Official Snooker Thread (Part 4)

Comments

• clarky323clarky323 Posts: 10,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excellent question :).... Wish I'd thought about it a bit more before diving in....it's not as impressive when you have a second bite of the cherry :D

or third ;):p

Worlds pre-qualifiers get/got underway today, Swail won his first match 5-1.
  • Terrence ChantTerrence Chant Posts: 1,331,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    clarky323 wrote: »
    or third ;):p

Worlds pre-qualifiers get/got underway today, Swail won his first match 5-1.

Yeah I was hoping Knowlesy might be one of the streamed matches but alas not. Think he's at the Academy not the Badminton Hall where the cameras are? Another old stager Les Dodd, who always has a pop in the pre-qualifiers, came through his first match earlier 5-4.
  • Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has David Taylor entered this year again ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has David Taylor entered this year again ?
    No, Tony Chappel who reached the Seniors Final is having a go though:

http://livescores.worldsnookerdata.com/RoundList/Tournament/13299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, Tony Chappel who reached the Seniors Final is having a go though:

http://livescores.worldsnookerdata.com/RoundList/Tournament/13299

cheers
  • TungstenTungsten Posts: 2,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tony Knowles hopes end for another year, losing 5-2 to Justin Astley. Always 2014 Knowlesy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think this pre-qualifiers is a good idea but I'm not sure about the players who play to be honest, to me it seems to be a mix of young players who have failed on tour so far and old players who never quite reached the top.

I would like to see the legends give it a go!! Parrott, Dennis Taylor, Stephen Hendry!! ect...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this pre-qualifiers is a good idea but I'm not sure about the players who play to be honest, to me it seems to be a mix of young players who have failed on tour so far and old players who never quite reached the top.

I would like to see the legends give it a go!! Parrott, Dennis Taylor, Stephen Hendry!! ect...

Parrott entered last year, and lost 5-0. He paid £100 for the privelege.
  • zawtowerszawtowers Posts: 1,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That he was. It's absolutely true in what he writes, and the same could be said for a lot of sports in a similar manner - horse racing "journalists" who cover the Grand National once a year and think they're experts in horse racing for example.

I for one would be pleased to see some of the players with massive amounts of potential qualify for the Crucible, which means the real fans and journalists like Dave get to herald the new guns. The once-a-yearers will just get behind the usual suspects.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking at my current planned visits to the Crucible, it works out as follows:

Sat 20th April (morning, Table 2) - Ricky Walden v qualifier
    Sat 20th April (afternoon, Table 1) - Shaun Murphy v qualifier
    Sun 21st April (afternoon, Table 2) - Mark Williams v qualifier

Might try for a couple of the evening sessions during the first week, although that'll be basically a going from work on the train to Sheffield job - and then heading on the late train back.
    Doable, but less so if the evening drags on. I even contemplated staying over in Sheffield and heading to Manchester to work the next morning....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zawtowers wrote: »
    Looking at my current planned visits to the Crucible, it works out as follows:

Sat 20th April (afternoon, Table 1) - Shaun Murphy v qualifier

I wondered who was playing then, I've got a front row seat for that match.
  • HaydenHayden Posts: 32,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky have dropped the Premier League according to a post in the Broadcasting forum,
  • Ginger DaddyGinger Daddy Posts: 8,507
    Forum Member
    At a loose end on Sunday so may go and watch the qualifiers. Brecel, Swail and Drago on Sunday so not bad for a fiver.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At a loose end on Sunday so may go and watch the qualifiers. Brecel, Swail and Drago on Sunday so not bad for a fiver.

Is it like a balcony you can walk along and see different matches ? Or do you get seats for one table ?
    Forum Member
    Is it like a balcony you can walk along and see different matches ? Or do you get seats for one table ?

Its a stand in a badminton/volleyball court, free seating. Can watch three matches at once in most seats. For a fiver on Sunday its not bad at all. The last round is a whopping £7.50 though.

Sat next to Terry Griffiths last year for half an hour or so!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tungsten wrote: »
    I wondered who was playing then, I've got a front row seat for that match.

It's normally easy to work out which table you're on if you're looking at the Crucible seating plan.

All the high numbers of each row are on the right side as you look from the TV (Table 1), and you use the blue, orange or red roors to get in.

All the low numbers of each row are on the left side as you look from the TV (Table 2) and you use the green, purple and red doors to get in.

Have fun on the front row for your session though - you'll have to see if anyone spots you on the telly :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to have commentary from round one this year accompanying world snookers live stream, especially when it's someone as good as Phil Yates on duty :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Luca in a spot of bother, 0-4 down at the MSI to Fraser Patrick...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

yeah he didn't start well but has come back well and now only trails 5-4. just proves though that there is a lot of talent in this game, even in the first qualifying rounds there are great players!! you need to be on your game at all times no matter who you are playing!
    Forum Member

Mid session interval? 21 hours or so, thats a long one :D:D
  • BhaveshgorBhaveshgor Posts: 9,312
    Forum Member
    yeah he didn't start well but has come back well and now only trails 5-4. just proves though that there is a lot of talent in this game, even in the first qualifying rounds there are great players!! you need to be on your game at all times no matter who you are playing!

can u watch the matches in a stream, if so can U post the link please.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bhaveshgor wrote: »
    can u watch the matches in a stream, if so can U post the link please.

well I was watching on bet365 live streaming which I have payed for (only a one-off payment of £10).

you can watch it on firstrowsports though.
  • JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    got it on via firstrowsports now. Pengfei Should beat o-donnell 10-5 but he just missed frame ball
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see BBC 2 will be showing the morning sessions from 10am at the Worlds
This discussion has been closed.