This disc is incompatible (Blu Ray disc)

I started to have a problem with my Panasonic DMP-BD60 Blu ray player, it states that some of my personal discs are incompatible and my latest LoveFilm.com rental has the same problem even though the disc is clean as a whistle:confused:

I am on the latest firmware update for this model as this is the first thing I checked, I purchased a Blu Ray/DVD lens cleaner, run it still the same problem? I will try the offending BD discs at work tomorrow to see if they play OK!

Tech guys any idea, could it be a problem with the laser, thanks for your help in advance,

Comments

• mlayzellmlayzell Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    mlayzell wrote: »
    I started to have a problem with my Panasonic DMP-BD60 Blu ray player, it states that some of my personal discs are incompatible and my latest LoveFilm.com rental has the same problem even though the disc is clean as a whistle:confused:

I am on the latest firmware update for this model as this is the first thing I checked, I purchased a Blu Ray/DVD lens cleaner, run it still the same problem? I will try the offending BD discs at work tomorrow to see if they play OK!

Tech guys any idea, could it be a problem with the laser, thanks for your help in advance,

For the record it must be the player, Blu ray disc loads fine at work. I spoke to a approved repair centre chap, he said if the laser had gone it would be a £70 repair:( so might as buy a new player as far as tech goes if it goes wrong and it is out of warranty it is a throw away and replace culture!
  • evil cevil c Posts: 7,833
    Forum Member
    Before you throw the player away have a look at this thread. If it's only that you need an SD card they are £15 on Amazon. Link: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=103909
  • mlayzellmlayzell Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    evil c wrote: »
    Before you throw the player away have a look at this thread. If it's only that you need an SD card they are £15 on Amazon. Link: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=103909

Thanks for that, I tried a 2GB micro SD in a SD adapter card, shame it did not work:( If you look at the bottom posts of this link other people are having problems with new release Blu Ray discs, it must be a firmware issue with this model and after time manufacturers don't care about updating the firmware on older models!

The thing I find strange is this LoveFilm.com disc played fine at work on a Sony player and as far as I am aware this 3 year old player has never had its firmware updated:confused:

For the record I will not throw away this player as it plays with older discs and all DVD's, but I am investing in a PS3 to give me more multimedia options and if that does not play this damned Blu Ray disc then I am cursed:(