have been so sick of seeing nothing but Mrs. Thatcher on the TV. I tried in vain to find some other news but it appears the whole

Hasnt it !!!, I was sure it had .:confused::rolleyes:

That was terrible tragedy and by the size of the boat it would not take long to cause fatal consequences , safety is paramount but most of it is common sense .The fumes from the generator would be filling the boat its wise to have a carbon monoxside warning alarm .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Lou69 wrote: »
    I am like you Marileigh1 I think nothing else is happening in the world other than Mrs T. I am sorry to tell you but we will get it for days.I am quite tired tonight, I think the cold makes you tired.
    I will say Goodnight and Sweet Dreams to you all x. We could dream about nice warm sunny beaches!!!!!!!!!!!.

I am sure you are right and a televised funeral to finish with , I will give it a miss if I can . But was interested to hear that shewas moved into the Ritz recently as it was thought it would be more comfortable for her as she was getting near to the end , we will be lucky if we get moved to an old folks home if we are lucky , I am going to tell the family I expect the Ritz when its my time .:rolleyes:

That warm sunny beach sounds a much better idea , so sweet dreams .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OT I know ,but am interested to know what they work like if any one has them on their car , I have decided to have reverse sensors fitted on thursday , have any of you used them , I might be wasting my money , but as i am only 5ft 2, and the back window is quite high , I have to use the wing mirrors more than the iside mirror , and thought a sensor would be helpful.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will wish you all goodnight sweet beach dreams .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lou69 wrote: »

You are so right, Lou. I turned on Breakfast this morning, and there was our friendly reporter standing outside No. 10, telling us all about the funeral, and then someone else
    was in Grantham asking the local residents what they thought about her. She changed the country, apparently, as if we didn't know! Oh, for heaven's sake - can't they think
    of something else to talk about? :confused:

Warm, sunny beaches is just what I could do with at the moment and it's raining and miserable outside today.

That's a good idea, Yungathart! My two daughters are coming for the day on Friday and we are having lunch with one of my sons, whose birthday is on Monday - so three
    out of the four of them will be there. I must remember to tell them to book me into the Ritz - it should make an interesting topic of conversation at the meal table! :D

Can't give you any advice, good or otherwise, about reverse sensors. I don't have them but I'm lucky, I'm reasonably tall and can manage without them, but I have a friend
    who is about your height and she had difficulty the other day backing out of my driveway, because I have a hedge on both sides. So if you are 5'2"-ish, perhaps they would be a good idea. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OT I know ,but am interested to know what they work like if any one has them on their car , I have decided to have reverse sensors fitted on thursday , have any of you used them , I might be wasting my money , but as i am only 5ft 2, and the back window is quite high , I have to use the wing mirrors more than the iside mirror , and thought a sensor would be helpful.

my son has had them on his last 3 cars and would hate to be without them, and he is 6ft.
This discussion has been closed.